• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I wonder whether Foley will want to hang around the Tahs given today's news. Cheka won't mess with Izzy at 15 and Beale will be his first choice 10

Why do you say that Beale will be Cheika's first choice 10?

I can't imagine Foley and his management would have re-signed with the Tahs without discussing what his role would be in the event KB (Kurtley Beale) returned to the Tahs.

Besides, Foley has knocked the Rebels back once already. ;)

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Surely common sense would prevail and Izzy would pair up with Betham on the wings and Beale would play 15?

That's an unbelievable back three.

Ado Tornado

Allen Oxlade (6)
Badger, there's about 100 reasons Beale why Beale will start at 10. Here's a couple for you to ponder.
1: Cheka is building a side that is effectively a S15 version of Randwick.
2: Cheka wants an Ella for a 10. A fly half that will take the ball to the line plus a flat line attack & pass...Randwick style. He ain't Mella, but he plays that way.
3: Beale is and has always been a 10. He only got chucked into the FB role to give him time to mature when he was struggling as a kid when first at the Tahs.
4; Folou is the best attacking FB in Australia and Cheika won't waste him on the wing like deans did. Besides he's got good finishers in Crawford, Bethan and Turner there already.
5: Did I mention Randwick? Running Rugby? Or the galloping greens?
6: Beale also is much stronger support runner in attack than Foley. Something you do a lot more of when you're constantly putting blokes through gaps.
7: Experience.KB (Kurtley Beale) has been on the scene now for a while and the big match experience will be pivotal in MC's plans. You gotta have it to win the tight ones.
8: game management. Beale has it in spades, Bernard not so much.
9: kicking game. There's a bit more tactical nous in KB (Kurtley Beale)'s kicking game than BF's. It's the Joey Johns in him that can prove quite handy in tight defensive games.
10: he's Wallaby and for all the reasons it takes to become one and everything you learn when you are one.

Did I mention Randwick yet?

As for BF and his management knowing about Beale. Maybe the did or may be they didn't. He certainly wasn't under the spotlight as much when BF was negotiating and there was still a good chance KB (Kurtley Beale) would remain a Rebel. I'm not saying he would move, but he might be pissed and if the Tahs needed coin for KB (Kurtley Beale) they might just say "hey Bernie, remember those Melbourne blokes you were talking too? Here's some coin, go and have another chat",

Or Bernard might say "I wanna start. If you can't let me start can I go somewhere that'll let me?".

Brumbieman. Izzy on the wing? Would you waste Mogg there? I rest my case.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Badger, there's about 100 reasons Beale why Beale will start at 10. Here's a couple for you to ponder.
1: Cheka is building a side that is effectively a S15 version of Randwick.
2: Cheka wants an Ella for a 10. A fly half that will take the ball to the line plus a flat line attack & pass.Randwick style. He ain't Mella, but he plays that way.
3: Beale is and has always been a 10. He only got chucked into the FB role to give him time to mature when he was struggling as a kid when first at the Tahs.
4; Folou is the best attacking FB in Australia and Cheika won't waste him on the wing like deans did. Besides he's got good finishers in Crawford, Bethan and Turner there already.
5: Did I mention Randwick? Running Rugby? Or the galloping greens?
6: Beale also is much stronger support runner in attack than Foley. Something you do a lot more of when you're constantly putting blokes through gaps.
7: Experience.KB (Kurtley Beale) has been on the scene now for a while and the big match experience will be pivotal in MC's plans. You gotta have it to win the tight ones.
8: game management. Beale has it in spades, Bernard not so much.
9: kicking game. There's a bit more tactical nous in KB (Kurtley Beale)'s kicking game than BF's. It's the Joey Johns in him that can prove quite handy in tight defensive games.
10: he's Wallaby and for all the reasons it takes to become one and everything you learn when you are one.

Did I mention Randwick yet?

As for BF and his management knowing about Beale. Maybe the did or may be they didn't. He certainly wasn't under the spotlight as much when BF was negotiating and there was still a good chance KB (Kurtley Beale) would remain a Rebel. I'm not saying he would move, but he might be pissed and if the Tahs needed coin for KB (Kurtley Beale) they might just say "hey Bernie, remember those Melbourne blokes you were talking too? Here's some coin, go and have another chat",

Or Bernard might say "I wanna start. If you can't let me start can I go somewhere that'll let me?".

Brumbieman. Izzy on the wing? Would you waste Mogg there? I rest my case.

id like to see the other 90 reasons.......

betting "playing like Randwick" appears in at least another 20 of them

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Love how the Rebels thread has morphed into a Tahs thread. If all threads followed this trend the world would be a better place.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The Rebels look to have a bloody good back row in 2014.

It's an absolute belter.

Higgers
Faainga
Jones
Timani
Reid
Fuglistaller

Is there something cultural in Australian rugby that can explain the riches we seem to have in the backrow positions? If so, maybe we can send our young props to France for a two year exchange to develop their handle on the dark arts.

T

TOCC

We have depth in the sense that we have a lot of players of the same calibre, I'd be hesitant to suggest that depth is of the world class variety though...

Maybe at open side, but not blindside or number 8.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Who do we need to replace Beale and JOC (James O'Connor)? We've got wonderful players in the positions they covered. I'd rather use the money to top up their contracts (Woodward especially) and start to develop some home-grown talent.

As has been disused before we could do with another inside centre to help develop our 10's. I don't mind Rory's game, but we could do with a little more experience there to help out.

We have lost two quality on field players and two Wallabies in similar positions. I think we need some new players with x factor. Woodward and Hegarty are reasonably good but Roberts is average.

Even if you don't think we will miss them in the starting XV we need to replace them for depth purposes. We have lost 4 backline players and at this stage have only recruited two. Therefore anyway I look at it we need two new players in those positions.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Can't see our backrow dominating the comp next year, but I can see them giving a lot of teams a big fright. They have built some good confidence and drive this year under Higgers and Colby will bring energy too. Going to be interesting to see how we manage two very different 7s to get the best out of them and at the same time give them exposure to develop their weaker elements.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cheika's not a fan of the Rebels statement about letting Beale go. Not sure I agree with Cheika (he seems to whine way too much for my liking), but it's a different opinion.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Cheika's not a fan of the Rebels statement about letting Beale go. Not sure I agree with Cheika (he seems to whine way too much for my liking), but it's a different opinion.

'The best form of defense is a good s___ stir' - Steve Hansen.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
We have depth in the sense that we have a lot of players of the same calibre, I'd be hesitant to suggest that depth is of the world class variety though.

Maybe at open side, but not blindside or number 8.

I think Jones will be a world class 6, and then there's Cottrell coming on at the Force. 8 is looking like a problem.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Still has not re-signed. Hope he stays with the Rebels, a friend asked him on Friday and he still was not sure. Think it's a longer process due to the major injury's he has had last year.

I think he'd have to be weighing up the lure of OS money too, given that he is not currently on the Wallaby radar, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.