• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Slipper see's himself as a LHP but I am happy to swap him a Holmes around.
McDuling adds an extra lineout option that we need with the loss of Higgers.
I would like to see CFS have some time at 13.
Anae is a LHP but with both THP's starting they are the only other props in the squad.

I am liking the options in the squad with the weakness being a 13 and another Prop.

Didn't Anae fill in at THP once this season?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Great looking squad. Would be nice to fit Harris into the starting lineup somewhere, but it is hard to see where! He got better and better as the season went on.

L

Linebacker_41

I would like to see CFS have some time at 13.

I would like to see CFS injury free. Such a great talent and I would hate to see him down the Toua path. Toua has promised so much but his body cant seem to make the transition to the bigger stage of Super Rugby.

I still think CFS is 18-24months away from moving to 13. His willingness to tackle has not yet developed, once he does get the desire then certainly 13 will be where he excels in the future.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
His willingness to tackle has not yet developed, once he does get the desire then certainly 13 will be where he excels in the future.

His willingness to TACKLE is there, his willingness to DEFEND is far from there. Defending at outside involves so much work that never shows up on a stats sheet; communicating, shutting down the outside pass, passing up on heroic efforts to maintain the defensive line's integrity. That's why Digby will never be a good 13 (no matter, you need good wingers too).

T

TOCC

Wait.... Are we talking about the bloke who came off the bench once and started 2 other games, one of which he was injured in..

Im not entirely sure ive seen enough of him to make a fair assessment yet, obviously a lot of potential though..

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Wait.. Are we talking about the bloke who came off the bench once and started 2 other games, one of which he was injured in..

Im not entirely sure ive seen enough of him to make a fair assessment yet, obviously a lot of potential though..

Plus a few u20 games to have a looksee.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Great looking squad. Would be nice to fit Harris into the starting lineup somewhere, but it is hard to see where! He got better and better as the season went on.
Given the rash of injuries throughout this season, would a rotation policy be useful (to limit stress injuries)? Obviously, it doesn't fit in with consistency of players and combinations - but maybe that would even improve things in the longer term as the players all know their roles no matter what when they are NEEDED because of injury?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I also didn't factor in the fact with a 8 man bench Link will probably want 6 forwards and 2 backs.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think McKenzie see's Slipper as more of a tighthead (which I agree with).
Whilst I do think McDuling has the potential to be a prospect at 6, Quirk will probably get the first crack at it just because he played this year.
Chris F'Sautia is miles ahead of Toua, I think he will be keeping Shipperely on his toes for most of the season.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Albert Anae a loosehead? So I don't think we'll have two looseheads on the bench.
I would have Saia in the starting team over Hanson. I think his tackling allows Gill to be a better threat and as a team they would work well together.

Reactions: gel
L

Linebacker_41

Given the rash of injuries throughout this season, would a rotation policy be useful (to limit stress injuries)?

The injuries themselves worked as a natural process for the rotation of players in 2012.

Personally I am not in favour of rotating players in the starting 15 unless there are medical indications that highlight the need for a break. Combinations and momentum are critical and you never want to give any team the opportunity for an unexpected win.

Not only that but those not selected need to work the backsides off to earn their jersey.

Rotation through the reserves is OK and this is the opportunity to shine and earn your 1-15 jersey.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Ahhh damn thing has grown on me now. I'll wearing it with pride. I be me.

3cf06b4c-f6d2-3ea5.jpg

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Really puts in perspective how big Quade is to an organization.
You don't see anything like this with any players at other clubs, or atleast not to this scale.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Personally i'm not a big fan of the shirts design so probably won't wear it but I think its great the QRU have added a few more wearable pieces of merchandise in this years pack (hat, shirt, scarf) and the scarfs will probably be a hit with the ladies (I had to buy one for my missus and mother in law this year as it was the only pieces of Reds merch I could get them to wear)

S

Snow

I think the shirts are rubbish and I will be giving mine away. I mean, jesus, it's a team sport and they give us some gen-Y crap with Quade's initials plastered all over it and some vague slogan about self love? What a wank. Waste of my membership dollar.

Pleased to get a scarf though....

Status
Not open for further replies.