• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Tell me it isn't so that RG has gone for 6. Simmons 7. Robinson 8. Shatz this week?

T

Train Without a Station

RG has gotta be geeing us up. He can't possibly think that's the best option that's going to minimize the deficiencies out of the team he's got.

T

Train Without a Station

I think Butler saw with Browning coming along he could have fallen out of the match day squad. Good player and from my old subbies club originally so I'd never talk him down, but didn't fill what we needed, was a bit of another Quirk and Shatz.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I think Butler saw with Browning coming along he could have fallen out of the match day squad. Good player and from my old subbies club originally so I'd never talk him down, but didn't fill what we needed, was a bit of another Quirk and Shatz.

I think Butler's been good for the Brumbies if not a standout, his doing a Job at 7 and I couldnt be happier with him.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I agree. He's looked great. I guess we made our decision and the world is full of coulda, shoulda and wouldas.
Bulter won his place at 8 to start with before Poey went down..

I think he would have been behind your front 3 backrowers and maybe Browning. I think our backrowers are bit different as in they have strengths not similar as you could see in Mowen Futo and Poey.All do great job (if fit) but so different.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

T

tranquility

I think Butler's been good for the Brumbies if not a standout, his doing a Job at 7 and I couldnt be happier with him.

Butler has been hailed as a freak for a long time. I think he made schoolboys as a 16 year old (year 11), and then was injured in year 12 but still selected to tour. The worry was that he wouldn't grow enough for senior rugby, but he has thrown that theory in the bin. Good footy brain too.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tensions at the Queensland Reds are so high that coach Richard Graham had to confront his own players over a perceived lack of support.
Graham gathered the playing squad in a room last week and bluntly told them the internal friction had to end.
We hear Graham asked the group: “Are you with me or against me?”.
The coach took the silence that followed as support and then called a start to training. The Reds went on to get dished up by the Blues.

In a further sign of turmoil, its understood former Wallaby winger Digby Ioane was offered a spot by the Reds to return home.
Reds players close to Ioane told him not to bother because by the time he returned they wouldn’t be at the club.

T

tranquility

It would have some truth, ie not entirely baseless. However, it sounds like insidious rumour to me. It would not surprise me if Dick called them together, as any coach would in the position. However the stuff with Digby is ridiculous. Who from that inner nucleus is going to jump ship; Genia? Quade? Gill? Slipper? Highly unlikely.

If it ever or in fact has reached such a point, which I doubt, the coach would be gone long before a mass exodus.

Still, smoke and fire and all that.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
It would have some truth, ie not entirely baseless. However, it sounds like insidious rumour to me. It would not surprise me if Dick called them together, as any coach would in the position. However the stuff with Digby is ridiculous. Who from that inner nucleus is going to jump ship; Genia? Quade? Gill? Slipper? Highly unlikely.

If it ever or in fact has reached such a point, which I doubt, the coach would be gone long before a mass exodus.

Still, smoke and fire and all that.

How could we have fallen so quickly that this type of shit is in the paper now. Earlier in the week there were reports in the smh rumors section that if Quade does not get a Wobs jersey this year he is heading to France in 2015. There us always a grain of truth to this rubbish.

I thought we had learnt our lessons from the bad years. How did we get back there so fast?

Graham has had the perfect transition time. We have players that have won a s15, why do we suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.