• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RBS 6 Nations 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
You are quite right, it was a mistake of mine to write off Adam Jones, one of my favourite players and a hairspray to boot. Cole is the over rated THP going on this years six nations as he has struggled against everyone. On Murray, are the Lions playing on Sundays? If not then he will tour.

Lions games are Saturdays, one Tuesday and 2 Wednesdays I believe.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
You are quite right, it was a mistake of mine to write off Adam Jones, one of my favourite players and a hairspray to boot. Cole is the over rated THP going on this years six nations as he has struggled against everyone. On Murray, are the Lions playing on Sundays? If not then he will tour.

Like you I don't really get the Cole hype, he's really struggling at scrumtime this tournament. He's still a very young guy for a prop and will improve greatly as he gains more experience. But I'd definitely have Adam and Murray ahead of him on current form.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cole is very good at the breakdown, if you're playing Aus you need that extra man to compete against our fetchers. Say you if you rate Jones a 8 at the scrum and then Cole a 7 it's not that big of a deal when up against our scrum is it?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Cole is very good at the breakdown, if you're playing Aus you need that extra man to compete against our fetchers. Say you if you rate Jones a 8 at the scrum and then Cole a 7 it's not that big of a deal when up against our scrum is it?

Exactly the point I was about to make, although given that it will be 23 man squads they'll both probably see equal game time over the test series.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Like you I don't really get the Cole hype, he's really struggling at scrumtime this tournament. He's still a very young guy for a prop and will improve greatly as he gains more experience. But I'd definitely have Adam and Murray ahead of him on current form.

If there are no sunday games Murray is a no brainer to tour, also means Ross can stay at home and have a summer off which would be good.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Kidney is hugely culpable, this again was leaked to the media before it was officially confirmed. Given what ROG has given to Ireland you think he would have been given the heads up and allowed to announce his retirement before this all came out.
Whatever your opinions on ROG he should be held up as an example of how you can make it in professional sport if your small and skinny. He made a career out of playing to his strengths and at his peak there was probably no better tactical kicker in the world.
Agree with all that but don't see how you can prevent leaks in this day and age. The only way would be if you didn't tell the player before you drop him which would be worse.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
No Sunday games, they won't give us Sunday games in the normal season let alone the lions tour.
Suits me, we are going to need one more year out of Mike Ross before Archer, who has come on in leaps and bounds this year, is ready for international rugby. McCallister is converting to THP apparently, White will be IQ in autumn 2014 and hopefully Moore and the very promising Furlong will push through for Leinster. But Ross is vital to Irish rugby and it would be a real bonus if he was overlooked for the Lions.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)

Good call, its a toss up how they want to play though I guess. Pick Jenkins and Cole at prop and you've got two turnover kings at prop. Sheridan and Jones instead and the Aussie scrum may end up in reverse.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Deccie names A.N. Other at 10 and also on the bench. Sexton is definitely out, Jackson is highly likely to be fit.

R Kearney; F McFadden, B O'Driscoll, L Marshall, K Earls, AN Other, C Murray; C Healy, R Best, M Ross; M McCarthy, D Ryan; P O'Mahony, S O'Brien, J Heaslip
Replacements: S Cronin, D Kilcoyne, AN Other; D O'Callaghan, I Henderson, E Reddan; AN Other, L Fitzgerald

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Good call, its a toss up how they want to play though I guess. Pick Jenkins and Cole at prop and you've got two turnover kings at prop. Sheridan and Jones instead and the Aussie scrum may end up in reverse.

I hope Gatland is thinking like you, but Healy is better on the floor than Jenkins, better than the Sheridan I watched being eviscerated in the scrum by Montpellier in the Heineken cup, a better tackler than both and a better carrier but I will be more than happy if he is on his decks in full DJ church mode at the end of the season and not risking injury playing for the Lions.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
I hope Gatland is thinking like you, but Healy is better on the floor than Jenkins, better than the Sheridan I watched being eviscerated in the scrum by Montpellier in the Heineken cup, a better tackler than both and a better carrier but I will be more than happy if he is on his decks in full DJ church mode at the end of the season and not risking injury playing for the Lions.

Lol, your going to be out of luck there and you know it. Healy will definitely tour and start the tests on current form (whether Gats thinks so is another thing though) in my opinion.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Lol, your going to be out of luck there and you know it. Healy will definitely tour and start the tests on current form (whether Gats thinks so is another thing though) in my opinion.

Unfortunately you are correct. What is the craic with Gethin Jenkins this weekend? James is a good player though and think this game could be an absolute cracker.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Deccie names A.N. Other at 10 and also on the bench. Sexton is definitely out, Jackson is highly likely to be fit.

R Kearney; F McFadden, B O'Driscoll, L Marshall, K Earls, AN Other, C Murray; C Healy, R Best, M Ross; M McCarthy, D Ryan; P O'Mahony, S O'Brien, J Heaslip
Replacements: S Cronin, D Kilcoyne, AN Other; D O'Callaghan, I Henderson, E Reddan; AN Other, L Fitzgerald

Deccie trying to play the cute hoor again with the AN Others, either just delay naming your team or put Paddy Jackson in there if you say he is going to be fit! Would have rather Fitz instead of Ferg but I assume Ferg could be place kicking. Dan Tuohy is another I'd like to see involved DOC rarely makes an impact off the bench apart from furiously windmilling on the side line.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Unfortunately you are correct. What is the craic with Gethin Jenkins this weekend? James is a good player though and think this game could be an absolute cracker.

Gethin's calf injury from the Italy game hasn't cleared up.
Many Wales supporters/pundits have been championing Paul James over Gethin anyway. Gethin is playing his way back into some sort of form after his inactivity in France this season but James is a far better scrummager but maybe not quite as effective in the loose. Glad young Ryan Bevington has made the bench - his scrummaging is improving and he's superb around the park.
As you say, the game could be a cracker. This must be the first 6 Nations seasons in an awful long time that the Scots are going for 3 wins in a row. Their confidence must be sky high.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Deccie trying to play the cute hoor again with the AN Others, either just delay naming your team or put Paddy Jackson in there if you say he is going to be fit! Would have rather Fitz instead of Ferg but I assume Ferg could be place kicking. Dan Tuohy is another I'd like to see involved DOC rarely makes an impact off the bench apart from furiously windmilling on the side line.
Would like to have seen DOC moved on from the squad a while back but realistically he knows all the calls and can scrum behind both props so makes sense with both locks having injury issues. I am a big fan of Tuohy but his injury came at a bad time this year. The future is Henderson however and Paulie could well be back, touch wood. If we could get Ferris' knee back, that was destroyed playing for the fucking Lions, imagine where we might be. Hope to all that is holy Healy doesn't go the same way this summer.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Gethin's calf injury from the Italy game hasn't cleared up.
Many Wales supporters/pundits have been championing Paul James over Gethin anyway. Gethin is playing his way back into some sort of form after his inactivity in France this season but James is a far better scrummager but maybe not quite as effective in the loose. Glad young Ryan Bevington has made the bench - his scrummaging is improving and he's superb around the park.
As you say, the game could be a cracker. This must be the first 6 Nations seasons in an awful long time that the Scots are going for 3 wins in a row. Their confidence must be sky high.

Did you see Bevington's try a couple of weeks ago?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Would like to have seen DOC moved on from the squad a while back but realistically he knows all the calls and can scrum behind both props so makes sense with both locks having injury issues. I am a big fan of Tuohy but his injury came at a bad time this year. The future is Henderson however and Paulie could well be back, touch wood. If we could get Ferris' knee back, that was destroyed playing for the fucking Lions, imagine where we might be. Hope to all that is holy Healy doesn't go the same way this summer.

A fully fit and firing Irish pack of Healy, Best, Ross, Ryan, POC, Ferris, SOB, Heaslip with Killer, Cronin, Henderson and POM off the bench is a mouth watering prospect! Hopefully we get lucky enough with injuries that we can field it

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
If we could get Ferris' knee back, that was destroyed playing for the fucking Lions, imagine where we might be.

wow, imagine that! Lol I guess we would be watching Ferris charge around like the warrior he is...with a very sore ankle. F#@$ing Ulster!

But lets not kid ourselves, Ferris had a dodgy knee way before the Lions. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but he injured his knee playing for Ireland before 2007 WC? He was also nominated for the 2012 ERC player of the year so I imagine he's been going pretty well since.

Whatever, let's hope he makes a speedy recovery from his ankle injury because he is world class and the game is so much better for having him around.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Did you see Bevington's try a couple of weeks ago?

Yes, great support play and pace from a prop to be fair. He scored a better try against NZ in the junior RWC a few years ago. It's on YouTube, have a look - a fat looking young prop (with the afterburners on ! Lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.