• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The term 'assisting police with their inquiries' covers just about anything and certainly doesn't mean he is or isn't a suspect. In fact if you witness a crime they will use exactly the same language. They do it on purpose and reading anything and I mean anything other than the fact he was in the area, is a complete waste of time.
Waiting to pass judgement on someone when all you have to go on is a generic police statement would seem pretty ridiculous.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There really is no reasoning with some people ILTW, couldn't agree more.

Slim insinuated that Digby is a 'suspect' with zero proof and did so in a thread that most Reds fans would be subscribed to, so a less than warm reaction is probably quite likely, but probably expected by him. Attacked is a bit strong a word.

So your moral outrage is probably a little misguided, given that your only input appeared designed to inflame the situation. It's all getting really old.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
There is no reasoning with some people...
Slim makes the point that the very well known phrase means he is being questioned by police.And is attacked by a number of posters about insinuating guilt etc.
And what do you know, the phrase actually means he is being questioned by Police, just as Slim noted.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...n-melbourne-20130310-2fufw.html#ixzz2NATSU8wB.

Do you always get sucked in by the sensational headline of a story & not read further?
Assisting, questioned and however else you want to put it still does not mean he was directly involved nor does it mean he's a suspect. The article would suggest he was just there, with his brother & was a witness to whatever went on.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
You bloody beauty! Hopefully Big Jimmy Horwill isn't too far away either.

There was footage of Kev in the change room on Friday in just runners. So I have a feeling he won't be right for training today, but perhaps next week?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There really is no reasoning with some people ILTW, couldn't agree more.

Slim insinuated that Digby is a 'suspect' with zero proof and did so in a thread that most Reds fans would be subscribed to, so a less than warm reaction is probably quite likely, but probably expected by him. Attacked is a bit strong a word.

No, if I wanted to insinuate that Digby was a suspect I would've mentioned that he hung back in Melbourne with Quade Cooper.........

Guilt by Quade association trumps all other facts and speculation....... ;)

Anyways..........

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
There was footage of Kev in the change room on Friday in just runners. So I have a feeling he won't be right for training today, but perhaps next week?

Geez this rolled ankle must have been a lot more sinister than they originally thought. Would be good to get some info out of Reds headquarters on it.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah I saw that too. It did look like his ankle was still heavily strapped though, but I imagine that will probably be the case for the rest of the season.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Geez this rolled ankle must have been a lot more sinister than they originally thought. Would be good to get some info out of Reds headquarters on it.

I agree with you.
The Reds are not showing transparency with their fans here.
The least they could do is tell us what they do know, even if it is SFA.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I agree with you.
The Reds are not showing transparency with their fans here.
The least they could do is tell us what they do know, even if it is SFA.

Even a minor rolled ankle is always worse when someone weighs 120kg than when they weigh 88kg. The ligaments are the same strength and diameter for both players, but the load going through the joint with each step (even in a boot) is much greater than a smaller player. I'd say it was a fairly minor injury but the loads he has to go through in training and games make healing slower.

The fact that he has to run, push in a scrum and land from a lineout? I understand why they are being conservative.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
From the QRU:

Monday 11 March, 2013
QRU Media Statement: Digby Ioane

Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) will stand down Reds winger Digby Ioane from Saturday night’s Super Rugby match against the Western Force in Brisbane following an incident in Melbourne on Saturday night.

Discussions between QRU and Digby were held on Monday morning and all parties have agreed that Digby failed to demonstrate the necessary behaviours expected of a senior player within the Reds squad.

Digby has taken responsibility for his actions and is cognisant of the high standards and organisational values expected of each member of the Reds squad both on and off the field.

These expectations have also been reinforced to all members in the Reds squad on Monday afternoon.

The decision by QRU to stand down Digby directly relates to the expectation on him as a senior member of the team, and is not an outcome of enquiries made by Victorian Police over the weekend.

Digby will continue to train with the Reds and will be available for selection next week in the team’s round six Super Rugby match against the Bulls at Suncorp Stadium.

ENDS

T

tranquility

Very interesting. You would think Sautia will be a straight swap at blindside winger (and do a pretty similar job), and then either Mozz or Aidan to the bench.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Its a good look for the QRU and I take my hat off to them. I do have to quickly don the skeptic hat though. Diggers would be one of the few backs that hasn't had a 'rest' yet this season and given the early sub of him last week it may have been his week to be rotated out anyway. This way it makes the QRU look strong and proactive, Diggers remorseful for whatever did or didn't happen, and works in well with Link managing his squad this season. [/skeptic mode] :rolleyes:

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Very interesting. You would think Sautia will be a straight swap at blindside winger (and do a pretty similar job), and then either Mozz or Aidan to the bench.

When Digby was subbed off early last week I think it was, CFS replaced him and as you say did much the same job as Digby.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I thought Digby was supposed to be all religious and responsible and whatnot whatnot. Hanging around the wrong people?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Not sure Blue The media were quick to report that Quade was at the same pub but apparently he wasn't anywhere near the 'incident'. It sounds as though the main player was a relative of Digby's.

Status
Not open for further replies.