• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quarter Final - Brumbies vs Highlanders, 22 July 2016 @ 6:00pm

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm going to say it again: "The Aussie teams can not beat the Kiwis teams this season" The only ones who can touch the face of a Kiwis side ATM are the Tahs, who were competitive vs Blues at Eden Park and beat Chiefs at Moore Park recently.

Landers by 20
It may well be that the Tahs might have finished the season in better form but the fact is that they had fewer wins than the Brumbies and lost two games to them in the regular season. Time to let it go and support the Aussie underdog!

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
It may well be that the Tahs might have finished the season in better form but the fact is that they had fewer wins than the Brumbies and lost two games to them in the regular season. Time to let it go and support the Aussie underdog!

If the boot was reversed, would you do the same? :) (I ask only as one of my work colleagues is a Brumbies fan, and he got tickets to the '14 final where the Tahs won, and he couldn't bring himself to cheer and congratulate the Tahs on their win)

Honestly, the Tah's were there own worst enemy. Neither the Brumbies or Tahs looked brilliant, I'm supporting them as the only Aussie team, but think the Crusaders will win.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
If the boot was reversed, would you do the same? :) (I ask only as one of my work colleagues is a Brumbies fan, and he got tickets to the '14 final where the Tahs won, and he couldn't bring himself to cheer and congratulate the Tahs on their win)

Honestly, the Tah's were there own worst enemy. Neither the Brumbies or Tahs looked brilliant, I'm supporting them as the only Aussie team, but think the Crusaders will win.

As a Brumbies fan I hate the Tahs 99% of the time.. But I certainly cheered them on during their 14' final.

Always back an Aussie team before the others.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
As a Brumbies fan I hate the Tahs 99% of the time.. But I certainly cheered them on during their 14' final.

Always back an Aussie team before the others.

True, I was curious to see if my colleagues views were widespread. Thankfully/hopefully they aren't :)

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)

I was supporting the tahs in the 2014 final.
I'd rather cheer for an Australian team than a kiwi team.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

Usually I would, and have since the Super 6 days, which is longer than most on the forums have been alive I suspect. But I find this I just cannot. That is not to say I am supporting the Highlanders, I feel neutral. I just abhor the Larkham game plan. It is little better than the dross that Wales serves up under Gatland. I cannot stand a watching a side that dominates possession to the point of 70-80% and does precisely two parts of sweet FA with it. It is just way too frustrating and I found myself in this position mid way through this year. Indeed I am even struggling to rouse the interest enough to even watch, but probably will as my habit must be sated even as it is frustrated, maybe the Highlanders will show me a nice game without humiliating the Brumbies too much.:(

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
So anyway,

A good chance of rain this week so that might change things on the night.

So I won't have to put up with Horan whinging about it being "dewy" as an excuse for the game plan and skill deficiencies? It will be about genuine rain instead.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Maybe you didn't see the game I'm referring to Wamberal, but both sides were brought back for this sorry, pedantic piece of officiating. It is a fact that just about every side will from time to time kick off slightly ahead of the half way line. Makes not one iota of difference to the game, but some refs just have to be the centre of attention. They would all be better at their jobs if they looked at the chasers who are in front of the half way line before the kick is made. Sometimes a chaser will be up to a metre or more off side and that can have a marked influence on challenging for the ball.

So, no, I don't think that the game should be interrupted for a kick off only cms over the line. There are a lot more impactful issues that need the ref's attention. This is not a Brumbies' issue; it is a refereeing issue that went both ways in the game I referenced.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
Maybe you didn't see the game I'm referring to Wamberal, but both sides were brought back for this sorry, pedantic piece of officiating. It is a fact that just about every side will from time to time kick off slightly ahead of the half way line. Makes not one iota of difference to the game, but some refs just have to be the centre of attention. They would all be better at their jobs if they looked at the chasers who are in front of the half way line before the kick is made. Sometimes a chaser will be up to a metre or more off side and that can have a marked influence on challenging for the ball.

So, no, I don't think that the game should be interrupted for a kick off only cms over the line. There are a lot more impactful issues that need the ref's attention. This is not a Brumbies' issue; it is a refereeing issue that went both ways in the game I referenced.

It was a bizarre bit of pedantry and out of character with the rest of Angus' "let it breathe" ethos. I can only hope that it was a strange edict from the SANZAAR board or an slap he got from a coach that will settle. Speaking of pedantry it is not a "Rule" it is a Law, rules are things that are added or subtracted for specific competitions... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.