• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quarter Final - Brumbies vs Highlanders, 22 July 2016 @ 6:00pm

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
According to the Crimes Coleman's selection was because he provides another kicking option.

/quote] Coleman isn't a bad kicker and if he is on it does provide good variety. The Highlanders will have it on the boot frequently if they are in the right attacking area of the field, so to have another kicking option at the back seems like a sound strategy. And... he may be small but he is smart enough to work out how to handle the big dogs.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

I hope so as last time he was in a similar scenario with the big dog Nadalo and it was all one way express traffic! I really don't think his boot will be needed though.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Brumbies Pokemon.JPG

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The more I look at this, the better I like the Brumbies' chances. We know they have it in them. And they're due a big one. They'll be bouyed by the return of the inspirational Pocock. And everyone has written them off. This is precisely the kind of bitter, pissed-off, end-times scenario they're made for.

Everybody is agin them. Everybody!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I hope so as last time he was in a similar scenario with the big dog Nadalo and it was all one way express traffic! I really don't think his boot will be needed though.

His kicking ain't even that good either. I'd say average kicker at best.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Unfortunately, what has happened over the past 20 years or so is that the myth of running rugby has become so entrenched in the minds of some, that we now find ourselves in the position that almost anything other than spinning the ball across the backline at every play is considered illegitimate rugby in Australia.

I won't risk invoking the 3rd Reich, so I'll quote Lenin:

Almost every interview with any Australian rugby coach there are questions about "how are you going to play?" Then there are these pointless statements about "running rugby". Bernie was doing it just yesterday.

Reactions: mst

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Almost every interview with any Australian rugby coach there are questions about "how are you going to play?" Then there are these pointless statements about "running rugby". Bernie was doing it just yesterday.

I don't actually think Larkham is about "running rugby". IThe Brumbies kick often and use their strength of the rolling maul at every opportunity they get. I don't think Larkham is afraid to play boring rugby - which is what he has been doing the last 2 years with the Brumbies. The problem with Brumbies is, they even been executing the boring rugby games poorly eg. Kicking for territory has been woeful.

Reactions: mst

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't actually think Larkham is about "running rugby". IThe Brumbies kick often and use their strength of the rolling maul at every opportunity they get. I don't think Larkham is afraid to play boring rugby - which is what he has been doing the last 2 years with the Brumbies. The problem with Brumbies is, they even been executing the boring rugby games poorly eg. Kicking for territory has been woeful.

I agree on your comments about his style.

My point is that when he was in his interview the other day he was having to justify to the media about why he may not play "running rugby". It was silly

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Reports Arnold is out for 6 weeks. Elbow injury with a fracture at the back of the elbow. :(

M

Moono75

Hope the PM has issued a bulletin instructing all Government Departments to knock off early and get to the game. Canberran's need to turn out in force and be vocal if the Brumbies are going to have any chance to salvage some Australian pride from this Super Rugby season. Pocock will need to have a monster game to turn the tide and be on the back of a few rolling maul tries. Should be a great game but I think the Highlanders just look too classy 9 through 15.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I agree on your comments about his style.

My point is that when he was in his interview the other day he was having to justify to the media about why he may not play "running rugby". It was silly

I see, media hype around running rugby is ridiculous. In Australia.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The weather here in Canberra is woeful right now. Windy, wet and cold. Doubt we will see many supporters show up.

But It's going to be a slugfest of a game, which is probably an advantage to the Brumbies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I cannot pick a clear winner, I have tipped the Highlanders by one but am scared to bet on it.

Instead I have place bets on Pocock and Moore to score a try at some point in the game (separate bets).

Bring on the rolling mauls!!!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I cannot pick a clear winner, I have tipped the Highlanders by one but am scared to bet on it.

Instead I have place bets on Pocock and Moore to score a try at some point in the game (separate bets).

Bring on the rolling mauls!!!

That's not a bad bet actually. Not bad at all.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hope the PM has issued a bulletin instructing all Government Departments to knock off early and get to the game. Canberran's need to turn out in force and be vocal if the Brumbies are going to have any chance to salvage some Australian pride from this Super Rugby season. Pocock will need to have a monster game to turn the tide and be on the back of a few rolling maul tries. Should be a great game but I think the Highlanders just look too classy 9 through 15.

Public servants + Friday = long lunch and early finish

Status
Not open for further replies.