• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So if the draw is starting in late March, will the compass comp and games between the non cardinal direction teams go ahead? I.e starting in early March?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
There are 3 weeks marked trails in the document I saw. I guess it is up to each club to make arrangements that suit them best. 1 team will have a bye the first week, my understanding is it will be Easts so they can play Sydney Uni.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Cheers, Jets. I saw it before I think, but when is the Australian Club Championship? Easts will happy as the Super 14 season starts on the 21st of February (SA teams starting a week earlier), which means the majority of top Sydney Uni players will be playing Super XV.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
What happens to the team that has the bye in the trials?

Do they
1. Play Logan 1st Grade
2. Arrange a separate trial against another rugby club (I.e Gold Coast or sunny coast club team)
3. Don't play at all

And how is it decided who gets the bye? Qru or club nomination?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I don't really have a problem with not playing at all. Sometimes a week off is good for a club, especially to rest players.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What happens to the team that has the bye in the trials?

Do they
1. Play Logan 1st Grade
2. Arrange a separate trial against another rugby club (I.e Gold Coast or sunny coast club team)
3. Don't play at all

And how is it decided who gets the bye? Qru or club nomination?

What? A bye in the trials? No one has byes in trials. Clubs will organise their own trials.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think Logan will play clubs when Premier play the Breakers. A club bye would be great twice a season.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Not sure if this will work but here is the Premier Rugby DRAFT Draw.

Proposed kick off March 22nd. Grand Final August 17th.

Easter off, 2 byes.

Attachments

• 2014 Premier Rugby Draw (DRAFT061213).pdf
    310.3 KB · Views: 570

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
a Super Rugby GF (hopefully involving the Reds, or better yet being hosted by them) on the same day as the semi finals is tough.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Pinched this link from the 3rd tier comp thread for those of you who may not be following it

http://www.rugby.com.au/ArticleDetails/tabid/1694/ArticleID/10650/Default.aspx

The last section about nominating for the comp troubles me.

As I said may happen they are allowing any club/team to put forward a proposal either individually or amalgamate. I wonder if the QRU will be stepping in here and assigning Premier teams into regions etc as has been mentioned here or allow the clubs to run the show themselves. As I believe there are a few clubs who will be jumping at this opportunity to fund themselves and get their name out there.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I really hope the QRU pushes amalgamation as well.

If a team (ie: University, Sunnybank) go into it alone, it will potentially ruin the Premier comp as players will leave their respective clubs for an opportunity.

Edit: Pulver said he is looking for a Brisbane North and a Brisbane South teams. I suspect this was heavily pushed to the QRU and then onto the clubs.

So as posted before.

North: Brothers, GPS, Wests, Norths, University
South: Easts, Souths, Sunnybank, Gold Coast

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
As T12 said, the player and club alignment should be modelled off the East Coast Acers and Ballymore Tornadoes. But fingers crossed it doesn't end up like the Australian Rugby Championship. I still hope Brothers go at it alone.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Anyone know who is coaching Norths 2014??
Like the look of draw, finishing in early August makes sense, I prefer even earlier start than 22-03, would be even better for lower grade teams I believe. I know the semis and finals of super rugb maybe a prob, but ....

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Surely the QRU will have a follow up announcement soon with their intentions.

I would have thought the ARU would have left the announcement of teams involved until mid-season to minimise the amount of players defecting to other clubs (at least in the first year) if the individual route is taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.