• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds V Chiefs 2011R18

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I rate Shatz so highly, I was annoyed he didnt get on last few weeks because of injuries. He, along with Ed Quirk, is the future of the reds backrow, look forward to seeing him develop into the starting 8 over the next couple of seasons.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Don't think you will have to wait long. Samo has been great this year but i see it as the kind of year Van Humphries had in 2010. He will be 36 next year and will take a huge effort to get up the motivation to keep the likes of Robinson, Schatz, Gill, and Quirk out of the side.

M

Muttonbird

The Chiefs will be desperate to have some sort of impact at the end of what's been a disappointing season. The chance to further dampen the Reds momentum heading into the playoffs will be motivation for them.

The weather will be just what you'd expect in dairy country, rain, and an overnight low of 11 deg.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Reds need to go after the Chiefs' set-piece BIG TIME.

Aled de Malmanche imo is the worst hooker in Super Rugby history add that in with an already poor set-piece and it will be a disaster.

T

tranquility

I was worried about this game earlier in the week, but the Reds are going to win - I can feel it.

Go The Reds.

Little bit of trivia, currently ad space at the Rugby in Queensland is the most expensive of all the sports and outdoor venues because of the excitement being generated by the Reds. That is a fair achievement considering most bogans don't understand the idea of 'advantage'.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Messam has been one of the form players of the season. Leonard is playing like he did when first capped and that 3/4 line is superb.

Chiefs have given the Blue and Crusaders fits in recent weeks.

I can see the Chiefs winning this.

T

tranquility

Kahui isn't playing.

Genia > Leonard

I think we should be able to cover Messam.

Fingers crossed.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Away from home and in the wet....against a messy, difficult team.. I just don't like it. The Chiefs set-piece has been a weakness each and every season under Foster; it has varied from absolute shithouse to inconsistent at best. Ironically, the Chief's lineout and scrum has been a little more solid in recent weeks. It's at the breakdown where they compete ferociously and are so effective at slowing oppo ball down.

The Reds have the kicking game to tie in the Chief's back three, but IMO, the Chiefs have a more varied attack now and are placing more emphasis over breaking the gain line from first phase and then building pressure through phase play.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think Reds have the edge 1-5, 9&10 + 16-19.

The Reds backline defense (or lack if it) will be a big key to winning this match and I bet Link has been drilling Tapuai and Chambers all week to sort it out.

If Gill can hold his own and keep Messam under control, Quade and Will will lead us around the park well enough to get the job done.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Dam Messam is in form, has been all season. If he doesn't make the All Black 22 something is wrong. If the Reds can nulify him they will go a long way to winning this

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)

The Reds backline defense (or lack if it) will be a big key to winning this match and I bet Link has been drilling Tapuai and Chambers all week to sort it out.

If Gill can hold his own and keep Messam under control, Quade and Will will lead us around the park well enough to get the job done.

I hope Gill can. I thought he was not up to it physically last week.

T

tranquility

Gill almost certainly won't hold his own individually, as Messam is an immense player and probably an All Black this year. However the other two Shatz and Higgers have to contribute so that as a backrow they are more effective than the sum of the parts, and more importantly more effective than the Chiefs trio.

To borrow from the rugbyheaven article on David Brockhoff, I will borrow one of the great man's quotes which was spoken much before I was born. "Breakaways … no excuses, cause havoc at the breakdown like sharks in a school of mullet. And when you're through the other side we're like crowbars through the Opera House window. We get in, loot the joint and get out."

Take heed from this boys. RIP Brocky..

B

Burke's Boot

The Hankerchiefs back 3 against their Reds opposites is a real concern. Masaga has already embarrassed the Red's most exprienced outside back by a country mile, Rocket Rod before. Don't forget Mungo Chambers at 13 is a weak defender too. Thats what the Chiefs need to focus on.

R

RuckinGoodStats

Goal kickers #Chiefs Donald 71% (42 from 59) #Reds: Cooper 69% (63 from 91) & on 196 points #rugby #super15 #superrugby
#Chiefs on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 10 pens (6); 5.9 pens at ruck (7); 12.9 missed tackles (10)

#Reds on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 9.6 pens (7); 4.7 pens at ruck (14); 11.1 missed tackles (14)

Ref stats: Brown forced to award, per game average 19.1 pens (12.5 at ruck) 4.1 scrum resets & 2.8 scrum infringes #Chiefs #Reds

Ref stats: Brown 15 (1=most/highest) from 17 refs to award scrum infringments, 12th in scrum resets & pens #Chiefs #Reds

R

RuckinGoodStats

67% probability of this first place kick being successful according to the computer #Chiefs #Reds #rugby #super15 #superrugby

R

RuckinGoodStats

When Graham in bin, #Reds put on 3 points, #Chiefs had 29% possession 19% territory #rugby #super15 #superrugby

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds have started well. Can never feel comfortable against the Chiefs though.

Gill and entire pack going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.