• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
chuck him in there - if he's good enough he'll float to the top

Or he'll get broken and discarded.

I saw Dallan Murphy playing in a club game in Bris. back in 2011 or 2012. Shipperly was playing in the same game. He stood out as two steps above the other players along with Shipperly. Enough so that I can remember it now.

I also think that the early introduction of Beale has in the long run hampered his development as well, certainly there have been major flaws in his game which have never been addressed.

B

Bobby Sands

Okay.

Dallan was a contemporary of my very average rugby years. He played twos at Nudgee and was pretty average at that. Never made a rep side, was very much ho-hum at all underage levels.

He worked hard, and got the most out of himself. In many ways just playing Prems was an achievement. He was the 10 of a team that was DOMINATING clubland, and had a very good backline including his brother at fullback.

He was never meant to play Super Rugby.

Tuttle is a prodigy. Dominating at all junior levels at the same school, playing numerous years in the Ones.

Recently selected in the U20s without even playing in the tournament.

While I am waiting for the "it's not about schoolboys, this is what is wrong with Australian rugby" argument. I think that it outlines their base level as footballers.

Tuttle will have a much better career than Dallan.

I'm not advocating that he should be thrust into the 10 spot, given that he has been playing more recently at a nine. However as a direct comparison, it is apples and almonds.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
@ BSands not to discount your observations, I can only comment on what I saw and he was very good. From your description IRRC Kearns was a 2nd 15 player at school and even at Randwick he was a 2nd Grade Hooker until Dwyer picked him ahead of Eddie Jones (who was the wicks 1st grade hooker). Youth positioning can tell much but certainly not all was what an adult work ethic may bring. Indeed the childhood prodigy may not like having to work so hard when they leave school, as their prodigious talent had set them apart up to that point.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If he didn't play in the trials,it means he has played fuck all Rugby this year.
Putting a kid in a comeback game from injury on the field in SA in his Super Rugby debut just reeks of trouble.
I'm sure travelling and training with the squad would be beneficial for him,playing,not so much.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Bsands The fact that he is a "prodigy" like Beale and flatley (after 2 years in the firsts at school and hand full of premier games where he preformed ok how could he not be) is more of a reason to let him develop into the player his talents will let him be.
Let him play Aussie 20's (as a halfback) and/or a year of prems where he can learn how to play against men. Last year mainly due to his flat line play he got belted and his form reduced dramatically by the end of the season.

As for Dallan I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who watched premier footy in bris over those years who wouldn't have had him in the best three players in the Comp. Buts that's just my opinion obviously

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Re QC (Quade Cooper) back up.

Interestingly, W Smith in The Australian is today reporting that RG:

- began scouring the globe for a backup to QC (Quade Cooper) upon his first pre-season injury, and hoped to land Berrick Barnes but couldn't;

- after QC (Quade Cooper)'s latest injury, is doing the same thing again, with some difficulty as to who's available

Obviously there's $s available for such a recruitment.

..and that JOC (James O'Connor) will now stay on the wing, but resume kicking duties for the Reds.

Freddie Michelak. Anything to keep him out of the Brumbies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I hear you bobby but I got to agree with Red Heavy, nurture him, let him develop into a man who can play against men. The traveling with the team will do him good, don't dump the responsibility of him having to steer us around Loftus on top of that.

If he becomes the player he can be the post Quade and Sanchez Reds may not be the vacuum I have been worried about.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
it is such an unforgiving system, Often talented young bloke mentored along, looking good gets swiped by another franchise in greater need of a player in that position.
Kid wants to play and run-on to boot. Kid realise he will have to wait at his existing franchise until the incumbant fucks off, gets injured etc etc. - maybe years and years.
Kid signs elsewhere to get his shot.

Cannot blame the kid

Jeez that reminds me of a wonderful young bloke named J Butler

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Stoked and completely surprised for Bobby to get the call up. Especially after only lining up for one prems game this season. Even more the surprising for the reds to name him as a fly half in their position breakdowns, as far as I am concerned the reds have requested Bobby to be played as half back at GPS as they see his future primarily there. He is a massive talent and hope he does one day get a shot, I just hope they dont go rushing him out over this 2 week tour. He will be something big one day though.
..edit: sorry "Bobby" is James Tuttle.

T

TOCC

'Former' head of Reds S&C Ollie Richardson, has now taken up a new role in Japan..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
200,000 kiwis call Queensland home. Doesn't mean they support the wallabies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know. I only say that it would have been nice to see him with the gold jersey, he has played for the Kangaroos then it was not impossible

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Duncan P is running out for GPS on the weekend. As someone mentioned before he seems to have fallen way down the pecking order. Although, the Reds didn't bring Scott Gale on tour so taking Tuttle does give them a genuine backup for 9 as well as the ability to play fly-half.

Status
Not open for further replies.