• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Well he is your only option so i'd put on a brave face in public too, good luck. Tell me, would you have won the Highlanders game if he had stayed on?

Hegs played 10 all game, though when JOC (James O'Connor) came on they did the Rebels' earlier season plan of sharing the playmaking between the 10 and 15.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
More Run 'n'n maul shenanigans this week.

http://www.espnscrum.com/australia/rugby/story/192023.html

Key points for me:
  • View getting stronger that JOC (James O'Connor) is not wanted at any province and is looking at overseas. Still seem the favor the switch to League for him (probably Parramatta, as discussed last week).
  • Apparently a 'noteworthy backline' Rebels is considering his options up north (QLD) because of how the Rebels handled the Beale saga. From what I can see all the noteworthy backs are signed up for a few years, so I can only read this as GG shit stirring.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)

Key points for me:
  • View getting stronger that JOC (James O'Connor) is not wanted at any province and is looking at overseas. Still seem the favor the switch to League for him (probably Parramatta, as discussed last week).
  • Apparently a 'noteworthy backline' Rebels is considering his options up north (QLD) because of how the Rebels handled the Beale saga. From what I can see all the noteworthy backs are signed up for a few years, so I can only read this as GG shit stirring.

Thats Funny Foley and the Force CEO have spent the week with him in sydney and have table an offer to him. Good old Grumbles.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Thats Funny Foley and the Force CEO have spent the week with him in sydney and have table an offer to him. Good old Grumbles.

The whole week? Think I saw JOC (James O'Connor) post something about training at Ballymore yesterday on his Instragram feed. Subtle hint anyone?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The whole week? Think I saw JOC (James O'Connor) post something about training at Ballymore yesterday on his Instragram feed. Subtle hint anyone?
They Left on Monday and had meetings this week with him and tabled an offer still in Sydney.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)

My mail is that Foley was offering him a coaching position. He chews them up and spits them out, does Foles.

Or perhaps he was enquiring whether the young bloke could speak Afrikaans.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
My mail is that Foley was offering him a coaching position. He chews them up and spits them out, does Foles.

Or perhaps he was enquiring whether the young bloke could speak Afrikaans.

Yes I did see Foley's plan to bring in a a 747 load of uncapped saffers to play in the local league and train with the Force. A cunning move, or an act of sheer stupidity - jury still out.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

Key points for me:
Growden is such a flog. He's no better than the New Idea or Women's Day, it's all 'apparently' 'un-named source close to the club' 'rumoured'.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)

Key points for me:
my money is on Mitch Inman. have heard that his contract is not solid and he has looked at options in france and japan recently.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Growden word for it? Nah don't believe a word that comes out of his articles.

Inman contract still not solid? Let me guess ARU top up BS involved.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I like Mitch at the Rebels, but he's nowhere near an ARU top up contract imo.

What I find strange is the different mail we've hear about the Rebels from blues recovery [how the hell do I link his name?] and people like Growden.

According to br the Rebels had pulled back from Beale months back and were being misrepresented in the media by his manager.

According to Growden the Rebel players are offside with the management and dislike the way KB (Kurtley Beale) was treated.

Either both are correct, just from different sources, or Growden is pulling things from behind his ears.

Thoughts?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Allow me to indulge my 'long-bow' theory on this one:
  • Mitch was teammates with JOC (James O'Connor) back at the Force. Probably were mates to a degree
  • In one of JOC (James O'Connor)'s last Instragrams as a Rebel player the vid features James King ( a known bud) and Mitch eating some dinner. Perhaps a sigh of solidarity?
Perhaps this basic connection along is enough to annoy him and/or make him think he could be next? Then again my theory falls over when I read this:

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/inman-resigns-with-melbourne-rugby-20130405-2hbf0.html

Perhaps Mitch has a get-out clause, but I would find it hard to believe it would be based on JOC (James O'Connor) leaving.

If it's not Mitch, wonder who it could be. Who else in the backs hasn't resigned?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Who else is "noteworthy"?

Re. Mitch, his thoughts about JOC (James O'Connor) et al were aparently made clear at the Cleo awards so don't think it's him.

Wise money is on Growden talking rubbish. Besides, in a group of 30 professional athletes there's bound to be friction from time to time. It's hardly newsworthy, unless your captain gets snotted on the tour bus...

D

daz

Mitch has signed until the end of 2015. No idea what kind of "clauses" his contract has, but he will be taking the field in Rebels colours in 2014.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Fair to say we can put this whole thing own to some good ol' fashion GG shit stirring and promptly forget about it.

OneOrThree

Herbert Moran (7)
A wild wild suggestion but this forum has been bemoaning a missing 12 for next year and Nonu seems like he doesn't have a home in 2014. Have we filled our overseas or marquee player quota or is it a possibility? Look at Alby at the Force, he's had a pretty good season and is/was an AB.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
A wild wild suggestion but this forum has been bemoaning a missing 12 for next year and Nonu seems like he doesn't have a home in 2014. Have we filled our overseas or marquee player quota or is it a possibility? Look at Alby at the Force, he's had a pretty good season and is/was an AB.

Come on, he is a great player. But all the reports are he is trouble, plus any club side he has played for has a horrible season. Would rather invest the money and the international spot on someone who gives a damn.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
We've just shifted two difficult players, can't see the club spending big on another individual.

It's interesting to see two of the biggest name players struggling to find a home at the same time. Maybe clubs are truly fed up with the BS?

Reactions: daz
Status
Not open for further replies.