• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
That's terrible news for Quirky, he was playing himself into some great form at club level and in the exhibition match.

AWH will step up just fine, no worries there.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
has harris signed with reds beyond this year? he was signed on a 2 year deal at the begining of 2011. He finds his self out of the wallabies and he might end up on the bench next year.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
lol it's all he does, asks which Reds players aren't signed..

I suppose when you are a championship team it's natural.

lol it's all he does, asks which Reds players aren't signed..

I suppose when you are a championship team it's natural.

iv asked about 2 players and have had no reponses frisby and harris. the force tried to sign harris 3 years ago but he said no because he was hanging around for a blues contract but didnt get one. This is a 2013 thread just trying to understand who has what when.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
With EPS contracts, are they all one years? If so I think Davis, Anae and Frisby are the only ones worth retaining. I assume Frisby and Anae will also be fulltime contracts next season, so free's up alot of space for development players.

So by my calculations the roster for next year will be something likes this (from those already contracted, those who've signed, and those who've been rumoured to be signed).

1- Ben Daley
2- James Slipper
3- Greg Holmes
4- Rob Simmons
5- Adam Wallace-Harrison
6- James Horwill
7- Dave McDuling
8- Jake Shatz
9- Beau Robinson
10- Ed Quirk
11- Liam Gill
12- Will Genia
13- Frisby (Unsure at the moment)
14- Quade Cooper
15- Jono Lance
16- Saia Fainga'a
17- Albert Anae (Unsure)
18- Anthony Fainga'a
19- Luke Morahan
20- Chris F'Sautia
21- Ben Tapuai (rumoured to have re-signed)
22- Digby Ioane
23- Ben Lucas
24- Aidan Toua

Departing
-Dallan Murphy (France 2nd Division)
- Peter Hynes (Expected to Retire)
- Scott Higginbotham (Melbourne Rebels)
- Van Humphries (Expected to retire)

Have not re-signed as of yet
- James Hanson (Melbourne and Force chasing)
- Guy Shepherdson (rumoured to be replaced by Jeremy Tilse)
- Radike Samo (expected to be released, not sure of current contract position)
- Rod Davies
- Dom Shipperely
- Mike Harris
- UJ Seuteni (EPS)
- Kevin Davis (EPS)

From this list, signing Shipperely and Tapuai are of highest priority you'd expect. Harris and Hanson are the next priority. And then it is expected Samo and Shepherdson will be let go and Rod Davies will be offered a lower priced contract. Davis will probably be kept on an EPS, as will Seuteni. Blake Enever and Curtis Browning are good options for EPS spots.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Peter Hynes was interviewed on Reds TV. Still training hard it seems, did say he was hopeful of a return. Anyone know any more? He's been out for a long time.

W

What2040

IMO Sam Lane was the most important one to be re-signed from Tiger's List (although not mentioned). The kid moves and plays like a quality 10 should. Far and above Lucas, Harris, Lance and anyone else in the squad (other than Quade obviously). Think he has the potential to go to the top.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
"McKenzie revealed the Reds had called young forwards Blake Enever and Jarrad Butler up from the national academy and into their squad to cover for the losses of Horwill and back-rower Ed Quirk (shoulder)."
Taken from a news article about Beale's injury. Two potential replacements for Van Humphries and Higginbotham next year.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Whilst out at Crosby Park yesterday I got word that Enever, Buttler and Sam Lane will have EPS contracts next season. Also if we aren't able to re-sign Davies or Shipperely, Shannon Walker would not be a bad prospect. He was very good in the first 15man game I've seen, on attack and defence, not to mention he is only 23 (looks about 50).

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Whilst out at Crosby Park yesterday I got word that Enever, Buttler and Sam Lane will have EPS contracts next season. Also if we aren't able to re-sign Davies or Shipperely, Shannon Walker would not be a bad prospect. He was very good in the first 15man game I've seen, on attack and defence, not to mention he is only 23 (looks about 50).
I thought that Davies and Shipperley were already signed up for 2013. Maybe an EPS spot for Walker, althought not sure what is happening with UJ Seuteni?

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
IMO Sam Lane was the most important one to be re-signed from Tiger's List (although not mentioned). The kid moves and plays like a quality 10 should. Far and above Lucas, Harris, Lance and anyone else in the squad (other than Quade obviously). Think he has the potential to go to the top.

I really enjoyed his game - but he's seriously underprepared (fitness / strength) for Super Rugby.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Care to elaborate TOCC? He definatly has potential, I was worried he would struggle defensively and in positional play, but he was excellent in all aspects. I would not have any issue with him as an EPS, for the Reds or any other side, the potential is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.