• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
St.George Queensland Reds team to play Western Force
1. Greg Holmes
2. Saia Fainga'a
3. James Slipper (vc)
4. Ed O’Donoghue
5. Rob Simmons
6. Eddie Quirk
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz
9. Will Genia (c)
10. Quade Cooper
11. Chris Feauai-Sautia
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Anthony Fainga'a
14. Luke Morahan
15. Jono Lance
16. James Hanson
17. Albert Anae
18. Radike Samo
19. Jarrad Butler
20. Nick Frisby
21. Mike Harris
22. Aidan Toua

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
I can't help thinking that Link has one eye on the Bulls the game after this one against the Force.
That would be a significent game to win.
He will have Ginea back with 1/2 a game behind him, Horwell for 1/2 a game, and barring injuries Saturday night (touch wood), a set of backs keen as mustard to get on with it.
This weekend is a good opportunity to see how well Morahan and CFS play, and at the least have them more match fit if they should come off the bench.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm sure he has but, the force have mostly troubled us and it's only on the rare occasion that we win easily against them. He'll have them up for this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
The coming games are:

Bulls (home) <-- coming off a big loss and will be looking to make amends
Highlanders (away) <-- can just about kiss their season good bye, so will now be playing without any pressure
Bye (home) <-- the way we have been playing this could be a tough one for us and the Byes are due a win
Chiefs (away) <-- ouch
Brumbies (home) <-- more ouch

That's a very tough run of games which surely reds coaching group must be viewing with some level of dread given how the guys are traveling at the moment.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Not ready to share your pessimssim.

Should account for the Bulls and Highlanders. The bye before the Chiefs and Brumbies will be a blessing. Win one of those and the season could really be set up.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
The coming games are:

Highlanders (away) <-- can just about kiss their season good bye, so will now be playing without any pressure
Bye (home) <-- the way we have been playing this could be a tough one for us and the Byes are due a win
Chiefs (away) <-- ouch

That's a very tough run of games which surely reds coaching group must be viewing with some level of dread given how the guys are traveling at the moment.
There is something strange with a large portion of the posters on G&GR. One loss and they think the season is over and then start imploding. This happens almost everytime the Reds lose a game, and even worse when the Waratahs do. Even the Force supporters were saying how they'd struggle to win a game.

It makes reading a lot of the posts frustrating. Teams will lose every now and then, get used to it.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
There is something strange with a large portion of the posters on G&GR. One loss and they think the season is over and then start imploding. This happens almost everytime the Reds lose a game, and even worse when the Waratahs do. Even the Force supporters were saying how they'd struggle to win a game.

It makes reading a lot of the posts frustrating. Teams will lose every now and then, get used to it.
You've been happy with how they have been playing then?

Given Ewen's comments this week, I am not saying anything different to him at all. If you read back through my posts in previous games, I have been saying the same thing for weeks - they are not travelling well and there is something not quite right.

I could say it is frustrating to read posts that are mindless in their devotion to their team and averse to discussing the current and future performance of their team.

Other people will have a different perspective to yours. Get used to it.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not ready to share your pessimism.

Should account for the Bulls and Highlanders. The bye before the Chiefs and Brumbies will be a blessing. Win one of those and the season could really be set up.
Yeah, I would have thought the Bulls and Highlanders were the the easier games out that list. I still think it will be a tough run and the guys will need to be focused a lot more.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
You've been happy with how they have been playing then?

Given Ewen's comments this week, I am not saying anything different to him at all. If you read back through my posts in previous games, I have been saying the same thing for weeks - they are not travelling well and there is something not quite right.

I could say it is frustrating to read posts that are mindless in their devotion to their team and averse to discussing the current and future performance of their team.

Other people will have a different perspective to yours. Get used to it.
No I have not been happy, I think we are playing like horse shit.

And in reference to "discussing the current and future performance of their team", I'm fine with that, but not in the childish manner you just did.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
No I have not been happy, I think we are playing like horse shit.

And in reference to "discussing the current and future performance of their team", I'm fine with that, but not in the childish manner you just did.
How was it childish?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
The coming games are:

Chiefs (away) <-- ouch

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Haha, I think you may be a feeling a little bit precious this morning.

If you believe the highlanders are still in with a shot for this season after the start they have had, then you are indeed an optimist. As you rightly stated before a team will always lose one or two games, but having lost as many as the Highlanders have at the start of the season they cannot afford to lose many more games at all in order to be well placed for the finals.

The bye comment is obviously tongue in cheek - seriously have a coffee or whatever your poison is and lighten up.

The chiefs and brumbies are both going to be tough games. I could have written a lot longer description of the relative merits of both those teams and they would have summarised more neatly as "ouch".

Childish would have been saying something along the lines of mentioning someone fucking things up every two seconds this year. Which I haven't.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
And that overly defensive response furthers my point.

I'm going to leave it there because this arguement is rendering pointless.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The coming games are:

Chiefs (away) <-- ouch

If we are good enough to be contenders we will win the tough games. If we aren't, then we won't, and we don't have to worry about it.

Cooper finding his mojo will be the greatest factor in determining our season.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
If QC (Quade Cooper)'s Mojo is not found, is there a viable plan B for #10?

This seems to be one of the key weaknesses for the Reds.

That and Big Kev's leadership, and Sanchez's general play, pass and speed of execution.

Weaknesses become strengths when they are not present.

ie Reds with a Match fit Sanchez, a Mojoed QC (Quade Cooper) and Big Kev leading the show, are a formidible team.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Don't think dropping QC (Quade Cooper) is the answer. We saw his backup last year and it wasn't bad but those players aren't the answer. Last time people talked about dropping him was at the end of the 2009 season just before he put on 2 years as the best 10 in the comp.

Think he needs a lady friend, anyone know a pretty brunette willing to take one for the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.