• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Argentina produce some world class front rowers. I am always in awe of how technically astute their front three are at each JRWC.

I think Leonardi & Carriza are they only established forwards available for next year. But Lock/Backrowers is hardly what the rebels need.

I have genuine concerns over leadership in the rebels backline for next year. Burgess can only do so much from the base of the scrum but i think a proven leader is needed a little out wider. Just to give some of the young talent a bit of guidance.

Rebels need Brock James.

I am gonna start a trend

#BringBrockHome

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Why not Brock James but you won't be able to sign him until june 2014. Clermont got already fly halves issues (and the top 14 hasn't start yet).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I can't imagine Brock James would return to Australia to play rugby at what would be a substantially lower salary.

It would be a really strange move for a 33 year old to decide they wanted to come back to Australia to play Super Rugby in 2015.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I can't imagine Brock James would return to Australia to play rugby at what would be a substantially lower salary.

It would be a really strange move for a 33 year old to decide they wanted to come back to Australia to play Super Rugby in 2015.

I would say he has made his money and if he was to retire why not do it close to home? It probably is a pipe dream but stranger things have happened.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
He is a French citizen now and could be the Mayor of Clermont if he wanted to be. Their only two activities in the joint are making tyres and playing rugby and Brock is a local hero.

CA will be sending him out to play in a wheelchair one day.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I don't understand the concerns about hooker. Leafa, Horie and Sexton are all capable at Super 15 level.

On another note, interesting to see Jordy Reid is playing 6 again this weekend for Manly. Could well be the long term position for him with Fugs & Colby battling for 7?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I don't understand the concerns about hooker. Leafa, Horie and Sexton are all capable at Super 15 level.

On another note, interesting to see Jordy Reid is playing 6 again this weekend for Manly. Could well be the long term position for him with Fugs & Colby battling for 7?

Hooper 7 / Reid 6 / cant wait to see Luke Jones back as well. Throw in Caydren as well.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So, Matt Giteau is 'interested' in coming home for another tilt at RWC:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...revoir-for-wallabies-tilt-20130801-2r28x.html

Been a bit of discussion about bolstering our 12 ranks and help impart some experience on our young 10s. Like I said before I think Rory has done well (especially in the 2nd half of the season), but Matt's experience would be very tempting.

Even though his age is against him he would be a great signing. Doubt he would really want to leave France with Mitchell over there and winning trophy's.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Giteau would probably be really good for the Rebels. I think the Brumbies have moved on and I'm not sure the other teams would be that interested.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Giteau is about Giteau. If the Rebels felt O'Connor was stifling the younger players it makes even less sense to bring in a player like him. I still have visions of him crabbing up and down the line for the brumbies in 2011.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Excited at the prospect of Toby Smith playing next season. Looks like a classy young player.

He's a pretty solid player who would start in any Super Rugby XV.

He's not a Sio type dynamic prop we're seeing around right now but he makes tackles, hits rucks, and scrums well.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think Sio is like a jack of all trades, but close to mastering them all. When he masters one though, you may notice a drop in other aspects of his play.

Toby Smith is a great signing, makes up for losing out on Pauliasi Manu.

Status
Not open for further replies.