• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
He is only over there for 2 days.
Quick trip to the Margaret river hahahahaha

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Re the brad thorn idea.
I was under the impression that brad had another season to play at Sanix wild knights in Japan, and was only loaned to Leinster on a short term contract during the Japanese off season to assist them through their injury crisis in the second row. In typical thorn fashion, he cemented a starting place and was instrumental in the scrum (behind Mike Ross), breakdown and gain line dominance that delivered them the H cup again. However, if this is not the case, there is a great opportunity for some role at the reds, as I believe Brad has maintained through the years he intends to return to Brisbane after his playing days are over, he owns a house here and his family is here. I also hear that brad has considered becoming a strength coach.

Here is what I propose. The Reds put up a moderate base salary and ask him to train with the team in preparation for possible use during the super XV. Meanwhile, Brad enrols in a university degree in human movements. After one season, Brad officially retires and is given some consultancy and corporate job with the QRU that takes care of his employment while he finishes his degree (similar to what peter hynes does currently). in 2015 Brad spends most of his university time doing his practical study in strength and conditioning under Damian Marsh at the Reds (and perhaps some under Dan Baker at the Broncos), while maintaining his other roles (consultancy, corporate management, promotions, player mentoring etc. with QRU). By 2016 Brad is university educated and a qualified strength and conditioning coach. He then merges his corporate work with an assistant strength and conditioning position at the Reds and rises through the ranks to become a widely respected S&C guy with the world of rugby at his feet. Simple.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
You beat me to it good news for the reds Aus rugby so he is committed till the next world cup I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I dont think the PR people at the Reds should be letting him link great signing news with bad behaviour. We dont want great news being ruined.

I am over the moon with the signing, I just hope his knee is going to be 100% and he hasn't resigned long term because it is his last contract of big value

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Still got to get through the ARU part yet so hopefully it won't be Higgers version 2.

So now lets just see if O'Neill produces a low enough offer convince him to join the Rebels, Force or leave all together.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Isn't the way it works you sign with you franchise then the aru so if he doesn't like what the aru offer him than tough he is signed up with the reds. It's not a package deal anymore

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Reds will have to lose a midfield back, they are simply stacked. Harris, Taps, Fainga'a, Lance, Sautia. They will need to carefully choose which ones they definitely want to keep or they could lose more than one.

Reckon they are most likely going to lose one of Taps or Harris. And if it is not to the Force, who desperately need a decent 12, then the Force recruiters need the sack.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The Reds will have to lose a midfield back, they are simply stacked. Harris, Taps, Fainga'a, Lance, Sautia. They will need to carefully choose which ones they definitely want to keep or they could lose more than one.

Reckon they are most likely going to lose one of Taps or Harris. And if it is not to the Force, who desperately need a decent 12, then the Force recruiters need the sack.

They've needed that for some time; recruitment has been the place of the Force's biggest mistakes.

T

TOCC

Isn't the way it works you sign with you franchise then the aru so if he doesn't like what the aru offer him than tough he is signed up with the reds. It's not a package deal anymore

No, its not a case of "tough luck" if a player isn't happy with what the ARU offer them.. Even if a player does sign with a province first they will simply have a clause within the contract stating that its dependant on the ARU top-up.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So if a player on the cusp doesn't get a top up they can then tell the club ti stick it?

Status
Not open for further replies.