• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2024

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I really like PJ Su’a. Was a standout first XV no 8 as a 15 year old. Missed last year through injury and will be back for Terrace this year.

Chase Oates a real talent too.

Ben Gollings son Rocca and Lote’s boy Samson both selected.
Do you know if Chase is any relation of either Kye/BJ or Corey Oates at the Broncos?

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Lu
Very keen to see how Frankie Goldsbrough goes, there have been big wraps on him and his signing.

Also like what I've seen from Finn Prass previously, I'm not really too familiar with the rest of the squad though.
Luke Aiken and Charlie Brosnan ones to watch as well.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I believe shortlisted interviews have finished (or are close too) with the final couple of candidates to be put to the board at the next board meeting to decide

Brilliant, Reg. How frequent does the board meet - monthly?

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Reg do you know if they’re confirmed to be seeking a head coach or if it’ll be a DOR type role with Heenan stepping up?

Maybe that’s being too specific and you can’t say.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Caught up with a few rugby types today who like to think they get the inside word. Will be interesting to see if their chinese whisperer is on the money.

Have heard Cheika overwhelming fave for the head coach, but has been upfront and said he’s got zero time for anything Reds related until after RWC. That has rubbed a few board members the wrong way. Unsure if that deal will get over the line.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Caught up with a few rugby types today who like to think they get the inside word. Will be interesting to see if their chinese whisperer is on the money.

Have heard Cheika overwhelming fave for the head coach, but has been upfront and said he’s got zero time for anything Reds related until after RWC. That has rubbed a few board members the wrong way. Unsure if that deal will get over the line.

Is anything there surprising? Cheika being favoured is great, ( though I'd love to see the full list) but not having time till after the RWC is kind of obvious, no?

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeh, the not-so-subtle dig was a few of those board members seemed to think Reds coaching was more important than RWC coaching and his ‘see you in November’ attitude wasn’t good enough.

The other front runner doesn’t have similar obligations.

This could all be a big beat up, I’m sure others intel is more secure. The deal could already be done.

Reactions: dru

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Weird one to hang their hat on... if true, says a fair bit about the culture of the inner sanctum. Not sure it comes as a surprise to anyone though