• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I had one of those 'we are red 2011' shirts... To be fair any short you get for free is going to be shit

I think it would be great if the reds were to introduce a heritage jersey round

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's great you get a tshirt with your membership pack, but that's a doozy. A logo shirt with 2013 on it or a "we are red" surely is a better marketing idea than some sort of Internet keyed frowny face.

Enjoy your hat and keyring. :p

Personally, I don't think the shirt is all that bad. The Reds have stuffed a lot of gear into that pack. I might not wear it, but there are plenty of people who will appreciate it.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
It just seems strange, the red branding of slogan and the word "red" alone over the last few years has been great. Why they would push a single player theme and a strange one at that just seems like its over thought at some level. Sell the team, not the individual.

L

Linebacker_41

I had one of those 'we are red 2011' shirts. To be fair any short you get for free is going to be shit

Seriously - another jersey? I think the reds have the most variants out of any team and to be honest I hate the old colour.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I had one of those 'we are red 2011' shirts. To be fair any short you get for free is going to be shit

They did the NAIDOC Jerseys this year which I really liked. Not 100% sure what the heritage jersey round would entail though to be completely honest.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I got boxes of Reds hats and about half my Wardrobe is reds polo's/T-shirts/ jackets and the like. They have always been pretty generous to members and who can forget the merchandise fire sales they did during the bad years.

The members merch stuff is just sposed to be fun, next year 40k people wearing those silly shirts will be a lot of fun, the kids will love it and Quade is their hero. Bring on 2013.

I have to say wearing Bunnies gear to Suncorp on the one night they are here every year is not nearly as much fun as wearing reds tack.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
It just seems strange, the red branding of slogan and the word "red" alone over the last few years has been great. Why they would push a single player theme and a strange one at that just seems like its over thought at some level. Sell the team, not the individual.
I think it has been overlooked that this shirt deal was probably organized as part of his contract. I don't blame them, the bloke is a superstar, ask any child under 12 who their favourite player is and 90% of the time it will be Quade. The whole "ubyou" message is a great one aswell.

T

TOCC

I only have one reds jersey from 2002... I've got a few Wallaby jerseys, thanks to Koogas bargain deals, but never got around to buying a Reds one...

I give the hats and other members crap away to my nephews.. They were sucked into AFL's Auskick program, but I managed to pligh them with gifts of rugby gear and they eventually converted

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
All I ask of the jersey is that they put a collar on it. I wear mine everywhere but often it doesn't meet the dress code which is a bummer.

T

TOCC

All I ask of the jersey is that they put a collar on it. I wear mine everywhere but often it doesn't meet the dress code which is a bummer.
agree, sort of like the traditional jersey alternative the wallabies had for the RWC... Players can wear what they like, but as a fan I want a jersey with a collar

T

tranquility

I only have one reds jersey from 2002. I've got a few Wallaby jerseys, thanks to Koogas bargain deals, but never got around to buying a Reds one.

I give the hats and other members crap away to my nephews.. They were sucked into AFL's Auskick program, but I managed to pligh them with gifts of rugby gear and they eventually converted

Keep doing your bit mate, good stuff.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Speaking of jersey's and the like, I wonder if when the kooga deal expires the reds might move towards a bigger manufacturer like addidas. Addidas love to associate themselves with blue chip teams (All Blacks, France, British Lions, Crusaders, Stormers, Munster etc.), and if the reds continue the upward trend they might fit the bill.
I also hope this doesn't happen. The guys we deal with at Kooga are fantastic and I would recommend them to any club.

W

What2040

I also hope this doesn't happen. The guys we deal with at Kooga are fantastic and I would recommend them to any club.

The great thing about Kooga is that you can speak to the owner quite easily to negiate deals etc etc etc. hard with the big boys like addidas

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
A cotton drill jersey with a collar would be good. I know London Wasps do one and it's pretty popular.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Will we get our hands on MMM? If he is home and looking for a gig, he would be handy squad member if the reports are accurate and he isn't looking for a big pay day. We do have form taking guys back from the japanese scene and turning them into super rugby regulars and occasionally wallaby squad members. Plus with the loss of higgers and Samo's advancing age Schatz and Quirk will have to become the genuine options at 8 so Mcduling and Hugh could be exactly the sorts of players we need to fill that 6 (and sometimes 4) role.

Status
Not open for further replies.