• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cant be as bad as Sydney though right?

Generally, a pint of your regular Melbourne brewed tap beer in Melbourne will cost you anywhere between $1 - $3 more than it would in ACT/NSW and Qld.......

Also, you pay the same price for a pot that you would for a schooner elsewhere.......

It's my one and only gripe about this city.......

There are exceptions though.......

But I drink a lot of craft beer these days because if I'm going to pay more for beer it's going to be good.......

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wait... Slim doesn't live in Canberra?

I always thought you'd be a dyed-in-the-wool Canberra local who drives a white Subaru Liberty and regularly tows a trailer.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Good news today fellas. I have officially been made an offer to move to Melbourne for work. Looking forward to becoming the 10,001st member!
(Also note my changed allegiance on my signature).

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Generally, a pint of your regular Melbourne brewed tap beer in Melbourne will cost you anywhere between $1 - $3 more than it would in ACT/NSW and Qld...

Also, you pay the same price for a pot that you would for a schooner elsewhere...

It's my one and only gripe about this city...

There are exceptions though...

But I drink a lot of craft beer these days because if I'm going to pay more for beer it's going to be good...
Carlton Draught > any crap north of the Murray.

At least you can find pints here, virtually non-existent elsewhere.

The only thing Canberra had going for it, was the Wig & Pen, hand pumped ales :)

Otherwise it's the road out.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I left a few years ago...

Wow. Always imagined you would have lived within spitting distance of Canberra Stadium, attend training, be on first name terms with players, coaches and admin, own all the Brumbies gear etc.

Shattered, just like when I was told Santa doesn't exist. :)

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Good news today fellas. I have officially been made an offer to move to Melbourne for work. Looking forward to becoming the 10,001st member!
(Also note my changed allegiance on my signature).

Now, let's talk local club and school allegiances... any ideas haha?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If you're an adult moving to a new city and you don't have kids, I'd suggest that having a school 'allegiance' isn't overly appropriate.

Stick to club rugby.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
If you're an adult moving to a new city and you don't have kids, I'd suggest that having a school 'allegiance' isn't overly appropriate.

Stick to club rugby.

Unless he's a man that has afternoons and Saturday mornings free and is keen to coach.

School??? :confused:

Depends where he ends up moving too.

I know, that's awful isn't it. Obviously only the privet and semi-privet schools can have rugby programs but it would be nice if they were dispersed around Melbourne.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Carlton Draught > any crap north of the Murray.

At least you can find pints here, virtually non-existent elsewhere.

The only thing Canberra had going for it, was the Wig & Pen, hand pumped ales :)

Otherwise it's the road out.

Eh?

o_O

And Carlton Draught = most crap north or south of anywhere....... and I'm certainly not not going to pay $9 - $10 a pint for the filth.......

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kronic, those prices are clearly an exception to the norm.......

You can get $2 pots on some nights at certain places.......

But overall you're paying more for shitty locally brewed beer than interstate.......

D

daz

Let's talk Rebels. Predictions for 2013?

Well, since a staggering 1 in 10 people believe the world is going to end in December 2012, maybe we should wait to see if there actually is a 2013 to predict about :eek:

But since I am in the group of 9, I will go out on a limb and say that the Rebels will finish top 3 in the Oz conference, below the Reds (2nd) and the Brumbies (1st). No finals, but a much better year.

I also predict the gobby AFL-type bloke who sits in front of me will get told to pull his head in and learn the rules (maybe he won't renew his membership. Ah, a dream to hold onto!)

I also predict that Kurtley and JOC (James O'Connor) will actually play consecutive games together for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.