• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2024

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
So, minus the 13 named for Wallabies and Daly, who is out with injury. What does a Reds vs Wales lineup look like based on those that weren't selected for Wallabies?

**Assuming some Reds not in the Wallabeis 23 will be released back to the Reds for this match anyway...
It's still a pretty good team, though maybe a bit thin at 4,5,6

slot in Fa'agase, Asiata, Vest, Anderson, Brial, Thomas, HMP/Creighton, Anan and Henry (edit) with JOC (James O'Connor) there too

Alex Hodgman, Matt Faessler, Jeffrey Toomaga-Allen, Seru Uru, Ryan Smith, Liam Wright (co-c), Fraser McReight, John Bryant, Tate McDermott (co-c), Tom Lynagh, Mac Grealy, Hunter Paisami, Josh Flook, Tim Ryan, Jock Campbell

RESERVES: Josh Nasser, Sef Fa'agase, Zane Nonggorr, Connor Vest, Joe Brial, Kalani Thomas, Lawson Creighton, Taj Annan

Last edited:

Reds Rick

Peter Burge (5)
It's still a pretty good team, though maybe a bit thin at 4,5,6

slot in Fa'agase, Asiata, Vest, Anderson, Brial, Thomas, HMP/Creighton, Anan and Henry with JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) there too

Alex Hodgman, Matt Faessler, Jeffrey Toomaga-Allen, Seru Uru, Ryan Smith, Liam Wright (co-c), Fraser McReight, John Bryant, Tate McDermott (co-c), Tom Lynagh, Mac Grealy, Hunter Paisami, Josh Flook, Tim Ryan, Jock Campbell

RESERVES: Josh Nasser, Sef Fa'agase, Zane Nonggorr, Connor Vest, Joe Brial, Kalani Thomas, Lawson Creighton, Taj Annan
Will also be interesting if they try to fast track any of the rumoured new signings

The Whisperer

Bill Watson (15)
So, minus the 13 named for Wallabies and Daly, who is out with injury. What does a Reds vs Wales lineup look like based on those that weren't selected for Wallabies?

**Assuming some Reds not in the Wallabeis 23 will be released back to the Reds for this match anyway...
I would assume something like this:

1. George Blake
  2. Richie Asiata
  3. Jeffrey Toomaga-Allen
  4. Seru Uru
  5. Connor Vest
  6. Connor Anderson
  7. John Bryant
  8. Joe Brial
  9. Kalani Thomas
  10. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips
  11. Tim Ryan
  12. Lawson Creighton
  13. Taj Annan
  14. Suliasi Vunivalu
  15. Jock Campbell
RESERVES
16. Max Craig
17. Sef Fa’agase
18. Massimo De Lutis
19. Taine Riori
20. Kohan Herbert
21. Louis Werchon
22. Floyd Aubrey
23. Mac Grealy

I know some of these have signed elsewhere so will be interested if they actually play

Slayer!

Herbert Moran (7)

1. George Blake
  2. Richie Asiata
  3. Jeffrey Toomaga-Allen
  4. Seru Uru
  5. Connor Vest
  6. Connor Anderson
  7. John Bryant
  8. Joe Brial
  9. Kalani Thomas
  11. Tim Ryan
  12. Lawson Creighton
  13. Taj Annan
  14. Suliasi Vunivalu
  15. Jock Campbell
RESERVES
16. Max Craig
17. Sef Fa’agase
18. Massimo De Lutis
19. Taine Riori
20. Kohan Herbert
21. Louis Werchon
22. Floyd Aubrey
23. Mac Grealy

I know some of these have signed elsewhere so will be interested if they actually play
You're assuming Joe Schmidt doesn't release some Reds to play Tier One opposition and uses his dirttrackers (ie Brumbies) to play Georgia.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

1. George Blake
  2. Richie Asiata
  3. Jeffrey Toomaga-Allen
  4. Seru Uru
  5. Connor Vest
  6. Connor Anderson
  7. John Bryant
  8. Joe Brial
  9. Kalani Thomas
  11. Tim Ryan
  12. Lawson Creighton
  13. Taj Annan
  14. Suliasi Vunivalu
  15. Jock Campbell
RESERVES
16. Max Craig
17. Sef Fa’agase
18. Massimo De Lutis
19. Taine Riori
20. Kohan Herbert
21. Louis Werchon
22. Floyd Aubrey
23. Mac Grealy

McLaughlin-Phillips will likely still be with the under 20s for this one.

The other factor is probably going to be any incoming Rebels. I imagine they'll come straight onto the books and start training. Integrating some of them into the matches against Wales and Tonga would be good, as long as they've had enough time with the team. It probably wouldn't be all of them but from the non-wallaby rebels rumoured I could see Canham or Gibbon coming straight into the 23.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
With Canham having signed for next year I expect he'll come straight into training and be available for the game against Wales. Depending on how many of Smith, Blyth, Wright and Wilson remain off with the Wallabies there should be plenty of room for him to slot straight into the 23 for that game.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Hopefully he can come straight in as with both Blyth and Rhino off, we're short on timber (I know we've got Uru, Cormac and Vest).

But, I would imagine you need Uru at 6, with Anderson at 8 and what, Bryant at 7? Or does Brial get 8 instead?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hopefully he can come straight in as with both Blyth and Rhino off, we're short on timber (I know we've got Uru, Cormac and Vest).

But, I would imagine you need Uru at 6, with Anderson at 8 and what, Bryant at 7? Or does Brial get 8 instead?
I'd definitely have Brial over Anderson. They may want to play someone like Riori in the backrow to get a bit more size in though.

scrans21

Sydney Middleton (9)

6. Uru, 7. Bryant, 8. Brial, 20. Anderson