• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2022

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rebels played their best game last night of season so far so for me some sparks of positivity . I think they would win games against MP (Moana Pasifika) and could win another odd game as an upset if they keep improving like they did last night
I did forget about MP (Moana Pasifika) in Melbourne as well

Bobby D

Frank Row (1)
Some good signs for the Rebels. They could have easily won the game last night. Things that let them down were; basic errors at crucial times, 2 botched penalties - crooked throw & kicking it dead, when they had momentum & probably would have scored - & missed penalties. Worse was the defence from the starting forwards, with the exception of Canham who was excellent, and maybe Phillip. Ioane - 3 tackles & 2 missed tackles, Hardwick 2 & 2, Eloff 3, Wells 6&1, Orr 6&2 (think this is generous - i only counted 2 missed) ((Stats from super Rugby Match Centre)). Player comments: Orr - I think we have got to give someone else a shot. Ulese - definately needs a rest. Eloff - Good. Canham - excellent, Philip - good. Wells - position should be under pressure - but won't be as he is captain. Hardwick - has been solid in attack, poor in defence. Ioane - terrible game -lack of fitness has him out of position most times - especially in defence. Powell - lots of missed tackles - needs to be a bit faster passing. To'omua - good apart from missed conversions - still best option at 10 NSW. Kellaway - good, still needs to step up. ; Nu'u - Good, Vahu - excellent. Hodge - much better. Young - good.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I saw green shoots but the bigger problem (for most if not all 0z sides) is the kiwi games are looming
i've seen green shoots, even nascent flowering, every year since their inception, only to see the hope wither and die. the thing that gets me is that the problems are the same each time, they never seem to learn the lessons. thats the immense frustration

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
i've seen green shoots, even nascent flowering, every year since their inception, only to see the hope wither and die. the thing that gets me is that the problems are the same each time, they never seem to learn the lessons. thats the immense frustration
I hear you - easier to be optimistic as an outsider.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Both locks played 80 min, that's really not sustainable for too long.

Agree Canham has been doing really well for a rookie without any NRC prior.
That’s true but when we can start two of Hosea, Canham and Phillip and bench the other it will be an area of strength for mine

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Melbourne Rebels Injury List:

Trevor Hosea – Foot (Round 12– 13)

Pone Fa’amausili – Calf (Round 11- 12)

Rob Leota – Hamstring (Round 10-11)

Josh Kemeny – ACL (TBC)

Josh Canham – Concussion (Round 8)

Tamati Ioane – Concussion (Round 8)

Ross Haylett-Petty- Concussion (Round 8)

Lachie Anderson – Groin (TBC)

Joe Pincus – Groin (TBC)

Jeral Skelton – ACL (Round 8)

Thalium

Fred Wood (13)
All are out for such a long time. Who handle s recovery at the Rebels Dr. Nick?

ECACE2D9-7A50-40DE-828A-3F0EFEE2C413.jpeg

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
So I received a email this morning that I have won the signed jersey and bucket hat, I wish my luck with the lotto was as good as with the Rebels. This is my 2nd signed jersey, and I also won a corporate box for a match.
Well done mate, better than a kick in the balls!

I expect you'll be sending out invitations to the local GAGR crew for the corporate box...?