• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If you want a less disturbing picture of Ben Daley.

frankenstein-tom-carlton.jpg

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I'm happy we won but there's still something missing, hopefully it's just genia, also thought ed quirk played great

Genia, Horwill, Samo, Daley, Fainga'a. Samo will go to the bench but i expect the others to start and CFS will be putting Fainga'a under a lot of pressure in the next year. Reason enough to be optimistic.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Genia, Horwill, Samo, Daley, Fainga'a. Samo will go to the bench but i expect the others to start and CFS will be putting Fainga'a under a lot of pressure in the next year

I would like to see CFS fitted into the team, maybe the wing with Shipperley to FB?

Although I would also like to see Lance given a start. I wonder how long some of these great young players can be retained, if they do not get regular starts?

MungoMan

Ward Prentice (10)
When Ed Quirk was told he would be replacing Scott Higginbotham as the Reds 6, did he assume that meant he had to get the same haircut as well?

I wondered about that when I first saw the new, shaggier version of E. Quirk in Toowoomba.

I have come to accept that his former, more cropped look was merely a point of differentiation from Higgers; un-needed now SH has gorn souf.

MungoMan

Ward Prentice (10)
Just saw Daley on Instagram:

Instagram

Dear God! Kiddies, do not try this at etc...

In any case, I hope Mr Daley hurries back. He may not be a grand scrummager (somewhat of an understatement) but he's a genyooine wild animal at the breakdown. And he carts the ball forward very effectively.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I'm going to assume this was taken this morning at the Wallabies Lions promo! If so Big Kev still in a moon boot? Does anyone know how he's going/when he'll be back?

I thought he was due back Fri v the Canes?

Instagram

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I would say the boot is a precaution. Last year Beau lived in one during the week but played most of the games. Although I would guess that they wouldn't want to risk Big Kev as he is pretty important to the team.

T

tranquility

Ed O is the new Beau.

Lacks a bit of polish and technical nous, but he is tough as teak and gets the job done.
He is going to be crucial for us in the tight 5 until we get some body's back.

Another example of very astute management from Link.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Clearly a lot more going on with Kev than the "rolled ankle" that put him in doubt for round 1.

Line ball round 1. Then ruled out round 2, but was going to run water. Ruled that out and now out of round 3.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Clearly a lot more going on with Kev than the "rolled ankle" that put him in doubt for round 1.

Line ball round 1. Then ruled out round 2, but was going to run water. Ruled that out and now out of round 3.

Is that confirmed that he's out for Fridays game?

It does look a bit worse than expected! Hopefully it heals properly before he starts in again!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Some great news for the Reds and Wallabies in the Courier Mail this morning! Genia back to full training and may be fit to play in two weeks!

The sight Australian rugby has been waiting for unfolded yesterday at rain-drenched Ballymore, where the champion halfback returned to full training.
<snip>
Forecasts that he would miss four more games have been trimmed to two - and the little ball of muscle is delighted all the work he has poured in his rehabilitation is paying off.

Full article here. http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-two-weeks-early/story-fnbzn566-1226585442936

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I see Kev's out of Friday's game! I wonder how bad it really is.

Would prefer to know when he'll be back - like Willy G above - not week to week stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.