• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds V Chiefs 2011R18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Gill was great in this game. Comparisons to McCaw and Gill, blah blah blah. Gill will be Liam Gill and is pointless to compare him to players which have far more experience than him.

Crongratulations to fellow Reds fans. :yay Exciting times for us indeed. Congratulations to those who care for the state of the game nationally as an Australian has finished first. :yay

The injuries to Slipper and Simmons are of major concern. All updates on the prognosis would be much Appreciated.:thumb

GO THE REDS

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Gill was great in this game. Comparisons to McCaw and Gill, blah blah blah. Gill will be Liam Gill and is pointless to compare him to players which have far more experience than him.

Crongratulations to fellow Reds fans. :yay Exciting times for us indeed. Congratulations to those who care for the state of the game nationally as an Australian has finished first. :yay

The injuries to Slipper and Simmons are of major concern. All updates on the prognosis would be much Appreciated.:thumb

GO THE REDS

Well said Ruggo, very well said.

For the Reds to come No 1 after 16 games, 18 Rounds vs many of the world's finest provincial teams, is simply a stunning result, especially given the state of the Reds in late 2009. The entire QRU management + Link and Link's coaching group + of course the whole team should be congratulated. As you say, it shows what is possible for Australia's rugby when the right resources are applied and a good corporate and team culture is built and continued.

(I wonder how long it has been since Aus rugby had 2 teams in the finals box?)

I

IamRed25

Liam Gill played an outstanding game alongside Shatz, Cooper and Horwill.
Gill has a bright future ahead of him, if he keeps his composure.

sanchez

Bob McCowan (2)
Liam Gill has ONE good game and you guys are touting him as some sort of messiah. I thought he had a great game too, however he is not even close to being as good as pocock is, nor can i see him being as good in the future until he has played more games. As for him being a better pilferer, bollocks, Pocock is arguably the best pilferer and number 7 in the game.

Like many people have said, game plans are revolved around negaiting pococks influence. Not to mention how pocock showed a masterclass to gill last week in the reds vs. force game.

i think people are getting a little too carried away...

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
hmm I think the initial comparisons have been brought back to earth a little more so in recent posts on this forum. The excitement of finishing 1st and having a home final may have gone to our heads a little and hence the over-exaggeration of Gill. Nevertheless, he did play well and deserves the praises.

Can we please bask in our glory for maybe 24 hours before the "we are still better than you" talk begins from south of the boarder.?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
hmm I think the initial comparisons have been brought back to earth a little more so in recent posts on this forum. The excitement of finishing 1st and having a home final may have gone to our heads a little and hence the over-exaggeration of Gill. Nevertheless, he did play well and deserves the praises.

Can we please bask in our glory for maybe 24 hours before the "we are still better than you" talk begins from south of the boarder.?
Basking quietly might avoid the last bit from the usual suspects, so there's a thought to try! ;)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yep, hearty congrats to the Reds for their outstanding season. To lose only a couple of games and win several tight ones is a reflection of how far they've come in a couple of years. Having the week off will help them too I am sure. They play a really nice brand of footy too and the punters seemingly agree. I hope they go deep into the finals and maybe even win the whole thing, though I am staying with my prediction of the Cru winning it all.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
A lot gave gill mom points here. Pretty damn good for a 19 year old in his second start against kiwi opposition.

D

Doc

Liam Gill has ONE good game and you guys are touting him as some sort of messiah.

i think people are getting a little too carried away...

Liam Gill was anointed as a messiah long ago. Anyone who saw him as a 16 year old will tell you that.

T

TOCC

Gill was good, but he is still very fresh, very raw..
Size isn't a massive issue, he just needs to understand the limitations of his size until he fills out.. Ie tackle low, don't try and run over messman..

Another 12 months before we start rating him against test level players

Reactions: BDA

sanchez

Bob McCowan (2)
fair enough then. don't get me wrong i think he played very well and im an avid reds supporter. I just can't see him knocking king pocock off his throne, especially because they are only 3 years or so apart. Unless pocock gets injured or somehow becomes a rubbish 7 (cant see that happeneing) i think it will be hard for him to push for the wallaby 7 jumper even years down the track. But as some suggested, maybe he could mould into a good 6. who knows...

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
He's a good young player with great promise. I thought he played brilliantly. But this Gillomania is getting out of control. Sounds like some haven't seen a turnover before.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wallabies 2015
3. Slipper
4. Horwill
5. Wykes
6. Gill
7. Robinson
8. McCalman
9. Swanepoel
10. Barnes (Cooper gone to League)
11. Mitchell
12. Pocock!
13. McCabe
15. Beale

Won't win many matches with that backline but I at least like the Qld influence :p

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
ahhh the U/16's. Forgot that was the true test of talent, my mistake.

Giday Sanchez.

Can I ask a favour and ask that you put your team colours up so I can put your comments into context. One half of my mind says you trolling and the other half thinks you are just putting the Gill love back into perspective.

Welcome to the forum.

EDIT - Should have read the rest of the thread. I understand your posts better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.