• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels V Lions, Round 5, Friday 20 March @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
English has to go. Inman and Ellison are doing their jobs, albeit without much zap. Stirzaker was excellent tonight.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
What happened to the Rebels? :confused:

13 nil rebels. Beer is shit.
a7e1756d842c3d3921acaf7e177454db.jpg

Buddy, you should clean your nails :p

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Great battle between the Scrum Halves. De Klerk and Stirzacker pound for pound would be two of the gutsiest players in the comp.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Great battle between the Scrum Halves. De Klerk and Stirzacker pound for pound would be two of the gutsiest players in the comp.

I really like the ginger, if the exodus continues with Genia and others scrum-halves, he could play for the Wobs

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Sickening loss, and I haven't even watched yet. Is this going to be exactly like last year? Promising start followed by capitulation after capitulation? Close losses that show how we're almost there?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Both yellow cards were bullshit; inconsistent approach to interference with tacklers; scrums penalised at random.

On the upside Higgers is playing really well.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Not at all impressed with Stirzaker tonight. Too many times on turnover ball he ran without support and at least mostly he then got turned over in return. Not good enough decision making imo. De Klerk is showing good form. Thought he was motm.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Higgers, Inman and Sefa are the only stand outs tonight.

• Stirzaker, trying to run it all to often, this is not the NRC anymore and every time he runs it's taken him way to long to get back into the play.
  • Leafa, FFS learn to throw, don't understand how he has played so many minutes this season
  • Forwards, don't receive the ball if you don't have anyone with you, this would not happen in club rugby let alone this level. Wait till there is at least one player with you before the scrum half makes the pass (Yes Stirzaker needs to make sure they have support to)
  • Mix it up, that was the most boring one dimensional rugby I think the Rebels have ever played. Was getting a lot of possession with out making any territory.
  • Higgers needs to talk to the ref more, when he first became captain he was really good at working the ref. Tonight he didn't really talk to him at all when there was a few times he needed to be in his ear.
  • Rebels need to be flatter in attack
  • Lions winger should have been yellow carded late in the first half for a clean shoulder charge on Placid
  • Scrum was a joke, poorly reffed.
  • Not sure if we where at a swimming pool with all the diving off the feet from both sides, the Refs need to decide how they are going to go about the breakdown at the moment. Seems they are all over the place for consistency.
Sick of loosing at home, this is a bloody joke. Tonight the Rebels blew the best chance to gain some new fans with the gold coin donation tickets, all they needed was to entertain and failed.

M

Moono75

Hmmmm......that game was like chatting up a hot chick at the bar only to have her brother pick her up and go for coffee and churros......disapointing!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I thought Stirzaker was quite good. Keeping them honest in close looking for gaps. Burgess came on in the 73rd minute, threw a 50/50 ball which the lions then scored a try from. He's operating on reputation now, I'd be keeping Stirzaker on for 80.

English must surely be on his way out of the 23 and eventually the squad. I've never rated him. He's a dumb footballer.

And why is Leafa playing 80? I see the reserve hooker was a debutant, but Leafa becomes ponderous after 65mins. Where is Ben Whitaker at? He's an able reserve and was pushing Charles for the starting gig while at the Force.

Overall, painful to watch in that it reminds me of the Force so much. Take less fancied opposition too lightly and fail to bury teams when the momentum is going your way.

Reactions: Tex
Status
Not open for further replies.