• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
if everyone is in tip top shape and ready to rock surely have to be
1. slipper 2. Fainga'a 3. Holmes
4. Simmons 5. Horwill
6. Thompson 8.Schatz 7. Gill
9. Genia 10. Quade 11. JOC (James O'Connor) 12. Taps 13. Kerevi 14. Sautia 15.Hunt

16. Hanson 17. Daley 18. Talakai 19. Mcduling 20. Browning 21. Frisby 22 Fainga'a 23. Turner

but if holmes is still a bit iffy, thompson is late to arrive (and tui perhaps) and kerevi is in a knee brace --> then

talakai 3 & Faagase 18
Browning 6 & Quirk 20
Sautia 13 & Turner 14
kuridrani/JJ @ 23

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
No qwerty. But Sanchez has a history of keeping stuff to himself. He is a pretty private bloke. based on his prrvious negotiations with the reds he does take a long time to commit.

If all his mates are staying at the reds and we are looking a good thing for 2016 he might want to go for it again. His only only 26 or 27. So much time for him to play on.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No qwerty. But Sanchez has a history of keeping stuff to himself. He is a pretty private bloke. based on his prrvious negotiations with the reds he does take a long time to commit.

If all his mates are staying at the reds and we are looking a good thing for 2016 he might want to go for it again. His only only 26 or 27. So much time for him to play on.

I'm not that's the case, sounds more like the deal has been done (seeing as all of NH know about it) but Genia won't publicly announce it yet.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
He may have informed the Reds but its probably not in the clubs best interests to announce another player leaving prior to the season, may see a decline in membership sales or something of the like.

I've said it before but I don't think 2015 is the year the Reds push for the title, despite it being Kev and possibly others final season at the club. The new guys will probably need some time to settle and other up and comers (Kerevi, Kuridrani, Thor etc) are still relatively raw. If the Reds invest enough time into those blokes and give guys like Frisby some big game minutes then 2016 will be the time to strike. Especially with the players leaving from other S15 franchises post RWC.

Not saying I've given up on 2015 but I see it more as building to a big couple of years in the future.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
The Force deal was a done deal a couple of years ago but he decided to stay home and double down on the Reds.

He is his own man and doesn't seem to get pushed into anything too quickly. We'll know by last part of the season I rekon.

Till then I hope the little man rips things up with his good mate Quade. Their combination in 2011 was sublime. Seeing them play live they had a sixth sense for each other. With all the injuries for the last 3 years it has been tough for them. Hope this year they both stay fit.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Is Genia's Bath not confirmed yet? I know all the NH scribes speak about him at Bath next year as a done deal.

I don't believe he has actually signed as yet. After the Force debacle, I'll wait until the bloke lands in England before I believe he has gone..............

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Nup, end of the month, early Feb depending on how his team fairs.

I'm sure I saw a video by the Reds on Facebook when he was talking about how the pre-season was different, meeting some of the boys in the Baa-baas game, being excited to be playing with the Reds, etc???

Anyway, he'll be a great addition. No doubt he'd be doing extras in Japan anyway to prepare for Super Rugby. I was looking forward to seeing him in Cairns against the Rebels...

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
The issue won't be fitness or a lack of training, it'll be getting used to systems, particularly lineouts.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
He may have informed the Reds but its probably not in the clubs best interests to announce another player leaving prior to the season, may see a decline in membership sales or something of the like.

I've said it before but I don't think 2015 is the year the Reds push for the title, despite it being Kev and possibly others final season at the club. The new guys will probably need some time to settle and other up and comers (Kerevi, Kuridrani, Thor etc) are still relatively raw. If the Reds invest enough time into those blokes and give guys like Frisby some big game minutes then 2016 will be the time to strike. Especially with the players leaving from other S15 franchises post RWC.

Not saying I've given up on 2015 but I see it more as building to a big couple of years in the future.

Wallaby forward pack (except for Thompson, an All Black), Wallaby halves, Wallaby centres, Wallaby wingers and an Australian Rugby League legend,AFL playing,Heineken Cup finalist fullback.

I reckon if they don't have a crack now, there's something wrong.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Absolutely agree with your first para.

Totally disagree with the second. I think 2015 will be huge for the Reds. We then lose JOC (James O'Connor), Kev, likely Genia, maybe Quade all for 2016 and that looks bad,.

T

TOCC

I'm not that's the case, sounds more like the deal has been done (seeing as all of NH know about it) but Genia won't publicly announce it yet.

My understanding is that it was a letter of intent, which is a legally binding contract in its simplest form, however it may have contents and clauses within the LOI to be met before the formal contract is signed.

It may be dependant on Genia negotiating a release date, or Bath negotiating a third-party sponsor for a certain amount. If one of those aren't met then the contract is simply void.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm sure I saw a video by the Reds on Facebook when he was talking about how the pre-season was different, meeting some of the boys in the Baa-baas game, being excited to be playing with the Reds, etc???

Anyway, he'll be a great addition. No doubt he'd be doing extras in Japan anyway to prepare for Super Rugby. I was looking forward to seeing him in Cairns against the Rebels.

it was filmed in Japan.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
I've read from a couple places that in 2011 Digby and Genia were the gym heroes of the Reds squad. Those short ranges of motion!

There was something about the strongest rugby player in the world a while back, and Genia was on that list -- benching something over 400 lbs 2 or 3 times. Might have been the same thing you saw. But like you said, Genia doesn't have far to push the weight up.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not trying to be a cynic but I'm not putting all my eggs in this 2015 basket. Just because the team looks good on paper doesn't mean they are ready to win the comp. 2015 will definitely (I hope) be an improvement to the last few years but I doubt Reds management have a mentality of 'if we don't win this year then we're idiots' that some posters here seem to have. They have stock who will improve with age/playing together which may not happen in 2015.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
I'm not sure, he uploaded this photo 2 days ago:

wcg1h0.jpg

Apparently that photo was taken in Sagamihara, Japan. Be anywhere, he is training and judging by the photo he's in great shape

Thomson's on his way from Tokyo to serve Tokugawa Graham and help orchestrate the shinobi Seige of Sydney Castle.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Not trying to be a cynic but I'm not putting all my eggs in this 2015 basket. Just because the team looks good on paper doesn't mean they are ready to win the comp. 2015 will definitely (I hope) be an improvement to the last few years but I doubt Reds management have a mentality of 'if we don't win this year then we're idiots' that some posters here seem to have. They have stock who will improve with age/playing together which may not happen in 2015.

But the young'uns that may come thru are not a patch on the potential leavers.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
All the blokes you mention in your earlier post Scrubber would definitely be losses but in saying that only JOC (James O'Connor) and Quade probably still have higher ceilings to reach. Genia and Horwill peaked in 2010-2012 and since then have plateaued or slightly declined, they're still great players but the Reds can find replacements for their current versions so to speak.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
My understanding is that it was a letter of intent, which is a legally binding contract in its simplest form, however it may have contents and clauses within the LOI to be met before the formal contract is signed.

It may be dependant on Genia negotiating a release date, or Bath negotiating a third-party sponsor for a certain amount. If one of those aren't met then the contract is simply void.

I would have thought that if Genia has a good year, seeing him as Wallaby No 1 half for the RWC, his income levels would be greater than what Bath could afford next year.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I'm not sure, he uploaded this photo 2 days ago:

wcg1h0.jpg

Apparently that photo was taken in Sagamihara, Japan. Be anywhere, he is training and judging by the photo he's in great shape

I didn't realize the air pollution levels were so high in Japan. No wonder he wants to come back to the southern hemisphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.