• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Just watched his highlights. Got a bit of Aaron Cruden about him, a lot to like in there. That said, if he tries selling candy like that against the big boys someone's going to put him on a stretcher.

How big is he? Looks solid enough, but it's always hard to tell with schoolboys.
Pretty sure TT has a strict "no candy selling" policy.

He does look good in the highlights reel - nice step from either side

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
so despite all the injuries to the Gen Blue 10's he was still not considered for their U20's this year ? is that right. so not in the frame for Oz 20's at 10 presently. a work in progress then and a few years off ? although 'if you're good enough you're old enough"
McGregor and Clancy were the 2 #10's that NSW lost to acl injury and then they lost O'Shea to hamstring injury, so he was definitely in the frame for 20's representation, but injury ruled him and the others out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I've not seen a DOB. Is he in his U19 year currently? I assume so, but much like you can get blokes like Sione being a January birth (and having 3 U20 years after High School) you can occasionally get blokes with only 1.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
McGregor and Clancy were the 2 #10's that NSW lost to acl injury and then they lost O'Shea to hamstring injury, so he was definitely in the frame for 20's representation, but injury ruled him and the others out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah was unaware of the injury. my original post was to dampen the hype a little.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Update on tickets for the Wobs v Poms test.

Dear Ticket Holder

This is a courtesy email to update you on the ticket delivery schedule for the 2016 Wallabies Test Series against England.

Tickets for all matches are yet to be dispatched. Please see below date guidelines as to when tickets will be released.

Mobile Ticket & ezyTicket (PRINT-AT-HOME): sending from Friday 13th May (you will have them by Monday the 16th May)
Regular Mail: commence printing from Friday 13th May, allowing 15 days for delivery. We expect you to have them by Monday 6th June
Venue/Pre-Paid Collection Outlet: will be available for collection from 12pm Wednesday 18th May

Please ensure that your details are up to date by logging into your MyTicketek account here.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
An astute move. Would love to see what this can do for our attack, even in the latter half of the season. If our conversion rate increases, that will be a big bonus.

For those tightarses who suffer from the paywall, here's a snip:

Former Wallabies, Waratahs and Queensland centre Morgan Turinui has joined the Melbourne Rebels as a consultant attack coach, starting immediately.
Turinui, who played 20 Tests for Australia, the last of them at Cardiff in the 22-24 loss to Wales that ended his and Eddie Jones’ careers with the Wallabies, has taken to coaching since ending his playing career with Stade Francais. His work with the Rebels is initially on a temporary basis but could turn into a permanent post.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
An astute move. Would love to see what this can do for our attack, even in the latter half of the season. If our conversion rate increases, that will be a big bonus.

For those tightarses who suffer from the paywall, here's a snip:
I'm one of those tightarses so, thanks.

That is something worth getting pumped about :)

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
The workaround is to copy and Paste the title into Google, as google news Archive won't show it unless they have full access to it or something like that.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Wonder if we're genuinely looking for another centre or just putting out offers to as many quality players as possible. If it's the first one, Jim Stewart hasn't been getting a look in at the Tahs, think he and Hodge would gel quite successfully as a long term center pairing.

Edit: Sione is my first choice for sure, but if all 3 became so good, Hodge gets to play fullback instead.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I don't think it's just any centre. He's clearly after size. Dominate the collisions, dominate the gainline, dominate possession. It's all very Gatland.

Status
Not open for further replies.