• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Pretty sure Ben Whittaker is off contract. He has had a bit of a run of injuries, but when he was fit he could play 60 minutes every week. I don't think the Force will hold onto him because Charles is contracted and we'd be pretty happy keeping Tessman.

He's good when he's getting games together week after week.

You'd imagine he'd be floating around 6 or 7 in the Aussie hooker depth chart but at 23 he's still got a year or two before he peaks.

Plus, he might help us in retaining JOC (James O'Connor).

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
There's a heap of good wingers around so English isn't a massive signing but he is solid for this stage of his career and can only get better.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Congrats to both Luke and Tom on their re-signings. I think this shows faith in our youth investment and I look forward to the both of them tearing it up this weekend.

My theory is if/when JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) re-sign it will be it's won separate media circus. JOC (James O'Connor)'s obviously still considering his position and KB (Kurtley Beale) is probably in no head space to be thinking about contracts right now. Hopefully with consistent amount of re-signings, on top of our new signings, this will demonstrate we are the team to stick with.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Because no one likes Mitchell or Sidey at 12 so everyone else is being talked up as a potential option.

I get that, but I don't understand why it's English.

Vuna is a better choice. Not a good one and I'm not advocating it, but still a better choice.

I genuinely think we have no good 12 options even if we get creative.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
I think Sidey has done enough this year to justify a continued contract. We'll have to see how he goes next year as things progress internally at the Rebels.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
If Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) are lost, then a backline of
Stirzaker
Hegarty
Sitauti
Sidey
Inman
English
Woodward

Is a good backline and behind a strong pack I would expect 1/3 games to be victories, at least.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) are lost, then a backline of
Stirzaker
Hegarty
Sitauti
Sidey
Inman
English
Woodward

Is a good backline and behind a strong pack I would expect 1/3 games to be victories, at least.

I thought you guys had signed Lachie Turner as well

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
I thought you guys had signed Lachie Turner as well

That would be the first I've heard of it. There's been some speculation that he might be a good player to recruit but nothing coming from the official or pseudo-official channels. I thought Turner wanted to stay at the Tahs myself.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
English and Jones just confirmed on Twitter.

Full announcement here: http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/News/ArticleDetails/tabid/270/ArticleID/9236/Default.aspx

The RaboDirect Rebels have signed two of the Australian Conference's brightest stars, in lock Luke Jones and utility back Tom English, on deals that will see them at the Club until the end of 2016.

./....snip..../..

Luke and Tom both represented New South Wales as schoolboys, and will run on against the NSW Waratahs at AAMI Park this Friday night to play for the Weary Dunlop Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.