• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_888

Frank Row (1)
Yep, sure. Can provide a few names but only give insight into those from University whom I follow.

Manly:
2. Dave Porecki- Form hooker in the competition 22 years of age
6. Harry Bergelin- Top try scorer, excellent lineout operator and overall game 23 years of age
7. Kotoni Ale- Great on the ball and powerful running game 24 years of age
8. Dylan Sigg- Previous stint with Brumbies strong ball carrier

Eastwood:
1. Jed Gillespie- Good ball skills, solid scrummager 22 years of age
5. Steve Cummins- Rebels 2015

Sydney University:

6. Tom Boidin (c)- A versatile forward similar mould to David McDuling (covers positions 4,5,6,8) who has had a stint at the Brumbies in 2011 before suffering a few season ending injuries which lead him out of the nations capital. At the age of 24 he has lead from the front not only this season but last forcing now Wallaby Will Skelton to start from the bench in the 2013 GF due to his form. He captained the side that won at Easts Bottomly Park for the Australian Club Championship (ACC) earlier this year. He will be one to watch this season for University.

3. Sam Talakai- At 23 years of age has been a University stalwart appearing for over 50+ 1st grade games varying between loose and tight head. He has been apart of the Waratahs set up now for a couple seasons, toured to Argentina with the NSW Barbarians and made his debut for the sky blue last season against the B&I Lions. He has been apart of three ACC fixtures (UQ 2011, UQ 2013 & Easts 2014) in which the previous two victories have been won on the back of a superb scrum.

7. David Hickey- Noted for his aggression and hard edge at the breakdown at 23 years of age David has a similar game to that of Beau Robinson. A very physical player who was voted by Shute Shield spectators as Uni's toughest forward. He was apart of the Waratahs set up in 2012 however surgery after the GF in 2013 prevented him from being apart of the WTS this season. He has participated in two ACC both against UQ missing against Easts due to injury. Another University stalwart approaching his 50th 1st grade cap.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The Reds are going to want to announce something positive soon. From discussions over the weekend with different people there will be no players let in 2015 apart from JOC (James O'Connor). By not letting the fans know what is going on they are giving legs to all the rumors.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Genia has surgery - out for 8 weeks.

He knows he's on the outer for Wallabies

My tip: He's getting himself right for a move to France.

Big call, no evidence, just a feeling in the "water"

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)

Doubt it, I think he's desperate to play in the RWC next year, and he will if he can get fit and get it together. Will move OS post-tournament either on a sabbatical (if the ARU recognises we need them, which we do) or for a few years.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Doubt it, I think he's desperate to play in the RWC next year, and he will if he can get fit and get it together. Will move OS post-tournament either on a sabbatical (if the ARU recognises we need them, which we do) or for a few years.

At the end of the day do we lose that much by letting a guy be contracted overseas for a year or two V on a sabbatical?

The only difference is he stays contractually obligated, but really are those contracts worth that much? They're easy enough to break.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)

My mates and I actually had this feeling even before his injury and have discussed it at length. Now with all this happening the speculation increases. Also backs up why I said we should jhave been giving Frisby more time earlier in the year as there is no guarantee Genia will stay.

He's shown in the past he's willing to leave the Reds and has a history of leaving clubs (Premier Grade clubs) when he's not happy with the situation. Im referring to when he left GPS for Norths due to a selection disagreement with the coach, he then left Norths for the Sunny Coast and now has left them due to their removal from Premier Rugby and gone to Wests. Not exactly what you'd call a one club mentality like some players have.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
He's shown in the past he's willing to leave the Reds...

Um no. He agreed to terms (for significantly more than the reds could afford) then did not sign anything and ended up staying for less money and in his own words "more job satisfaction".

This is so outrageously speculative it's funny. He's not indicated he's going, I think he's contractually obligated for 2015. We're all down in the dumps about this year but try to see through the emotional fog boys.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Yeah i can't see where all this is coming from. He's signed with the Reds until the end of 2015. Given his past (turning down the Force) I can't see him leaving esp when he's still got the RWC next year.

By my calculations he and Quade should be back in the RC around the same time (roughly second game in I think).

They'll both in gold again this year and next..

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think Richard Graham and Co have mistaken the Queensland Reds for Queensland Health with all these cuts!

Mind you giving this years performance, you can't really tell the difference.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pretty sure Steve Kefu is coaching Prem Colts at Souths this year Ash, he was assistant Prems coach there last year and even pulled on the boots for a couple of games in the closing rounds when depth at 10 & 12 were stretched.
!

I believe you are correct, in the lower grades. I know a young kid (well 20 odd) who got a bit of a fright when his opposite number lined up.....

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
After watching the u20's, if i was the reds I would be doing everything in my power to retain Payne. The kid has a real tradesman like approach to his game and reminds me a lot of Douglas.

I would also be bringing in McIntyre fulltime as well, a little disappointing that some of those WA boys are reportedly tied to the force for next year as Scoble and RHP are animals.

T

Train Without a Station

Whilst I don't doubt Payne is a good player, your description of him doesn't really give a reason to make too much of an effort to keep him. We've got plenty of tradesmen. We need some impact!

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I see him as a eventual replacement for Horwill, who is probably 1 more bad injury away from pulling up stumps domestically and heading overseas (purely speculating here).

Whilst I agree that linebending and explosiveness is definitely a trait we need in our team now, looking to the future is equally important. Tradesmen like is a term associated with run of the mill these days, which is wrong. I use at as a means as saying someone is qualified at there craft and trustworthy to build something. I trust Payne to help build our future tight 5.

Also if that is not enough i will say this; Payne is similar to a young Horwill in the fact that he isn't going to demolish your defensive line but will gobble up the meters and can do some damage if not given the appropriate attention.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Strong rumours in multiple media outlets that Dom Shipperley is off away.

Does anyone know to where?

Another once-sparkling player whose original talent has, for whatever reason, not developed in the recent Reds.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Pretty sure Steve Kefu is coaching Prem Colts at Souths this year Ash, he was assistant Prems coach there last year and even pulled on the boots for a couple of games in the closing rounds when depth at 10 & 12 were stretched.!

I packed down against Steve's brother or cousin in 2nd or 3rd grade a couple years ago. Guy absolutely obliterated my spine as I gave a good 20kg on him + 6 inches. I still maintain I'm an inch shorter after that season.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)

I reckon he is 'on the outer for Wallabies' as you put it because of his injury.

I was at the Hurricanes game whe he injured his ankle and was sick to the stomach when I watch him being carried back to the changing rooms after the game. I was then very very very surprised when he played the following week against the blues, and every week since then.

I would suggest, maybe speculate, that Link has managed to sit him down & tell him that he is not going to be at his best when injured so get it fixed. Having said that, rumours are that he played Premier rugby on the weekend, someone else might be able to confirm or deny, which I find maddness if the decision was made Thursday that he needed surgery.

As to the future - after 2015. I would not be surprised to see Genia leave. One of the bug bears in his last contract negotiations with the ARU was their refusal to allow him a 'sabatical', playing or otherwise. I am guessing if they refuse again then he will tell them to stick it.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I feel sorry for our wingers as they seem to cop a lot of flak for our woes.

But when there is no thrust or direction coming from your centres, it's difficult to perform as a winger

diomac

Frank Nicholson (4)
Been thinking about this all day and I would like to see CFS get a start on the wing next year, with JOC (James O'Connor) in the centres.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Um no. He agreed to terms (for significantly more than the reds could afford) then did not sign anything and ended up staying for less money and in his own words "more job satisfaction".

This is so outrageously speculative it's funny. He's not indicated he's going, I think he's contractually obligated for 2015. We're all down in the dumps about this year but try to see through the emotional fog boys.

Fair assessment but I just wouldn't be surprised if he were to leave. At the very least I reckon he'd be the first to leave out of our 'core' group of himself, Horwill (committed to Reds for life verbally), Slipper and Quade. I'm happy to have the unpopular opinion that he could/wants to leave, its going to happen eventually and we've got the talent in Frisby and Gale to cover in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.