• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Bryant would be a huge loss for the future, I thought he was really good this year.

I am pretty certain his partner has a decent career here in Brisbane in some line of professional services (albeit they are both quite young), not saying that means he won't leave but I am sure if the opportunity was still at the Reds that would assist in his decision making.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I think Bryant is absolutely a target to be poached - I hope he stays but….

Liam Wright + Harry Wilson injury/Fraser McReight suspension opened the door for John Bryant getting a bunch of starts last year and the fact you can play him in all 3 backrow positions means I think he’d have a bit of value.

Definite priority signing for reds… (so too Trevor)
The other thing was Uru was playing almost exclusively in the row so Bryant was regularly in the 23.

Will be much harder next year with a few more quality players to fit in.

Agree he would be great to keep but he’d also attract interest elsewhere you’d think.

Cole

Stan Wickham (3)
The other thing was Uru was playing almost exclusively in the row so Bryant was regularly in the 23.

Will be much harder next year with a few more quality players to fit in.

Agree he would be great to keep but he’d also attract interest elsewhere you’d think.
It will all have to happen soon if squads have to be finalised by the end of the month. Interesting times...