• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels V Lions, Round 5, Friday 20 March @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
The ref seems intent on letting the lions have a go. The rebels have been dominant but the lions have had the rub of the green thus far.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
13-3 and the half time hooter has gone but they're still gonna pack a scrum 8m away from the rebels defensive ingoal. rebels feed. short arm and they'll kick it out. the scrums were a mess.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Scrums and inability to finish off great attacking opportunities are very frustrating.

Otherwise I can't complain at all about that half. Great, positive, attacking Rugby played. 4 missed points by Harris may bite us on the bum, but otherwise he's been magnificent.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Not enough points on the board, turnover becomes a try underneath the sticks for the Lions. 13-10, 44 gone, need to get back into the swing and quickly.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well, I'm feeling lucky I didnt back any moolah on this game.

Lions have done a good job to get to 20-16 with 1min to go.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
The lions were lucky to win. I really thought the rebels should have had that try awarded earlier on when Stirzaker was ruled to have knocked on. Don't want to rubbish the ref because their weren't any shockers but it really felt like the rebels got none of the 50/50 calls.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Game of 2 halves.

Rebels didn't capitalise on the opening half when they had the 1 man advantage. They did score 10 points in that period but should have had more.

Could be easy to say that Harris' poor kicking lost that for them but hats off to the Lions as they managed to find breaks in the Rebels line after making a heap of tackles.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
7 points left on the field in kicks alone. Another who knows how many in botched opportunities.

Nice to see them play a good style, but a bitterly disapointing result. Need to fix up a few things, Mikey was good at 10, but think Debs should come back if fit. Engo needs to be benched or dropped, Sefa has shown enough in his cameos to deserve a start, Kingston playing in the shield this weekend gives him a chance to press his case.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The lions were lucky to win. I really thought the rebels should have had that try awarded earlier on when Stirzaker was ruled to have knocked on. Don't want to rubbish the ref because their weren't any shockers but it really felt like the rebels got none of the 50/50 calls.
Interesting because I think the Lions managed to win even though a slew of calls went against them. The worst was when the Lions scrummie was ruled to have knocked it on when in fact a Rebels player slapped it down. Even the commentators went mental.

They stuck to their guns and took the small chances that came their way. Luck? Nah. Good defense and not giving up. The Lions very smartly adjusted their defense and the Rebels played behind the advantage line. Very impressed with Whiteley. Absolute warrior.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Interesting because I think the Lions managed to win even though a slew of calls went against them. The worst was when the Lions scrummie was ruled to have knocked it on when in fact a Rebels player slapped it down. Even the commentators went mental.

They stuck to their guns and took the small chances that came their way. Luck? Nah. Good defense and not giving up. The Lions very smartly adjusted their defense and the Rebels played behind the advantage line. Very impressed with Whiteley. Absolute warrior.

Fair enough. The Lions played well enough to win and their defense at times was good.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Really frustrating second half as a rebels supporter. Loins came out fin the second half full of life, tackled hard and kept a good line in defence. Our forwards seemed flat and were slow to align. With Timani off we did not seem to have anybody running hard at the line.

Better in a he last 10 when we woke up but who was that who came out of the line to create a gap for their last try. I could see it comming almost two phases back.

I hope we can shake that one off as I felt we only played about 25 min of Intense rugby on that one and should have flogged them.

Credit to the way the lions tackled in that second half l. Attacked the ball and real bite.

Did Harris have something wrong with his leg or was he still trying to hit the cross bar after crumbs did it on Rugby club. None of his kicks looked solid and it was thedifference at the end.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
the reality is the Rebels are not as good as everyone seems to think.
better than last year but still off the pace by some margin.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What has Bryce Hegarty done wrong? I thought he showed promise last year. Inman has to go.

Where's the Tom English from last year too.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Last try benefited from some interference. Fuck. So disappointed.

On another note how good is Lopeti to watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.