• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah unless you watch him specifically you don't notice what he does. Someone has to get in the rucks and mauls. I do agree that he needs to develop a good ball carry. If he can bend the line and get quick ball back it will allow the backs to get on the front foot. He was a great complement to Higgers and Samo as he allowed them to play wider and do more with the ball in hand.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Ben McCalman
Mowen, Brown, Hodgson, McCalman, Shatz, Dennis.

Not all to the same degree, but that description fits all of them. Hence why we have such a shortage of good international 6's and 8's. Right now only Higginbotham, Samo and Palu have that destructive ball running aspect of their game. Dennis & McCalman have it, but rarley show it.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Mowen, Brown, Hodgson, McCalman, Shatz, Dennis.

Not all to the same degree, but that description fits all of them. Hence why we have such a shortage of good international 6's and 8's. Right now only Higginbotham, Samo and Palu have that destructive ball running aspect of their game. Dennis & McCalman have it, but rarley show it.

i think their running game is better than average but i would never say destructive.

I think if his form continues Kimlin would have to be right up there for wallabies selection but only under the condition that he never attempts a grubber again.

I also though angus cottrell was very impressive on friday night, its a pity that he wil now be relgated to the bench in lieu of Hodgson but i think he is definitely one for the future

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
Is the word out yet on whether Ant Finga will play? Read somewhere the Reds are going to unleash CFS this weekend. Have to be at 13 and probably only if Ant is out,

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Supposed to have been cleared to play. CFS would have to be on Shipperleys wing if he were to be 'unleashed'. Not sure that will happen but if the Reds can't get space out wide again it could be a good substitution. Shipperley is a great finisher but needs to start getting off his wing.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Supposed to have been cleared to play. CFS would have to be on Shipperleys wing if he were to be 'unleashed'. Not sure that will happen but if the Reds can't get space out wide again it could be a good substitution. Shipperley is a great finisher but needs to start getting off his wing.

Possibly the same for CFS.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Pretty excited to see CFS starting at 13. Still not sure why Hanson isn't starting?
Holmes, S.Fainga'a, Slipper, Simmons, O’Donoghue, Quirk, Gill, Schatz, Lucas, Cooper, Ioane, Tapuai, Feauai-Sautia, Shipperley, Harris. Reserves: Hanson, Anae, Wallace-Harrison, Butler, Frisby, Lance, Morahan

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Still not sure why Hanson isn't starting?

He should turn up to training on Monday dressed like this:

21364.gif

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
An interesting line up. Is CFS a centre from schoolboys, or is link trying to get as much pace on the park as possible? With rain predicted we may see a lot of long kicking and fast chasing to pressure the ball return.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
An interesting line up. Is CFS a centre from schoolboys, or is link trying to get as much pace on the park as possible? With rain predicted we may see a lot of long kicking and fast chasing to pressure the ball return.

Yes.

He also played 13 for the U20 RWC team. It definitely looks like his ultimate position to me.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Pretty excited to see CFS starting at 13.

Can't say that I am. Not having a go at CFS at all but after it was announced that Ant Fainga'a was fit earlier in the week I got a whole lot more relaxed about this weekend. Now, not so much. Chris may do a sterling job, but it's an unknown.

Comparing the two teams on paper is not a good exercise for a Reds fan.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Take your point Scoey. Ant Fainga'a would be first choice no doubt but CFS has got heaps of talent too and will play a role this year.

I feel uneasy about this match but thats really due to last weeks disappointment rather than what the team are capable of. Thankfully, the game won't be played on paper :)

T

tranquility

I am just so happy that CFS is ready to player super rugby as a 13 when he is only 19. It is the position that we are desperately short in, and if he can fill the void as a backup or starter - then we are getting into good areas.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Does anyone know anything about the injuries?
When is kev scheduled back? When is Beau Robinson scheduled back? When is Genia scheduled back?
assuming ant's back for the next game?

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
When is kev scheduled back? When is Beau Robinson scheduled back? When is Genia scheduled back?

Don't know about Beau, but Big Kev is back next week (if it had been a final this week he probably would have played), and Sanchez is due back in Round 5 or 6.
But don't expect too much from these players when they first come back - it'll probably be off the bench for the last 20 minutes.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)

Just saw Daley on Instagram:

Due to popular demand- fixed up scalp after gym accident. Box slipped out from under me doing weighted calf raises. 35 staples later! #gymfail#liftingtooheavy#fooooty

Instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.