• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds V Chiefs 2011R18

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Chiefs have dropped alot of ball and lost a shed load of lineouts with De Malmanche throwing.

The commentators in NZ were frothing over him last year and talking about him being an All Black, but I was skeptical. Sure he's great round the park, but you can tell he has been converted from flanker as soon as he steps up to throw.

Thanks for the updates.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Good on the Reds. I'm a tahs fan, but I'm still happy for them.

It kind of feels like the media don't really care about the fact they won the minor premiership. Sure it is all about the finals, but it shouldn't be understated what an achievement it is to top the table.

T

TOCC

Reds win minor premiership!!!

Apparently they did it with a winger playing at 6 ad well.. Shit they must be good!!

Suck on it!

D

Danix

Congrats Reds and Reds Fans! It's great to see an Australian team finish top of the table. It's days like these that I'm pleased to say I was born in Queensland :) Bring on the Finals!

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Gill was immense and again Genia and Coper kicked well and controlled the game. QC (Quade Cooper) showed again that he can play conservatively.

T

tranquility

This is all it's about isn't it, you think I'm attacking the Reds. Higginbotham isn't a Test standard 6. Plenty of other options, McCalman, Saffy, Dennis, Chapman, Hodgson.

Although you may be right, I hate this 'holier than than thou' notion as if you know more than the rest of us. As if International football is that harder grafting style of football that only you could possibly understand. He is untried at International level, that does not mean he can not play at International level. He has had an outstanding season, but in tight and in the loose for the best side in the comp. He will be in the Tri nations squad without doubt, and if he plays well in the WC squad. He had a bad night in the wet this evening, it does happen. Give me a break from your cynicism.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
One game doesn't make jack all difference to the fact he has played well this season... Higginbotham has been consistant at his game, just like qwerty has been consistant at his...

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think the Reds can win the comp. Their pack showed today that they can show up. Chiefs may not have to worlds best pack but the Reds showed total commitment.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds by 1-12 has been a bloody good investment strategy for the past month!

Bring on the finals and the return of all those injured! Well done to all the guys who've come in over the past few weeks and done the job to get us the minor premiership.

wobbly

Fred Wood (13)
Congrats Reds and Reds fans. This is an incredible achievement by the players, Link, coaching staff and QLD rugby management under Rod McCall. The turnaround in results in two seasons has been nothing short of incredible, especially considering how young and unheralded the playing group was at the start of last season.

Obviously two massive matches ahead to go into the history books, but for today this achievement should be applauded by all true rugby fans regardless of who they support.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Stop getting into a fight about one player! We are Minor Premiers! Every game we play from now on is at home! We will be watching finals footy at Fortress Suncorp! We can watch Higgers play for weeks next while Qwerty"s big names are firing up the Barbecues.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Great to see Gill get a full game. How any rugby team thinks they can win without a genuine turnover merchant is beyond me. I was impressed with Tapui as well. Genia and Cooper excellent of course.

A

allitsab

I agree with the praise heaped on Gill - he was Mr Everywhere. Obviously learnt plenty from his hit out last week with Pockock... Was a pity they couldn't finish off for a few more tries, given the amount of time they were camped on the Chief's tryline.

Feeling much better about having booked my flights up for both the semi and GF now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.