• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kerevi is currently rocking around in a knee brace I believe. Unfortunately this constant run of injuries has me worried about his longevity and may affect his selection early in the season, again.

T

TOCC

So, what is the starting team we are looking at?

1 Slipper
2, Saia/Hanson - who knows
3. Greg Holmes
4. Simmons
5. Horwill - his performances may leave door open - "blooding" for 2016 and all of that
6. Adam Thomson
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Shatz
9. Genia - but he better come out of the blocks quickly
10. Quade Cooper
11. JOC (James O'Connor)
12, ????
13, ????
14. Turner - not JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ please
15, Hunt

Hooker isn't even a debate given Saia's form for the Wallabies in 2014, he was regularly in the top 3 performers on the EOYT and was in career best form.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
The position is still Genia's to lose, but if Frisby gets a shot he may well end up the preferred option by seasons end.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The position is still Genia's to lose, but if Frisby gets a shot he may well end up the preferred option by seasons end.

Probaby right. There is a large question mark over Genia staying at the Reds beyond 2015 and it will be interesting to see if he performs well.

Reckon he will (play well), simply because he is the third, possibly second halfback behind Phipps in Wallaby contention. Besides the bloke is a champion and I look forward to him performing at the level he is certainly capable of - it would be a real real +++++ to the Reds fortunes

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
It seems to me that Will has recovered some kgs since his last injury:

ehm4jc.jpg

What do u think?

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Not sure when Thomson arrives from Japan but he might be on the bench the first few rounds if he hasn't had time to adjust, will probably be the starting 6 fairly soon though. I think the centres will be tapuai and kerevi, hopefully in that order. CFS might pip turner for the wing, though his versatility may leave him on the bench.
Pretty sure Thompson is in Brisbane and has been doing a full pre-season.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
How much of a threat to Genia is Nick Frisby?

I think this will be an interesting side note for the whole season. Remembering Genia has returned from injury, and was brought into the spring tour (early in my opinion) he would be considered a strong contender for the Wallabies 9 jersey. He will excel being a strong pack moving forward and with the options in the backs I would reckon Quade will be screaming for the ball if they get on the front foot. I reckon Frisby is a more dynamic attacking halfback at the moment, and better with slow ruck ball.
I reckon the decision on who's on the pitch will be based on a lot of things other than who is the 'best' halfback - how the forwards are playing (Frisby will suit the grinding slow forward game with some sniping and quick decision making around the base, but also in an open game where a lot of attention is focused on the spread to cover the dangerous Reds backs, there should be some space around the ruck), Genia's relationship with Cooper and how that translates to use of the backs, and the long term picture for Genia (although this should be a low priority when picking the side imo).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I've read from a couple places that in 2011 Digby and Genia were the gym heroes of the Reds squad. Those short ranges of motion!

If I recall correctly back in 2011 (its when I got to do that train with the team) the top 3 were Genia, Chibba and Benny Taps (2 and 3 might have been a different order). I remember Benny in particular went from looking like Benny Tubby to a real weapon.

Pretty sure Thompson is in Brisbane and has been doing a full pre-season.

Nup, end of the month, early Feb depending on how his team fairs.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Genia's Bath not confirmed yet? I know all the NH scribes speak about him at Bath next year as a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.