• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I would be happy for Robinson to start against the Shorks. That added mongral will be an asset and give Gill a break due to last week. Have him on the bench but with limited game time. Whoever plays six will have their work cut out with Alberts and it don't get easier when Deysel comes on. I want us to have a crack at their lineout also. Eight is our weak point at the moment. I like shatz but he isn't in great form at the moment. We will need his safe hands at the back of the scrum cause we will be copping some heat up front next week.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
We are Red is artificial if invoked by some dueche with a microphone. What gets me is how badly it rolls off the tongue. That's why it never lasts. A crowd engineered chant of Reds would suffice nicely.

I thought the
lions game last year was a nice break away from the we are red chant. :D
I wonder if a popular player with the kids, maybe Cooper was to make some sort of signal to the crowd to go berserk whether the crowd would get into it. Often in the NFL players wave their arms to get the crowd involved, especially in defence.

I dream of the reds getting as loud as the Seattle Seahawks, the crowd there actually registered on a seismograph as a minor earthquake!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Got a lot of dirty looks for yelling out from the polite applause mob which is disappointing.

TO be fair its hard for the crowd to fire up when its this early in the season, we are playing a side who nobody knows and it doesn't really matter if we lose.

You and I need to sit together so that they onyl need to look in one direction..........

I actually think that it was the type of game that kept us all on the edges of our seats friday night which meant that there was no encouragement of the 'We Are Red' chant. There was always a feeling that the game was going to break wide open with either side.

Also re crowd numbers - I think a combination of the 6:40 kick off on a Friday afternoon first game in the season would be the reason for the sub 30K crowd. No to disappointed though. We had 11K on the Tah's first home game crowd......

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I wonder if a popular player with the kids, maybe Cooper was to make some sort of signal to the crowd to go berserk whether the crowd would get into it. Often in the NFL players wave their arms to get the crowd involved, especially in defence.

I dream of the reds getting as loud as the Seattle Seahawks, the crowd there actually registered on a seismograph as a minor earthquake!
Maybe a flick pass to the face of a travelling fan ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Not a lot of atmosphere last night I felt.

Whatever happened to those drums we had in 2011? They added some real atmosphere to the game. The Roar used them at one stage but they've moved onto giving the PA to the "leader" of the support group. Essentially, he uses it to call the "chants".

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
I don't remember the drums?

The We are Red chant makes me cringe, even as I shout it out.

What is wrong with "REH-EHDS" - performed in the tone and pitch of the classic hit 'BUUULLLL-SHIT'

It's loud, droning and you can have a whole stadium shouting it together.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Re: Yelling shit at games.

I miss Diggers because (inter alia) every time he would get the ball, I'd get to shout "DIGBEEEEEE"

It's just not the same yelling "Lauchie"

I found myself yelling "GO DOS!" every time Toua got the ball. It has become a serious issue haha.

Or something that has become common amongst my mates, the "NOT FRISBY" every time he comes on.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Whatever happened to those drums we had in 2011? They added some real atmosphere to the game. The Roar used them at one stage but they've moved onto giving the PA to the "leader" of the support group. Essentially, he uses it to call the "chants".

I loved the drums!

I bet it was that dirty look brigade that got them shunted.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just out of curiosity, & slightly off topic but do you any of you blokes have a punt on the 50/50 Draw that goes on the matches?

I've noticed that Broncos fans generally seem to punt a lot more on it than Reds fans do. Wondering if it's because the lure of winning $4000 - $10000 seems far more attractive to League fans because they're harder up for cash or what's behind it.

http://www.5050draw.com.au/draws

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Can't speak for this year but last year the Broncos let the sellers in most areas whilst the reds, for the most part, kept them out of the corporate area.

Another factor is reds fans arrive reficulously late. Something like 75% of them around 5 mins pre and post kick off.

Broncos have more home games too which breeds familiarity. Which helps sell tickets. Only start half way through the last season for the reds. So 4 games to get the message across.

Although having big Radike selling tickets last week may have convinced a few folk to buy.

T

Tip

I might upset a few tiger fans here but...
Toua needs a spell on the pine.
1 good try doesn't make up for his numerous errors in the past 3 games.
He's clearly there because he's got toe and a left boot, however his kick returns have been atrocious and he doesn't know the meaning of the word "depth" in attack.
I can't think of a weaker player (past or present) in contact than him! All it takes is for an opponent to put their pinky finger on him and Toua will do The rest.
The rest happens to be him tripping over himself and losing the ball forward.

I said before the game that Graham had lost the plot with his Bench choices. There is one player that should be guaranteed a spot in the 23 for Queensland, and that is Ben Lucas. Who in their right mind would pick a reserve 9 more prone to the brain-explosion than a flash of brilliance? Couple that with the fact that Lucas can cover 9, 10, 12 & 15 and... you have player that enables you to play a 6/2 split.
Oh and Graham picked two 12's on the bench. Idiocy.

Reds Best Backline:

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Shipperly
12. Harris / FTA/ Taps
13. CFS
14. Davies
15. Turner / Harris

P.S. can someone please amputate Genia's right foot and replace it with a prosthetic?

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)
I might upset a few tiger fans here but.
Toua needs a spell on the pine.
1 good try doesn't make up for his numerous errors in the past 3 games.
He's clearly there because he's got toe and a left boot, however his kick returns have been atrocious and he doesn't know the meaning of the word "depth" in attack.
I can't think of a weaker player (past or present) in contact than him! All it takes is for an opponent to put their pinky finger on him and Toua will do The rest.
The rest happens to be him tripping over himself and losing the ball forward.

I said before the game that Graham had lost the plot with his Bench choices. There is one player that should be guaranteed a spot in the 23 for Queensland, and that is Ben Lucas. Who in their right mind would pick a reserve 9 more prone to the brain-explosion than a flash of brilliance? Couple that with the fact that Lucas can cover 9, 10, 12 & 15 and. you have player that enables you to play a 6/2 split.
Oh and Graham picked two 12's on the bench. Idiocy.

Reds Best Backline:

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Shipperly
12. Harris / FTA/ Taps
13. CFS
14. Davies
15. Turner / Harris

P.S. can someone please amputate Genia's right foot and replace it with a prosthetic?

Yeah someone needs to remind him that feet are for running. It's stunning how he has completely stopped running. Surely if he doesn't regain form someone else will get a crack. Sad really.

T

TOCC

Yep I agree on Toua, highly talented but lacking in the fundamentals, maybe he needs a few more game to find his rhythm but after they might need to start looking elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.