• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I packed down against Steve's brother or cousin in 2nd or 3rd grade a couple years ago. Guy absolutely obliterated my spine as I gave a good 20kg on him + 6 inches. I still maintain I'm an inch shorter after that season.

There were four Kefu brothers: Toutai (number 8.), Steve (inside centre), Fa'leo (spelling?) (number 8.), and Mafileo (outside centre). Toutai went to Cav Road high school I think, the next three to BSHS.

Toutai everyone knows about, and probably Steve too.

Fa'leo was supposed to be the most talented brother, and played first grade premiership rugby as young as 16 (I think?). However, he badly damaged his neck at the bottom of a ruck around ~20 years old and was never expected to play again. He return to premiership rugby eventually, but was never the same player. If you packed down against a Kefu, it may be been Fa'leo if he was still playing, although I thought he did eventually give it away. He played a hard style of rugby for a young kid, from what I remember. Fa'leo was definitely not small.

Mafi went to France to play rugby at a young age, and ended up at Toulon a few years later before eventually returning to the ITM cup a couple years ago. I think he's retired from rugby now, but am not too sure. He was the smallest of the brothers height wise, but he sure grew into his body in Toulon.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Mafi has played a bit of prems for Souths in the last 18 months. I think that was bit of a swansong and he's hung them up now as well.

There was another one, Simi, who is definitely the biggest but wasn't as good a player as the rest. Nice bloke though, does the Reds weekly premier rugby wrap video.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
any clarrity as to where Shippers is going anyone?

the below comment is both exciting and infuriating. Reds Happy, no need to comment, we know your perspective.

Despite speculation regarding our player retention, I reiterate we will announce the full picture at the appropriate time,” Carmichael said.
“However, our fans can be assured we identified and addressed our recruitment priorities within the squad some time ago and are now well positioned for 2015 and beyond.”

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Man Carmichael, being well positioned means you've secured the players you want already. Unless there's some unveiling event you're keeping everything secret for, I doubt you're in a good position. More of a precarious position that this could all backfire and shit and fan collide together.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well, with JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt, Jim Carmichael obviously didn't think we need a fullback of this lad's talent - another loss ????????

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
So I was just thinking, by the end of this year we will have lost the following from the back line over the last couple of years:

Morahan
Lance
Toua
Davies
Shipperly

Maybe JOC (James O'Connor) is being targeted as a fullback........

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I dont know what you Guys are bothered about.
Placid can come home in 2 years time,by then he might just about be ready for this level.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Problem is though Iltw that he just might not come home......... We seem to let a lot of talent slip through our fingers for one reason or another when they show the potential but for what ever reason 'they' couldn't be fagged putting the time into them.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I dont know what you Guys are bothered about.
Placid can come home in 2 years time,by then he might just about be ready for this level.
They don't always come home. Placid would be one of the few kids I wouldn't like to gamble on either. Should've just kept him at the Reds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
They don't always come home. Placid would be one of the few kids I wouldn't like to gamble on either. Should've just kept him at the Reds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have obviously seen more of him.
From my POV he is not a standout in the 20's squad.
There is only one back in that squad with a full pro contract.
You can't sign them all at that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.