• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quarter Final - Brumbies vs Highlanders, 22 July 2016 @ 6:00pm

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Coleman to face up to either Naholo or Osborne. Bernie has lost the plot really big time. And his reported reason - another kicking option. Hasn't he yet learnt that you do not kick to the Highlanders' back three if you want to stay in the game?

Chip kicks? Line kicks? Grubbers? Box kicks?

There are lots of ways to employ judicious kicking. This is now the biggest single area of weakness in the game here, at every level.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Coleman and Toua?

2mbe2Z8.gif

^^^^^most of the Brumbies supporters at the game as soon as they kick or after Toua has had the ball!

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Chip kicks? Line kicks? Grubbers? Box kicks?

There are lots of ways to employ judicious kicking. This is now the biggest single area of weakness in the game here, at every level.

They key way to improve the kicking game is simply to not!:p

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Highlanders kick probably more than anyone, just don't be shit at it.

they kick actually more than anyone.

1 Landers 412
2 Sharks 396
3 Stormers 391
4 Force 390
5 Crusaders 383
6 Canes 338
7 Tahs 335
8 Bulls 332
9 Brumbies 330
10 Blues 330

Over a match thought the difference equates to just about 5 kicks difference between Landers and Brumbies

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
As long as Toua keeps kicking out on the full, it's hard for the Highlanders to counterattack.

Yeah, as long as!

He is not the only one. As Reg and others have pointed out it the end result of the kick that is the issue.

I have read the Toouma has said that they have all been chanting a saying all week at training; aim at row 7!

He has warned all the supporters in row 7 they are being aimed at when kicking to make sure the ball goes out!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
They key way to improve the kicking game is simply to not!:p

Mick Byrne was on the Rugby Show last night talking yet again about the importance of good kicking in complementing attacking options: not least because the threat of an attacking short kick (in particular) gives the defensive line-up an additional threat to be aware of.

What would he know, he is only the All Blacks skills coach? Or was for a fair while.

Chubby demonstrated his lack of rugby nous by commenting that to beat the ABs we have to score more tries, we won't do it by kicking goals.

Honestly, I despair.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Mick Byrne was on the Rugby Show last night talking yet again about the importance of good kicking in complementing attacking options: not least because the threat of an attacking short kick (in particular) gives the defensive line-up an additional threat to be aware of.

What would he know, he is only the All Blacks skills coach? Or was for a fair while.

Chubby demonstrated his lack of rugby nous by commenting that to beat the ABs we have to score more tries, we won't do it by kicking goals.

Honestly, I despair.

Unfortunately, what has happened over the past 20 years or so is that the myth of running rugby has become so entrenched in the minds of some, that we now find ourselves in the position that almost anything other than spinning the ball across the backline at every play is considered illegitimate rugby in Australia.

I won't risk invoking the 3rd Reich, so I'll quote Lenin:

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
“What is admirable in rugby, is the perpetual mix of individualism and discipline, the necessity for each man to think, to anticipate, to take a decision and at the same time subordinate one’s reasoning, thoughts and decisions to those of the captain.

Baron Pierre de Coubertin

Unless the captain is Michael Hooper.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The more I look at this, the better I like the Brumbies' chances. We know they have it in them. And they're due a big one. They'll be bouyed by the return of the inspirational Pocock. And everyone has written them off. This is precisely the kind of bitter, pissed-off, end-times scenario they're made for.

Status
Not open for further replies.