• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

So if a player on the cusp doesn't get a top up they can then tell the club ti stick it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a simple process, a player agrees to terms with a club, he then receives the offer from the ARU, most players will already know whether they are in line for a ARU top-up or not.
If the player is unhappy with the ARU top-up he can then start looking at overseas or alternatively like in the case of Higginbotham, negotiate with a different club which had offered him significantly more to offset the lower offer from the ARU.

A player can agree to terms verbally, or he could sign with the club before receiving the ARU top-up.. But bet your bottom dollar that if a player like QC (Quade Cooper) signs with a club before receiving the ARU top-up, he would have a clause within the QRU contract.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
The Reds will have to lose a midfield back, they are simply stacked. Harris, Taps, Fainga'a, Lance, Sautia. They will need to carefully choose which ones they definitely want to keep or they could lose more than one.

Reckon they are most likely going to lose one of Taps or Harris. And if it is not to the Force, who desperately need a decent 12, then the Force recruiters need the sack.

You're probably right. I think I'mcorrect in thinking that Fainga'a, Lance and Sautia are locked away. If I was Harris or Tapuai I'd be making a decision quickly as the one who stays will remain a part of a continuing sucess story, particularly with Cooper and Genia remaining.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
You're probably right. I think I'mcorrect in thinking that Fainga'a, Lance and Sautia are locked away. If I was Harris or Tapuai I'd be making a decision quickly as the one who stays will remain a part of a continuing sucess story, particularly with Cooper and Genia remaining.

Lance and Sautia are largely unproven at super level, they don't really have any huge bargaining power to say that they should be on huge amounts of cash. Additionally, Lance is a 10/15 who was forced to play 12 through injuries. Sautia is a winger/13 who needs to fill out into his body (he's a huge boy now, but he still has lots of growing to do).

Regarding Taps and Harris situation. I can see the former staying on the east coast for family reason's but Harris on the other hand might be interested in being the Force's 10. Both of these guys don't strike me as money hungry guys and seem to be happy playing with a bunch of talented individuals than losing week in week out for a bit more cash.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Frisby can be developed into a Ben Lucas style utility. Can play 9 and 15 well. We need at least 3 halfbacks in our 35 so he should be signed.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Frisby can be developed into a Ben Lucas style utility. Can play 9 and 15 well. We need at least 3 halfbacks in our 35 so he should be signed.
From what I've seen of him Frisby looks like a very good halfback who is skilled enough to fill other spots when needed. I saw him in a trial game and thought that his pass could be worked on but everything else looked good. Halfback is where he should be developed IMO, and I think he may have committed to the Reds.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Anyone watching UJ at the U20 world cup? With a bit of work on his positioning he could be a real handful at 15. His kicking is probably only second to Gerrard in terms of power and accuracy, maybe Link saw something none of us did. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the Reds' permanent #15 in a year or two.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I was watching some of the juniors today and noticed CSF wearing strapping on his thigh, is it anything to worry about?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Great news! So far the only big player we couldn't re-sign was Higginbotham. Great work to be able to keep Genia, Cooper, Ioane, Fainga'a's and Taps.

All we need now is Shipperely to re-sign

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
And the other big news in that article is the return of the Reds academy. I wonder what the ARU think of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.