• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RBS 6 Nations 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnie

Peter Burge (5)
o yeah sorry lol, scotland won against the odds and stats, that was interesting, apart from all the penalty kicks

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I love us to go for Ewan McKenzie or Dave Rennie but its the IRFU they'll go for the easy option of promoting the U-20 coach
I don't think the IRFU have got the money unfortunately. I can see Ruddock as manager and provincial coaches like Axel and even Schmidt being brought into the national set up during the international windows. These are very worrying times for Irish rugby!!

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
ROG had another ineffective game at 10 last night for Munster, although he did kick his goals, Jackson had a decent weekend both with ball in hand and from the kicking tee however by the sounds of it Mad Dog was the pick of the Irish tens in a traditionally tricky fixture for Leinster. How this will play out for Ireland I don't know Kidney might just think screw it I'm goosed anyway, drop ROG and give Mad Dog a go from the bench.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
ROG kicked his goals, missed a late drop goal to win, though it wouldn't have been a gimme in his pomp. But it's his Ireland performances that have to be judged. On that basis, out. You'd think. Whether Deccie does is another matter. Jackson definitely has to be retained with, probably, Madigan. Whether Deccie thinks so is another matter.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Kidney knows he needs something spectacular to even have a shot at saving his job, ROG ain't that by a long shot, not saying Madigan is but he has more of a chance of doing the spectacular than O'Gara.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Kidney has nothing left to save his job. What Irish fans need is a good 80 minute performance where we actually get across the line.

Where is that going to come from, think we need a miracle?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I think we need intensity, leadership, luck and a coherent game plan. All have which have been missing for a long time in the Irish camp, all this crap coming out from the players about how good craic the camps are makes me think that we need a serious disciplinarian to come in and get us sorted. Kidney should have walked after the 60-0, the fact that he wasn't sacked shows us what a joke shop the IRFU are

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I have a feel we'll put in a really good performance against the French but it will just be papering over the cracks. Hopefully the decision for Deccie to step down has already been taken because if we win the last 2 games it will be harder for the IRFU to make that call.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
If Kidney does not step down now it does not give a new coach enough time to start preparing for the World Cup.

As much as I would love to see Ireland win a world Cup, I would be quite happy with a few 6 nations in a short period of time, don't even have to be Grand Slams, just start bringing home some silver ware and the fans faith will return and than we can take some pride in the boys in Green the way the provinces have in recent years.

Only 1 Six Nations title while we have won 5 Heineken Cups in the last few years, able to perform on the Heineken Cup stage and just not convert it on the international level is a real big disappointment.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
ROG out of the squad. Shame a fine career had to end such. Sexton, Madigan and Jackson in.

SQUAD – Backs: Rob Kearney (Leinster), Craig Gilroy (Ulster), Andrew Trimble (Ulster), Luke Fitzgerald (Leinster), Dave Kearney (Leinster), Brian O’Driscoll (Leinster), Eoin O’Malley (Leinster), Keith Earls (Munster), Fergus McFadden (Leinster), Luke Marshall (Ulster), Jonathan Sexton (Leinster), Paddy Jackson (Ulster), Ian Madigan (Leinster), Conor Murray (Munster), Eoin Reddan (Leinster).
Forwards: Rory Best (Ulster), Seán Cronin (Leinster), Cian Healy (Leinster), David Kilcoyne (Munster), Mike Ross (Leinster), Declan Fitzpatrick (Ulster), Donnacha Ryan (Munster), Mike McCarthy (Connacht), Donncha O’Callaghan (Munster), Devin Toner (Leinster), Dan Tuohy (Ulster), Iain Henderson (Ulster), Peter O’Mahony (Munster), Seán O’Brien (Leinster), Tommy O’Donnell (Munster), Jamie Heaslip (Leinster), Robbie Diack (Ulster).

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Tight head is a real issue for the Lions as 'hair bear' struggled against Healy and got mashed by Domingo. Cross was good against Ireland and could be a bolter. How many sunday games are there on the tour?

I wouldn't write off Adam Jones just yet, I don't think his cause has been helped by Wales having had such a lightweight 2nd row so far this championship.
Bradley Davies and A W Jones have been missed in the tight although Coombs and Evans have been impressive around the field.
Personally I'd have enjoyed seeing Adam with Olly Kohn's 21st scrummaging behind him. Ouch !!
Cross has impressed though and Ewan Murray as always is a tough customer at 3.
Interesting decisions ahead.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
It is. ROG couldn't see - or ignored - the writing on the wall. Kidney culpable, though. That's what coaches are for.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
It is. ROG couldn't see - or ignored - the writing on the wall. Kidney culpable, though. That's what coaches are for.

Kidney is hugely culpable, this again was leaked to the media before it was officially confirmed. Given what ROG has given to Ireland you think he would have been given the heads up and allowed to announce his retirement before this all came out.
Whatever your opinions on ROG he should be held up as an example of how you can make it in professional sport if your small and skinny. He made a career out of playing to his strengths and at his peak there was probably no better tactical kicker in the world.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
No, you're right. RM have signed him.

Racing Metro loved having Frans Steyn in their ranks. Now they will have the other Steyn, fellow Bok Morne.
Racing have confirmed the signatures of Steyn following the completion of Super Rugby this season as well as Bulls lock Juandre Kruger

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
The problem with all these Top-14 transfers is that there's a window within which they can be officially confirmed. The window opens in April. Players can confirm, clubs can't. That's why RM have never officially confirmed Sexton. Nor have they officially confirmed Steyn. Nor, from what I can find, have either Sexton or Steyn confirmed anything. We'll have to wait till next month for the truth.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I wouldn't write off Adam Jones just yet, I don't think his cause has been helped by Wales having had such a lightweight 2nd row so far this championship.
Bradley Davies and A W Jones have been missed in the tight although Coombs and Evans have been impressive around the field.
Personally I'd have enjoyed seeing Adam with Olly Kohn's 21st scrummaging behind him. Ouch !!
Cross has impressed though and Ewan Murray as always is a tough customer at 3.
Interesting decisions ahead.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
You are quite right, it was a mistake of mine to write off Adam Jones, one of my favourite players and a hairspray to boot. Cole is the over rated THP going on this years six nations as he has struggled against everyone. On Murray, are the Lions playing on Sundays? If not then he will tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.