• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2023

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I hadn't noticed them doing single team stuff, was only aware of competition level sponsorship or more national partnerships like with CA. They're just about the best in the business for the way they do sports sponsorship marketing in my opinion.

If you use my posts as work product you're legally required to provide me free chicken.

cricket, collingwood, west tigers, the panthers, hawthorn, port adel now the dragons, richmond & us

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I dunno man. Sounds like a bit of bullshit to me.

Not saying we don't also do it with Fijian players. That is also, ultimately, a load of bullshit that devalues the game. But seeing fluffybunnys like Dempsey and Duhan run out for Scroteland makes me think less of test rugby period.

Ouch. Very high quality barbs. To be fair, you can't expect too much from a nation that thought being "the lucky country" was something to be proud of.

Cynical recruitment of players of tier 1 nations bar the Argies, and wealthy nations below that is a thing, and you can be as unhappy about it as you want to be. I'm still not completely happy with them long term: there should be caps limit for swapping between tier 1 nations, of no more than 5-10, and residency needs further overhaul: in particular some way to acknowledge the influence of school scholarships in the teenage years, and the implementation of a good idea from Football and have U20 capped players be able to continue to represent countries on the basis of heritage, but be unable to gain new international eligibilities through residency.

But McConnochie aside, I'm genuinely happy with the current balance, without any semblance of emotional compromise on my part. That wasn't always the case for past squad selections, despite my own personal views on identity and nationhood remaining largely unchanged.

And of course, seeing a born, bred and developed Aberdonian become the Socceroos best player and break the Australian transfer record is just an amusing little tidbit to think about too.

Regardless, this is the Rebels thread and we got way off topic in the first place: the point of my original post was to make fun of who queenslanders consider queenslanders.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Let's not forget Greg Chappell, Jeff Thomson AND Ray Lindwall.

I flew over Queensland once, does that make me a Cane Toad?
Chris Latham & Harry Wilson too.

Of course, it should be noted they all embraced us first. Inglis, Border and Latham in particular couldn’t denounce their NSW past quick enough.

We don’t seem so keen to claim Victorian’s though. I suspect that may be because they keep expecting us to understand AFL.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

"The new partnership will also broaden Kinetic’s community connections, particularly within the Pasifika community which accounts for around 65 per cent of rugby union participants in Victoria."

That's at least 30% less than i assumed

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)

"The new partnership will also broaden Kinetic’s community connections, particularly within the Pasifika community which accounts for around 65 per cent of rugby union participants in Victoria."

That's at least 30% less than i assumed
Probably 10% from the UK, 10% non Pasifika kiwis, 10% South African’s and 5% Aussies

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Looking forward to the super round but fuck me, the Ticketek systems are absolutely shambolic.

You can't book more than four tickets per transaction, so me trying to get five seats together is nigh on impossible. Redeem the two memberships and buy a third seat. Go to do a second transaction and just book the empty seats next to the three I just purchased, only for Ticketek to show that the whole block of seats is unavailable.

I spoke to the membership support at Rebels HQ and got a shrug. Apparently Rebels know about the mess but Ticketek are unresponsive.

Honestly it would be a lot cooler if we took our business away from the shitty duopoly of Ticketmaster/Ticketek. There's not enough competition in the sector and it allows their gouging on booking fees and generally shit service and user experience to fester away in perpetuity.

On any other game it wouldn't matter as I've only ever seen sell outs at AAMI for the first game, the Lions tour game and the Wallabies France game. But the three Kiwi teams and the Rebels in one night might push some good numbers through the gates.

Fuck you Ticketek.