• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm trying this new thing called 'budgeting', it's been horrible for my social life
I feel your pain
let-me-see.jpg

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm looking forward to seeing how our front row performs this year. I'm quietly confident that we could be one of the big improvers at scrum time. The front row of Holmes/Hansen/Slipper looks to me to be quality. those three guys all look to be coming into their own.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Seriously can we just start the god damn comp already.

I imagine purgatory is much like that period of the year after Christmas holidays but before the start of the rugby season.

To me that front row just osunds effective. Think of the amoutn of work each of those lads do individually. now consider them all on the field at the sametime..........i officially have rugby wood

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Seriously can we just start the god damn comp already.

I imagine purgatory is much like that period of the year after Christmas holidays but before the start of the rugby season.
And can we start the club and schools comps too?
So what if its beach weather.
And as to your front row, I can't see it happening or only sporadically. I rate Daley and Link rates Finger.

T

TOCC

It's Saia Fainga'a's last year of his contract, in the long term I feel Hanson is the better prospect.... Whilst I don't want Saia to leave, I think it's likely he will entertain a bigger money offer offshore.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Anyone else get the wrong size shirt with their Reds supporters gear? I'm sure I said large as I was tossing up between medium or large, and they sent me XL instead. Not that I really intended to wear it anyway. Unless I get very fat it will probably become a very baggy PJs shirt for the wife.

TOCC; Reds membership is just $65 plus CC fee! Budget it in, and remove something less important from your budget, like food.

T

tranquility

which is unfortunate, i almost wish that Hanson would go to the rebels so that he could be a definate starter as i feel he is good enough and deserves that

Why? Any top Super team needs atleast 2 good hookers..

The Rebels have two very good hookers, and a third that has apparently been dominating training. The Reds have two hookers and two part-timers. Their are two hookers in a 22.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
To me that front row just osunds effective. Think of the amoutn of work each of those lads do individually. now consider them all on the field at the sametime....i officially have rugby wood

We all saw how tight the Reds kept it in the Blues trial and how effective that was throughout the match. I think with this front row and with a healthy Horwill and AWH plus the backrowers we have the Reds could have an absolutely formidable pack this year. I even feel weird saying that.

T

TOCC

Ed Quirk reportedly played the house down, I'm genuinely excited about what he could bring in 2013

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Anyone else get the wrong size shirt with their Reds supporters gear? I'm sure I said large as I was tossing up between medium or large, and they sent me XL instead. Not that I really intended to wear it anyway. Unless I get very fat it will probably become a very baggy PJs shirt for the wife.

TOCC; Reds membership is just $65 plus CC fee! Budget it in, and remove something less important from your budget, like food.

If you don't mid me asking, when did yours arrive?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
If you don't mid me asking, when did yours arrive?

Mine came on Thursday, picked it up from the post office on Friday. I am in Sydney.

I suspect that they are going through their massive member list slowly. Spoke to my dad in Brisbane on Friday and he hadn't received his yet.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Why? Any top Super team needs atleast 2 good hookers..

The Rebels have two very good hookers, and a third that has apparently been dominating training. The Reds have two hookers and two part-timers. Their are two hookers in a 22.

More because I believe he is genuinely better than the hookers on the rebels books, and probably a better wallabies third choice than saia. But for whatever reason link likes saia.

And in any case I said almost wish he played for the rebels but I would rather he play for us than against

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
More because I believe he is genuinely better than the hookers on the rebels books, and probably a better wallabies third choice than saia. But for whatever reason link likes saia.

And in any case I said almost wish he played for the rebels but I would rather he play for us than against
I think Saia brings more to the team as opposed to being a better player than other hookers. Champion teams beat champion individuals and I think both Faingaas give the Reds a better team when they both play. Maybe Link thinks this too?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So with the season proper getting under way this week shall we have a go at a likely team.

1. Holmes
2. Saia
3. Slipper
4. AWH
5. Kev
6. Schatz
7. Gill
8. Samo
9. Lucas
10. Cooper
11. Digby
12. Taps
13. Ant
14. Shipperly
15. Harris

16. Hanson
17. Daley
18. Simmons
19. Quirk
20. Frisby
21. Lance
22. Morahan

I've gone for a 4:3 split on the bench mainly because Beau is out injured and the other guys are too similar. If Beau was in it would be a 5:2 split.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
^ I like that team. I'd maybe switch Saia with Hansen but it make little difference really as they'll both play at least 30 mins.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
That's the team I'd have as well Jets, except for Chibba starting over Fainga'a.

I think Samo is injured (nothing major) but probably won't be fit for this week. If so Quirk to 6, Shatz to 8, Browning or Ah Wong to the bench.
If this is the case, it may even warrant a 5:2 split with both the aformentioned players in and Lance missing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.