• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Uni is never going to move and that treasure trove of funds has had its controversies. Wests is apparently on the up and is operating in the black and makes a fair bit of coin these days. I dont think relocation is likely to happen with any of the traditional clubs and everything is in cycles some years clubs will struggle some years clubs are fantastic. I believe uni were bottom of the ladder around 5 years ago if my memory serves correct......look at those bastards now laughing at all of us

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Re: Tuqiri

That guy killed Uni in the 2nd half to see them overhaul a big lead & win by 1. That Uni gave away a big lead twice in short succession is a concern, but that shouldn't take anything away from Bev- he was outstanding.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Probably has something to do with their bank balance, playing numbers and financial support oh and their 100+ years of history.

Just a bit of tongue and cheek on our warcry & the mentioning of alternative campuses. I wasn't suggesting they move bro. I'm happy with the current arrangement of 2 clubs being situated just a stones throw of one another.

It's just a shame that WESTS & UNI both games got moved to Ballymore because of the rain event. The local derbys are always such good money makers for the clubs.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
It'd take away some of the rivalry of Wests vs Uni aswell. Grudge matches like this are the best to watch, usually bring massive crowds as SouthernX said.

I'll say this though, parking at both those clubs can be a fucking nightmare.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think I've mentioned on here before that relocation is great in theory but it won't work as it disengages the current supporters of the clubs and people in the new location feel they are inheriting issues from somewhere else.

SouthernX, I understood the nature of the comment and as a former Uni player understand the nature of the relationship between the 2 clubs.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Fulltime in Prems GPS 19 defeated Easts 14

After spending a day down at Easts I now vote Easts sideline chat as the most brutal in clubland, there were a lot of big mouths despite all their teams going down quite heavily apart from Prems (not saying it in a negative way, was actually impressed with some of the chat)

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I hope some of that whitty banter was from me. Was sad we could not take advantage of gps being down players in a feisty game. I want to raise a question about disabled access to clubs. Are there laws that require old clubs to retro fit for wheel chair access. It is such a shame some people have to rely on the good will and strength to have them included in post match functions like at Easts. Is there a way we as a club can get help from local ad state government for this or do we have to go it alone to be inclusive to all?

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
After today's results Brothers appear to have the Minor Premiership tied up after outlasting GC for a bonus point win with SC next week.
Sunnybank move to 3rd place on the ladder with a superior F&A to Easts.
Easts are 1 point ahead of GPS.
If Uni beat Easts next week and GPS beat Wests the Tigers will be out.
If Easts beat Uni and deny them a bonus point Sunnybank witha BP win against the GC would finish 2nd with more wins than Uni.
Uni have all but wrapped up the club championship today.

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
Fulltime in Prems GPS 19 defeated Easts 14

After spending a day down at Easts I now vote Easts sideline chat as the most brutal in clubland, there were a lot of big mouths despite all their teams going down quite heavily apart from Prems (not saying it in a negative way, was actually impressed with some of the chat)

I agree - things haven't changed by the sounds of it. I remember a couple of years ago when they were on the wrong end the scoreboard a lone voice came from the bleechers " You're a cheating C_ _ t ref".

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Suppose it's what you happen to hear. Have heard some funny things at games and some not so funny. Have heard language that women at the games should not have had to listen to and that is from quite a few clubs. There is always a mouth that will push the limits. No one club is exempt from that.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Suppose it's what you happen to hear. Have heard some funny things at games and some not so funny. Have heard language that women at the games should not have had to listen to and that is from quite a few clubs. There is always a mouth that will push the limits. No one club is exempt from that.

Not sure women aren't the perpetrators sometimes.... :)

I had an awkward conversation with my 13 yo offsider (who has been beside me at almost every game since he was 9) about what a fa**ot was. One of our boys apparently has homosexual hair.

Anyway he normally doesn't pay attention to what the crowd yells, but since this appeared to come from the bench he asked me what it was.

Topics I covered:
A) that's a disgusting word that you should never say to anyone. Ever.
B) I'm confident that ____ isn't gay, but even if he was, who cares? It shouldn't affect the way he thinks of them
C) There's nothing wrong with being gay
D) What "gay" means.

Yes, he's a curious kid.

Aaahhh the lessons he learns at rugby. I remember a simpler time when the most important thing we told him was NEVER USE THE LANGUAGE HE HEARS AT RUGBY AT HOME. ESPECIALLY IN FRONT OF HIS MOTHER!

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Easts supporters are horrible. I got called a filthy catholic c-u-next-Tuesday a few years ago. I wish all supporters were polite like us Gentlemen at Crosby Park.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Easts supporters are horrible. I got called a filthy catholic c-u-next-Tuesday a few years ago. I wish all supporters were polite like us Gentlemen at Crosby Park.

x-ray-violin.gif

Cry me a River.. FILTH!!!

You guys are just as bad :)

In all honesty, I think EASTS & BROTHERS are hostile environments because EASTS Grandstand is right on top of the playing field and the Filth is like a bunch a degenerate gamblers turning up to a cockfight (with Crosby Park Field 1 being the enclosure)

Marshall09

Frank Row (1)
What was everyone's thoughts on Easts vs GPS game yesterday? Thought it was a cracker. Tough game, good hits and some great performances. Thought some of the GPS players were outstanding.
Was good to see Franks and old Easts boy have a very solid hit out after huge lay off with injury. Taking of sprays he got his fair share from the Den.

I think GPS will end up rolling Easts to finish in the top 4....... Thoughts?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think GPS will end up rolling Easts to finish in the top 4... Thoughts?

To be honest I think Easts are sitting in the box seat and will scrape through. They know all they have to do is beat uni next weekend while gps are relying on easts a loss and needing to beat wests who beat them previously. The last time wests and gps played the wests team had the perfect gameplan to target gps forwards with heavy runners and I see more of the same happening down at yoku next weekend. They will be two cracking games.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
What was everyone's thoughts on Easts vs GPS game yesterday? Thought it was a cracker. Tough game, good hits and some great performances. Thought some of the GPS players were outstanding.
Was good to see Franks and old Easts boy have a very solid hit out after huge lay off with injury. Taking of sprays he got his fair share from the Den.

I think GPS will end up rolling Easts to finish in the top 4... Thoughts?
I thought it was a brutal match. Easts blew many opportunities with wæ too many handling errors. The ball running of JP Smith and Phil Kite was very effective, with a run up they are some of the best ball runners in the comp. As usuall my most uttered word was "fuck UJ" who again had a shocker. Wasn't made easier with Skelton having the worst game I've seen him play, Josh Parry aswell was very poor.

In the end it was a great match, as much as I hate losing to GPS it was good to watch. That last penalty on fulltime may be a big factor in keeping GPS out of the finals. As the BigDog said, it's basically finals already for Easts, GPS will have their hands full against Wests and then rely on other results.

Marshall09

Frank Row (1)
I agree it was brutal! Great game of tough rugby. I think the ref made some very soft calls with all 4 sin bins really not necessary. JP and Phil were huge for Jeeps. Brandon was Easts danger man again.......also thought the Tigers 9 was pretty poor.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
x-ray-violin.gif

Cry me a River.. FILTH!!!

You guys are just as bad :)

In all honesty, I think EASTS & BROTHERS are hostile environments because EASTS Grandstand is right on top of the playing field and the Filth is like a bunch a degenerate gamblers turning up to a cockfight (with Crosby Park Field 1 being the enclosure)
Hahahahaahahahahah post of the year SouthernX post of the year!!

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
To be honest I think Easts are sitting in the box seat and will scrape through. They know all they have to do is beat uni next weekend while gps are relying on easts a loss and needing to beat wests who beat them previously. The last time wests and gps played the wests team had the perfect gameplan to target gps forwards with heavy runners and I see more of the same happening down at yoku next weekend. They will be two cracking games.

Easts are gone, missed finals last year and will be repeated in final round this year too. Uni by 30. Its not how you start the season but how you finish!

Status
Not open for further replies.