• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Seems like a smart move to me to have guys train for free and only pay them if they are needed. Comes with the risk of them going somewhere else if they are offered anything but most teams are currently full so it shouldn't be a real issue.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
You're in for a treat. Going from free to air to Foxtel at the start of the S15 season is heaven for Rugby tragics. So. Much. Rugby. :D
Historically though, no. The trials aren't usually televised. But this may be due to the TV Camera unfriendliness of the venues. The Ballymore game would be more suited to it but I doubt will be covered.

EDIT: Oh and a word from the wise. If you have a significant other who has sensed the opportunity to record trashy reality shows, soapies and dancing/singing shows, whatever you do, don't let him/her discover the series link function. The HDD will be full before the weekend and all of your S15 games will fail to record. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

It was my mother in law that did that to me. I would have burned the 13th street channel to the ground if I was able. Fucking Poirot and Midsomer Murders.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Real Housewives of Everywhere at my place. You have to be vigilant with the remote and delete anything that has been watch or has more than 2 unwatched episodes. Also make sure nothing conflicts with you recording before you go out or go to bed.

You need to be disciplined for Foxtel to work.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Real Housewives of Everywhere at my place. You have to be vigilant with the remote and delete anything that has been watch or has more than 2 unwatched episodes. Also make sure nothing conflicts with you recording before you go out or go to bed.

You need to be disciplined for Foxtel to work.

Easiest way around this is when you first get your new IQ box with remote, make out how difficult it is to operate. Pretend to lose a program or two and tell them it needs research. Go to your computer and watch your Femjoy photos for an hour or two, swearing occasionally, and then make out you've finally worked it out
The females won't come within a Bull's roar of it ever.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ive seen another photo of this minus the players sitting in the front rank who are all the Wider Training Squad players, and left remaining were 32 players, the 29 full contracted and 3 EPS squad players listed on the Reds website.
seems to be a trend, the rebels are two short of a full deck also

T

Train Without a Station

The last couple of players are likely only going to get game time if there are injuries. With that in mind if there aren't any single stand out candidates, and a number of players are equal, it's probably better to leave the spot open until there are injuries, that way you know what position you need to fill. What good is a 6th or 7th prop if your top 4 play every game?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
An interesting read from the Reds Web page, "Slipper said he thought Stiles had added another layer of expertise to the Reds already experienced coaching team.
“With Stiles here the sessions have been a little longer, a little harder but at the end of the day we’re here to improve and we’re going a long way to doing that,” Slipper said."
So the team is taking the scrummaging aspect into this season very seriously. To have the halves performing going ahead, we do need a good scrum pack.

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/NewsArticles/tabid/581/ArticleID/10732/Default.aspx

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Very very few players will be one franchise players - particularly in a franchise that produces plenty of players, New young players come much cheaper than the established top liners so it is a balancing act

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who are the one-club players at the moment? Say, with over 70 caps.

Holmes leads the way at the Reds, with Kev, Quade and Will all set to hit 100 this season. I think after that its Lucas and Simmons who will hit 70 this year.

For the Tahs I'm guessing the likes of Keup, Dennis and Horne will be close with Fat Cat, Palu and TPN leading the way?

At the Brumbies I reckon its only Alexander is it? Maybe Lealiifano and Rathbone?

Obviously no one from the Rebels.

Out West I'm guessing Hodgson leads the way, but can't recall if he ever played for the Tahs??? Then probably Cowan, Cummins and McCalman??

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hodgson played just a few games off the bench for the Tahs before heading west. Didn't look great in his cameos until giving a starting opportunity, then he played like a demon for a few seasons until seeming permamently hampered by injuries.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Who are the one-club players at the moment? Say, with over 70 caps.

Holmes leads the way at the Reds, with Kev, Quade and Will all set to hit 100 this season. I think after that its Lucas and Simmons who will hit 70 this year.

For the Tahs I'm guessing the likes of Keup, Dennis and Horne will be close with Fat Cat, Palu and TPN leading the way?

At the Brumbies I reckon its only Alexander is it? Maybe Lealiifano and Rathbone?

Obviously no one from the Rebels.

Out West I'm guessing Hodgson leads the way, but can't recall if he ever played for the Tahs??? Then probably Cowan, Cummins and McCalman??

You then get players who have moved for opportunity but have become long time contributers to a franchise. If hodgeson has a couple of caps for the Tahs, he certainly fits that description for the Force. The Fainga'a's are headed in the same direction with the Reds.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
In the video he thought the sessions were more technical too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

T

tranquility

Noticed Slipper packing at TH. Gives a bit of insight as to how the Reds will use him.

I think most would agree than Slipper is better on the loose head side, but we don't have much in terms of experience on the TH side other than Holmesy. Jono is obviously a TH, but is still getting the hang of things.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Who are the one-club players at the moment?

I checked each team, here's the players with 40+ caps and have only played for one team:
Reds: Greg Holmes, James Slipper, James Hanson, James Horwill, Rob Summons, Liam Gill, Jake Schatz, Will Genia, Quade Cooper, Ben Lucas, Ben Tapuai, Rod Davies, TOTAL: 12

Waratahs: Sekope Kepu, Benn Robinson, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Kane Douglas, Dave Dennis, Wycliff Palu, Rob Horne, TOTAL: 7

Force: Pek Cowan, Kieran Longbottom, Nathan Charles, Sam Wykes, Ben McCalman, Nick Cummins, TOTAL: 6

Brumbies: Ben Alexander, Matt To'omua, Christian Lealiifano, Pat McCabe, Henry Speight, TOTAL: 5

Rebels: Hugh Pyle, Lachlan Mitchell, TOTAL: 2

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Hugh Pyle 40+ caps? That's impressive....still so underrated.

You forget how many games the young guys like Gilly, Shatz and Hanson have played.

Status
Not open for further replies.