• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2023

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Folks always say what benefits them the most. I've got no problem with Sione playing things up if he feels he needs to justify himself: certainly looking at the vision during the anthem at Murrayfield there was more than enough passion to feel happy with that.

Mosese is obviously still 3 years younger than Sione was when he made that decision and unlike his big bro, who had to deal with the bloated 18/19 Rebels squad, he's got the inside run at a Super Rugby starting spot.

Regardless, it all rolls off the back for me now. Unlike 2-8 years ago, where a lot of fairly average players on 3 year residency or some granny they didn't really know or care about were playing for us, the "foreigners" left are a really solid group of individuals who have good reason to want to play for us and, Duhan aside, complement a genuine Scottish core rather than being the big strength of the side or a crutch to lean on due to lack of depth.

(I am indeed deliberately ignoring McConnochie whom I disagree with calling up and can only justify from a combination of many injuries, McGuigans swap to Namibia and Rufus McLean being a despicable human being, and Healey who I am fairly happy to have around while Hastings & Thomson are unavailable, but still see as competing for 3rd string with the BK)
I dunno man. Sounds like a bit of bullshit to me.

Not saying we don't also do it with Fijian players. That is also, ultimately, a load of bullshit that devalues the game. But seeing fluffybunnys like Dempsey and Duhan run out for Scroteland makes me think less of test rugby period.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Fuck that's pretty cool for Pati, hopefully means we might actually see him this season, he says he's targeting a May return. Heaps of time for a Wallabies run. Really great opportunity for him to stick around for a full RWC cycle and become a Rebels great. We haven't had many consistent captains for a while now and surely no home grown ones?

Admittedly he's not my first pick, he's rather quirky and often the class clown but he's quite clever & switched on. Good luck to him.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah, that is what I said (once I edited it!).
forgiven and you can blame spellcheck (perhaps). i can see the sentiment behind the appointment and the dealings ive had with him suggest he's a good bloke but i haven't seen anything on field to say he will make a good captain. he may well be a "follow me into the breach" inspirational type, but rugby captains require a lot more imo. he doesn't seem to be a big talker, i have no idea how tactically aware he is, but rugby captains require a lot of "rugby smarts". i am still burned by Colemans complete lack of tactical nous and game management a few years ago. edit hadnt seen Dctargets post - he's quite clever & switched on

MelbourneRebels

Herbert Moran (7)
Rob Leota men’s captain for 2023. Brad Wilkin will captain until Rob’s return. Ash Marsters captain of Super W.
:cool:
REBELS_SEASONLAUNCH_23_288_1.jpg

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Oh shit, are the rebels actually good?

Would honestly have said this was way out of their league, even as a minor jersey sponsor.

KFC are sponsoring everyone across every sport atm,

The amount of times Trev Hosea posts on his insta getting Banh Mi at that viet bakery on swan st i'm surprised we dont have "aus-viet bakery" plastered across out shirts or shorts

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
KFC are sponsoring everyone across every sport atm,

The amount of times Trev Hosea posts on his insta getting Banh Mi at that viet bakery on swan st i'm surprised we dont have "aus-viet bakery" plastered across out shirts or shorts
I hadn't noticed them doing single team stuff, was only aware of competition level sponsorship or more national partnerships like with CA. They're just about the best in the business for the way they do sports sponsorship marketing in my opinion.

Taking this quote to the boss
If you use my posts as work product you're legally required to provide me free chicken.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
is it Swan St or Bridge Rd ? the one in Bridge Rd, ca com, do the best bahn mi, albeit not the cheapset

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I hadn't noticed them doing single team stuff, was only aware of competition level sponsorship or more national partnerships like with CA. They're just about the best in the business for the way they do sports sponsorship marketing in my opinion.

If you use my posts as work product you're legally required to provide me free chicken.
They are a minor jumper sponsor of Collingwood, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide and Penrith. Now the Rebels so they sponsor a few.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
As a Victorian boy, who grew up playing rugby here so bloody proud to see a local captain the Rebels. Every dealing I have ever had with him he comes across as a great person.
having seen the photo, he definitely needs a better haircut, all long or all short i dont mind, but the hybrid job looks terrible.