• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Did he play lock/6 for the 2019 U20s? Good player if so.
Yeah, the same one. He's had a bad run with injury but looked great in club this year, was man of.the match in the hospital's cup final. Makes a lot of sense to call him up for the Japan tour and possibly more, but might struggle to get a contract with backrow and lock looking pretty full.

Still, if they can lock him down on a base deal it might be worthwhile, I could see him replacing Vest after 2025.

Reactions: TSR

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, the same one. He's had a bad run with injury but looked great in club this year, was man of.the match in the hospital's cup final. Makes a lot of sense to call him up for the Japan tour and possibly more, but might struggle to get a contract with backrow and lock looking pretty full.

Still, if they can lock him down on a base deal it might be worthwhile, I could see him replacing Vest after 2025.
Still plenty of years in front of him too. I can see the Reds losing at least 2-3 of their current backrow stocks at the end of this year so would be handy to have someone like him in the wings.

Won’t help the couple of posters who already think Brothers have too many players in the squad feel better about themselves though. :)

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
He was a standout in the Grand Final for sure.

This is a proper career turnaround.

I’m not kidding when I say he literally walked off the field mid-game for brothers Reggie’s a few years ago after being absolutely decimated in the front row. I thought he was done with the game.

Good to see him back.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
Wood got capped by the tahs in Super Rugby Au (off the bench as a lock). Blew my mind that 2 years later he was playing front row in reserve grade. Wow he was good in the QPR final. He is just hard.
It was the Waratah who suggested that he switched into the front row, from memory

Cole

Stan Wickham (3)
Looks likely they will take a few uncontracted club players to Japan, have heard Muller and Tarabay from Brothers, Dawai from Wests and one of the Souths centres Villiami Lea ?? have all been training with the squad, Mason Gordon too obviously

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
They'll need a few with injuries and the Wallabies and Australia A squad members unavailable. It'll be interesting to see how many are signed ahead of time or spaces are left in the main squad for them - squad announcements for all the super sides in 2025 are apparently set for the end of October, just before the Saitama game (though maybe not before they've departed)

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Will Petaia play? I saw in the reds video that he was training but unsure of his rehab schedule then the fact he’s also got his nfl tryout in January so may not want to jeopardise

Cole

Stan Wickham (3)
Have heard it from 2 different sources now that the Reds are going to have a preseason tour to Fiji and play a MLR team as a trial. My understanding is it will be largely an Academy/development team they take over. Sounds a good idea and a great trip if true

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
updated from @RugbyReg on the front page which is missing quite a few now, assuming squad size of 35 there are about 5 more signings to come.

Queensland Reds 2025

Les Kiss - Head Coach (2026)
Brad Davis - defence and backs (2026)
Jonathan Fisher - breakdown and forward skills (2026)
Zane Hilton - set piece forward (2026)
Dale Roberson - academy (2026)

Hookers:
Matt Faessler - 2025
Josh Nasser - 2026

Props:
Alex Hodgman - 2025
Jeffery Toomaga-Allen - 2025
George Blake - 2026
Zane Nonggorr - 2026
Sef Fa'agase - 2025
Matt Gibbon - 2025

Locks:
Angus Blyth - 2025
Connor Vest - 2025
Ryan Smith - 2025
Joshu Canham - 2026
Lukhan Salaka-Loto - 2025

Backrow:
Fraser McReight - 2025
Seru Uru - 2025
Harry Wilson - 2025
Joe Brial - 2025
Liam Wright - 2025

Scrumhalf:
Tate McDermott - 2027
Kalani Thomas - 2025

Flyhalf:
Tom Lynagh - 2026
Harry McLaughlin-Phillips - 2025

Centres:
Hunter Paisami - 2026
Joshu Flook - 2025
Dre Pakeho - 2026

Wings:
Suliasi Vunivalu - 2025
Filipo Daugunu - 2025
Lachlan Anderson - 2025
Tim Ryan - 2026

Fullback:
Jock Campbell - 2025

UNSIGNED:
Richie Asiata -2024
Max Craig - 2024
Trevor King - 2024
Massimo De Lutiis - ???
Taine Roiri - ???
John Bryant - 2024
Louis Werchon - 2024
Jordan Petaia - 2024
Isaac Henry - ???
Frankie Goldsbrough - 2024? (possible Academy)
Floyd Aubrey - ???
Mac Grealy - 2024

CONFIRMED GONE:
Peni Ravai - Drua
Cormac Daly - Japan
James O'Connor - Overseas
Taj Annan - Newcastle Knights
Lawson Creighton - Waratahs
Connor Anderson - Overseas
Mac Grealy - Force

RUMORED GONE:
Jordan Petaia - NRL/NFL/AFL/Force/Waterpolo/NBA
Apart from the news on Jordan Petaia, does anyone have any updates? Are John Bryant and Trevor King still not signed?

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Apart from the news on Jordan Petaia, does anyone have any updates? Are John Bryant and Trevor King still not signed?

there’s chatter over on the qpr 2025 thread about a max exodus of players from Souths.(no names mentioned)

obviously just offseason rumours - but wouldn’t be surprised if these 2 highly touted players may have been poached O/S

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Will Petaia play? I saw in the reds video that he was training but unsure of his rehab schedule then the fact he’s also got his nfl tryout in January so may not want to jeopardise
I'd be amazed if he did - his contract ends November 1, so he won't be on the books any longer. He's been training with them for rehab and is probably helping some of the younger guys get up to speed, but I don't think it would serve the Reds or Petaia to have him play these games.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
there’s chatter over on the qpr 2025 thread about a max exodus of players from Souths.(no names mentioned)

obviously just offseason rumours - but wouldn’t be surprised if these 2 highly touted players may have been poached O/S
Both very young, but maybe not all that surprising - given their talent.