• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Cheerleaders can be tastefully done, in a way that doesn't offend those concerned about showing that much skin off whilst still being alluring. Women in jersey's are more appealing to me than in a bra, but that's just my opinion.

What they really need to bring back are those who were in the "band/drums" from 2011. They created an awesome atmosphere and kept the stadium buzzing. The kid dancers for me just doesn't do anything other than bursting my ears when they play the music.

Are you kidding me, those drums drove me crazy. They were horrible. What was good was the Glam rock they pumped out. Come on Feel the noise by Quiet Riot I thought got the crowd going better. The drums made everyone shut up.

But the PC world has killed off the Pushup boys. Be great to see some former reds doing it. Would certainly make for a good "where are they now" moment

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think it was the promotion and glorification of drinking excessive amounts of beer.
I can't see any other reason why they don't do it anymore?

I on the other hand sore it as a physical activity and healthy living promotion.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Just to change the tack slightly..

I'd love to see Link in the Top job coaching the Wallabies but at the same time don't want to lose him from the Reds to early. I feel RG needs next year under Link to get the feel of how things work in Redville.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah the drummers were brilliant! Some tastefully done cheerleaders would be sweet. And last but not least, we NEED to bring back the "Push Up Boys". Ahhh whatever happened to them? I know they were more of a Ballymore thing than a Reds or QLD Rugby thing but still.
I want the dog that delivered the kicking tee to come back

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Poor old Bomber passed away some years ago

Plus I heard that some people in the crowd learnt the dog's true name, and took pleasure in calling it and disrupting its world saving tee delivering mission. This led to the dog's premature retirement.

T

TOCC

So after reading the RUPA CBA, there is nothing preventing a union from setting up and running their own Academy, no limit on the number of academy members either..

Little bit difficult to read, not quite sure on the required salary though, might be $35'000 if I read it correctly.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'll put it here casue I can't find the 2012 season one, but who do we think will win the major awards at the Reds Gala tonight?

Pilecki Medal (Players’ Player)
There is no greater honour for a Queensland Reds player than to be judged by his peers as the most valuable member of the team. The prestigious Pilecki Medal, named after legendary Queensland prop Stan Pilecki, is the annual Players’ Player Award given to the player nominated by his teammates as the one representative who made the biggest individual impact on the Super Rugby season.

Votes are cast by all gameday squad members on a 3-2-1 basis at the conclusion of each game (including finals), the eventual winner acknowledged for both his consistency and the level of impact he made throughout the course of the season.

Spirit of the Queensland RedsThe Spirit of the Queensland Reds Award recognises the player who consistently demonstrates the types of behaviours and attributes that are the hallmarks of the Reds team culture both on and off the field. Selected by the coaching and management staff, the winner is the player deemed to have displayed a consistently positive, enthusiastic and humble approach to all aspects of being a member of the Queensland Reds.

2011 Winner: James Horwill

Queensland Reds Most Improved Player
The Most Improved Player is designed to identify the person who has made the greatest improvement as a professional Rugby player. The award is decided by the Queensland Reds coaching staff and takes into account physical, attitudinal and skill improvements, along with their contribution to the fabric of the team both on and off the field.

2011 Winner: Ben Tapuai

Queensland Reds Rookie of the Year
The Rookie of the Year Award is chosen by the Queensland Reds coaching and management team and is awarded to the most outstanding performer from this year’s crop of rising Rugby stars. To be eligible for the honour, the player must have played their first game for Queensland inSuper Rugby during the 2011 season.

2011 Winner: Mike Harris

Queensland Reds People’s Choice Award
The People’s Choice Award is voted by Queensland Reds fans online and is awarded to the player they deem as the Reds most valuable member during the season.

2011 Winner: Quade Cooper

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Pilecki Medal: Scott Higginbotham (only because Genia had a shitty first 6 or so rounds).
Most Improved: Jake Shatz/Liam Gill/Mike Harris/Luke Morahan/Dom Shipperely (Can't really pick one)
Rookie: Chris F'Sautia
Peoples Choice: Will Genia

T

tranquility

Shipperley is the most improved by a mile!

He wasnt in the 22 last year, now he is our best 14 and fully ingrained in the XV pushing for Wobbs colours.
Higgers probably wins the Pilecki.

T

TOCC

Is Shipperly still considered a rookie, he would take that award if he is, otherwise CFS..

Most improved will be a race between Shipperly and Gill

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Some results from the Reds Gala.
Peoples choice - Will Genia
Rookie of the year - Nick Frisby
volunteer of the year - Damien Barker
Spirit of the Reds - A Fainga'a
Most improved - Dom Shipperley
Courtesy of @RugbyReg

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Some results from the Reds Gala.
Peoples choice - Will Genia
Rookie of the year - Nick Frisby
volunteer of the year - Damien Barker
Spirit of the Reds - A Fainga'a
Most improved - Dom Shipperley
Courtesy of @RugbyReg

congratulations to Rugby Reg on recieving the "Courtesy of @" award
Well done

T

TOCC

What was the announcement they were supposed to do?

Was it that art work/statue thing at Suncorp Stadium?

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
So far in the team website we can see the Rooster for 2013
Exit Van Humphries, Guy Shepherdson, Peter Hynes or Sam Lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.