• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
The ARU are partially bankrolling this offer, so I do t think money will be a problem for him to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
"Melbourne has been hit hard by injury this season, although the likes of Tamati Ellison, Tom English, Mike Harris, Steve Cummins and Mitch Inman are all in the frame to return and some as early as this week."

From here.

So this may confirm my earlier mail that Lopeti is going to be out for a while longer?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Getting Harris back while Inman is still injured could be a blessing.
9) Stirzaker
10) JD
11) Sefa
12) Ellison
13) Hodge
14) English
15) Harris

or

9) Stir
10) JD
11) Sefa
12) Harris
13) Ellison
14) English
15) Hodge

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Just saw this. Like the move a lot. Always compete, keep adding competition at every position on the roster. Be interesting to hear what NSW types are saying about it.

We've got Andrew Deegan who was the 10 for the two years before McGregor.

Can really only work on developing one of them with the size of the squad.

Who knows who will ultimately end up being the better footballer but we've got one of them on the books (and presumably the one who will be ready for pro rugby sooner due to being a bit older).

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)

Who knows who will ultimately end up being the better footballer but we've got one of them on the books (and presumably the one who will be ready for pro rugby sooner due to being a bit older).
Oh, for sure. There's only so many players you can stash at any given time - especially with Foley/Beale/Horwitz on the books.

Just wondering what the word on McGregor is, what sort of player he is, how far away he is etc etc

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Neat little step he's got there. Hopefully the culture I keep reading about is solid and the club and senior players can mentor the young bloke in his move to a new city.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
so despite all the injuries to the Gen Blue 10's he was still not considered for their U20's this year ? is that right. so not in the frame for Oz 20's at 10 presently. a work in progress then and a few years off ? although 'if you're good enough you're old enough"

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Yeah we (NSW) lost Hodge who was the Aus 10 for 2 years - and is now playing Soup - good on him. I'd have Hodge over Deegan.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
The contracts offered to each of them were totally like for like... o_O

Not sure - hard when i have only 1 eye, but I reckon NSW have missed a truck load of good players for reasons I can only ask myself.
The NSW Props is another example.
I'm just lucky I can also cheer on the Melbourne Marlins (sounds so much better than Melbourne Rebels ;) ).

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
I know nothing about this guy, but he has good rep form. Thoughts?

Snip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's Quality, I've had the pleasure of watching him since he was in the U14s leading Gordon (in a side that also featured Henry Hutchison) to a NSW State Champs win.

Played in the National U16s Champs for two years and when still eligible for U15s flew to Caloundra on the Saturday to steer NSW U15s to a resounding win over Qld.

Played three years in Riverview's 1sts, captaining the side in his final year and vice captain for the OZ Schoolboys team at the end of last year.

Holds himself well and has a mature game, including an astute boot. NSW's loss (agreed, you can't tie up everyone). Wishing him all the best with his return from an ACL injury. There's no reason why he won't provide good value for the Rebels.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Just watched his highlights. Got a bit of Aaron Cruden about him, a lot to like in there. That said, if he tries selling candy like that against the big boys someone's going to put him on a stretcher.

How big is he? Looks solid enough, but it's always hard to tell with schoolboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.