• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quarter Final - Brumbies vs Highlanders, 22 July 2016 @ 6:00pm

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
It was a SANZAAR crack down but by all means shoot the messenger. It's actually not the hard to kick the ball from behind the line is it?

It just a line. Does it matter what side, or if its even on it? As long as its close right. ;)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The smart thing to do would be to tell the kicker not to do it again, that's if it's only a coupla cm over. But, chasers in front of the kicker should always be pulled up.

They were warned and still did it!

As for the chasers in front of the kickers I couldn't agree more and it should be strictly enforced.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
It was a bizarre bit of pedantry and out of character with the rest of Angus' "let it breathe" ethos. I can only hope that it was a strange edict from the SANZAAR board or an slap he got from a coach that will settle. Speaking of pedantry it is not a "Rule" it is a Law, rules are things that are added or subtracted for specific competitions. :p

As I haven't used the term "rules", I take your comment to relate to Wamberal rather than me.:)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
It was a SANZAAR crack down but by all means shoot the messenger. It's actually not the hard to kick the ball from behind the line is it?

Isn't that what we all do when it comes to refs? Anyway, how many others called games up for this minor infringement? If none, not much evidence that it was in fact a SANZAAR edict at all, or one that most refs thought warranted following through on.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Isn't that what we all do when it comes to refs? Anyway, how many others called games up for this minor infringement? If none, not much evidence that it was in fact a SANZAAR edict at all, or one that most refs thought warranted following through on.

...or Angus is the only one reading the SANZAAR emails and following through! Pretty sure he has just been given an international? Good to keep on the bosses good side!;)

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Yeh those calls annoy me. I hate the "rules are rules" point of view.

We might as well have computers as ref's if that's the way you want to go.

If it has zero bearing on the game, and gives zero advantage or disadvantage to either team then the ref should let it go for the sake of the flow of the game. Makes for a more entertaining but still fair spectacle.

SouthernMan

Frank Row (1)
Brumbies v Pulse Energy Highlanders - GIO Stadium, Canberra, Fri 22 July 6.00pm (AEST) 8.00pm (NZT)
1. Daniel Lienert-Brown
2. Ash Dixon
3. Josh Hohneck
4. Tom Franklin
5. Luke Whitelock
6. Elliot Dixon
7. Shane Christie ( cc )
8. Liam Squire
9. Aaron Smith
10. Lima Sopoaga
11. Patrick Osborne
12. Malakai Fekitoa
13. Matt Faddes
14. Waisake Naholo
15. Ben Smith ( cc )

Reserves
16. Liam Coltman
17. Aki Seiuli
18. Siosiua Halanukonuka
19. Mark Reddish
20. Dan Pryor
21. Te Aihe Toma
22. Fletcher Smith
23. Rob Thompson

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies Line-up
Starting side

Scott Sio
Stephen Moore (c)
Ruan Smith
Blake Enever
Sam Carter
Scott Fardy
David Pocock
Jarrad Butler
Tomás Cubelli
Christian Lealiifano (c)
Robbie Coleman
Matt To'omua
Tevita Kuridrani
Nigel Ah Wong
Aidan Toua

Reserves
Josh Mann-Rea
Allan Ala'alatoa
Leslie Leulua’iali’i-Makin
Tom Staniforth
Michael Wells
Joe Powell
Andrew Smith
James Dargaville
Lausii Taliauli
(one to be omitted)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
^^^^the one to be omitted should be Coleman IMHO!

FFS! How the hell is he going to deal with Naholo or Osborne?

What happened to Alexander?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
According to the Crimes Coleman's selection was because he provides another kicking option.

I wonder if Bernie has ever met this bloke?

Ben from accounts.jpg

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Coleman to face up to either Naholo or Osborne. Bernie has lost the plot really big time. And his reported reason - another kicking option. Hasn't he yet learnt that you do not kick to the Highlanders' back three if you want to stay in the game?

Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.