• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Just got my first Reds membership for my daughter. She is possibly the youngest member of the Reds at 7days old.

It is a pretty good deal, a kids jersey and birth certificate and Dad gets discounts to attend games and buy merchandise.

Congrats. I have an 8 day old at home so your girl just beats him. Already a Forever Red member myself and doubt I will be attending many games. Will have a look to see if this pack is worth grabbing.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
You'll find the jersey will be too big for a few months as it's a size 0, but it's worth it!

I got a photo of me in my Reds polo and my 2 month old boy in his much too big Reds jersey before the Brumbies game. Sneaky wife put it on Facebook, didn't realise there's lots of closet Reds supporters in Sydney!

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Have a 21st on this Friday but will be helping promote the uni lounge in coming weeks. Remember if we support it they will come

You'll be by yourself - the Reds are in South Africa for a fortnight's holiday after Friday night's game.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
The hardest thing to reconcile when talking about players is those that ARE provan against those that have potential.to be provans. Suppose it always comes down to money.

Seems that most franchises have some big dogs that take up most of the dollars and then hope to exploit (very loosely said) the younger up and comers in the financial sense. Also seems to me that as a player you need to achieve "big dog" status ASAP

Higgers, Kurtley, Folau AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Benn Robbo Moore, Mowen, Horwill Slipper Simmo Cooper, Genia Gill, hooper Pocock (Goooone) are just some

It's a bit like any work force, be it blue or white collar or professionals - everyone has to start somewhere and be at the bottom of the heap

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Reds A just finished their game, 81-7 over Junior Japan.

Are the games all like this? There's no development here for the players, it's just a (barely) semi-opposed training.

Who are the usual opponents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
So we're 2 line outs in and Schatz has jumped front pod twice, first line out was defensive and a clean steal! Guess I'm onto something ;)

He gets off the ground fast

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

Are the games all like this? There's no development here for the players, it's just a (barely) semi-opposed training.

NSW A have had good strong games against Brumbies & Samoa,got beat by Argies today,with plenty of full contracted players on the field.
It's been great in Sydney.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Reds lost their first game to the 4s. Won v Fiji in a tight one. Japan have been thrashed twice.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Critical weaknesses in the spine of our team showed themselves again last night, perhaps to an even greater degree than the week previous.

Now off to Durban...

mega-shark-plane-attack.gif

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
If our forwards continue to act like the field is a dance floor and shake it around all over the place the sharks will mince us next week

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Also Reds now at 33k members taking a big dump on Broncos and Lions at the moment... two wins in the republic could see that number rumble close to 40

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Crowd against Cheetahs was 8'000 greater then the last time these two teams played at Suncorp in 2011.

What a great Saturday afternoon that was in 2011. The QC (Quade Cooper) in goal kick pass, plenty of tries...

But we scored more points last night than we did back then!

So I was pretty happy with the performance. A few massive brainfarts but recovered from them quickly and 5 points in the bank.

Think Taps & Ant could be riding the pine for most of the season. Turner & Davies probably the first choice wingers for next week too.

Was the "We are Red" guy there last night or is he gone now?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He was there but didn't do it and, to be honest with you, I missed him. Not a lot of atmosphere last night I felt.

Thought Beau was fantastic last night. Id be starting him against the saf teams. Adds some much needed starch. Unfortunately I think that means Gill on the bench.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
For the Sharks we need more starch in our pack.

McDurling, how has he been going? Could he be a genuine six option? I hear he has a hard running game. Was happy with Simmo at 6 vs Italy and maybe he could be rolled out at 6 again with Ed moved into lock. I just don't think we currently have the punch to bend their line ATM.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Crowd against Cheetahs was 8'000 greater then the last time these two teams played at Suncorp in 2011.

That was an afternoon game though, right? From memory the arvo games always pull lacklustre crowds.

First home game of the season, on a Friday night, should have been the recipe for 35,000 plus. What happened?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That was an afternoon game though, right? From memory the arvo games always pull lacklustre crowds.

First home game of the season, on a Friday night, should have been the recipe for 35,000 plus. What happened?

SAF games (other than the bulls usually) generally pull the smaller crowds. Plus our crowds usually build as the season goes on, starting lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.