• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Also, time to formulate our own Team of the Season seeing it is the last round?

Few names I'd be putting forward, JP Smith, Kite, Ngaumo, Stollberg, Enever, Buttler, Browning, O'Hare, Freney, Taumata, Brandon, Gillespie, Winkley, Lespiere, Taikato-Simpson, Damon Murphy.

Obviously I can't judge on every team, haven't seen too much of all the teams.

Interesting idea.. This is my 1st year on the GAGR forums, so definately keen to see a consciencous premier grade allstar team.

Nominate 4 players from my Club Brett Gillespie, Dan Linde & both props (Leilua/Faagase) one of them can come off the bench.

premier competition thoughts
*I think backrow is hard to pick as there is so many good ones (& no absolute standouts) & because 6, 7 & 8 is a versatile position.. Its hard to make decision on that. i guess Freney of brothers would get a look due to his position on the tryscorer leaderboard

*Flyhalf was a 2 horse race at the start of the season with Murphy/Brandon & by midseason i'd would of said that Brandon had it wrapped up.. But the kid at Sunnybank looks the goods.

*automatic player selections into my Premier grade allstar team would be Stohlberg (Easts) Campbell & Damon Murphy (Brothers) Shane Seuili (Sunnybank)

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Also, time to formulate our own Team of the Season seeing it is the last round?

Few names I'd be putting forward, JP Smith, Kite, Ngaumo, Stollberg, Enever, Buttler, Browning, O'Hare, Freney, Taumata, Brandon, Gillespie, Winkley, Lespiere, Taikato-Simpson, Damon Murphy.

Obviously I can't judge on every team, haven't seen too much of all the teams.

Interesting idea.. This is my 1st year on the GAGR forums, so definately keen to see a consciencous premier grade allstar team.

Nominate 4 players from my Club Brett Gillespie, Dan Linde & both props (Leilua/Faagase) one of them can come off the bench.

*I think backrow is hard to pick as there is so many good ones (& no absolute standouts) & because 6, 7 & 8 is a versatile position.. Its hard to make decision on that. i guess Freney of brothers would get a look due to his position on the tryscorer leaderboard

*Flyhalf was a 2 horse race at the start of the season with Murphy/Brandon & by midseason i'd would of said that Brandon had it wrapped up.. But the kid at Sunnybank looks the goods.

*automatic player selections into my Premier grade allstar team would be Stohlberg (Easts) Campbell & Damon Murphy (Brothers) Shane Seuili (Sunnybank)

I made a thread in the main forum!

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/unsigned-club-players-xv.11623/

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Should be a pretty strong forward pack for GPS this weekend, Samo and Saia Fainga'a just declared that they are playing, still no word about Anthony.

Any word on whether Wests will have Higginbotham?

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Not sure I agree with any of your selections from other teams (not wests players) SouthernX. From Easts I would only nominate Butler and Skelton as a certainty from Easts. Tuamata from Sunnybank I think has had the best season from flyhalf.

But I think everyone should wait until the end of the finals, as the best teams are usually the best players, despite what Robbie Deans believes.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Not sure I agree with any of your selections from other teams (not wests players) SouthernX. From Easts I would only nominate Butler and Skelton as a certainty from Easts. Tuamata from Sunnybank I think has had the best season from flyhalf.

But I think everyone should wait until the end of the finals, as the best teams are usually the best players, despite what Robbie Deans believes.
I would think Stollberg and Enever are the only certainities from Easts, they have been brilliant all season and I honestly cannot think of any other locks who've stood out as much.
Hard to think of the best openside in the comp, because there really isn't any. Ged O'Hare has been playing 8 for Souths, but plays like a 7.

Wingers are also hard to pick, Lespierre, Taikato-Simpson, Seiulia, Routledge.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I meant that in regards to second rowers from other clubs not being anywhere near those two. Buttler has been great but theres probably a bit more competition in the backrow. But Jarrad would definatly be my 8.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
George Blomfield had had a great year at the 'bank. Won a few games off the back of his play. Has been in such good form that Gill played 6 against Brothers a couple of weeks ago.

Rex Tapuai and Danny Routledge have also been good too.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Scott Allen would be the best person to ask this, but I wouldn't think he'd want to give too much away ;)

It will be a good game:)

Or in Robbie speak - I'm sure GPS learned some things about us in round 1 and we have had some further learnings since then. We will turn up on the day and I expect they will too.

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)
Should be a pretty strong forward pack for GPS this weekend, Samo and Saia Fainga'a just declared that they are playing, still no word about Anthony.

Any word on whether Wests will have Higginbotham?

I can't see Higgers playing for Wests. So who gets dropped for Radike?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)

I disagree with a lot of those but in particular Campbell only definite from brothers would be Coady me thinks maybe murphy

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
That's Ok Thierry, I was only trying to get the ball rolling & to be honest, I don't get to see a lot of other teams as I'm down the kennel or on the road supporting my beloved bulldogs.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I can't see Higgers playing for Wests. So who gets dropped for Radike?

Last time Radike was down at GPS he ended up playing in the 2nd row for a few games and i'm thinking he'll play there at the expense of Toolis (not sure which one of the twins would be there). The backrow has been performing to well to breakup or reshuffle imo. Jono Ellis has been playing well and is captain, Jay Havelu has been killing it and Matt Blain or Liam Ferguson (whoever is fit) have been playing well at 7 and I think are more valuable than Toolis.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Fainga'a and Samo in the GPS team.
White named for Easts gives me a little more confidence, seeing as UJ has finally been dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.