• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Easts are gone, missed finals last year and will be repeated in final round this year too. Uni by 30. Its not how you start the season but how you finish!
Just be careful what you post champ, this isn't me being precious about my club, it's just you posting for a reaction.

And TD someone said Toby White was a slight chance of playing, but doubtful. It'd be great if Jordie Tupou is available. Not sure on Pettowa Parakka's status, we could of used him against GPS, we scrummed well but Grieto isn't up to it around the park, which was to be expected (4th choice?).

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Just be careful what you post champ, this isn't me being precious about my club, it's just you posting for a reaction.

And TD someone said Toby White was a slight chance of playing, but doubtful. It'd be great if Jordie Tupou is available. Not sure on Pettowa Parakka's status, we could of used him against GPS, we scrummed well but Grieto isn't up to it around the park, which was to be expected (4th choice?).

A touch precious I think. Bottom line is you want to go into the final round on the back of wins not losses. Based on club results in all grades in the last 2 rounds depth may well be a problem tigerland. I actually hope you win by 8 in a low try scoring game and help the bankers to 2nd spot. Good luck help us out hey. haha.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
See I feel although partake is a big lad and offers a lot scrum time I think he doesn't have that big of work rate either but his frame does come in handy intimidation and playing wise. But if tupou and white are available that will be a big help. I think It will be a good game but I will keep my opinion reserved until I see team lists

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
University's line up has changed so much since the start of the season. Seem to be playing alot of younger boys and doing it with alot of success. Apparently this young winger Tuglai (?) is one to watch for them, still 19?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I have noticed a lot of their colts have been suiting up for first grade as well. I wonder how that effects their final eligibility. Any one know where this togliatti came from?

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Taulagi came over from Auckland to play rugby. He played at St Kent's (not sure of the full name?) last year & apparently they won the schoolboys title? He's at Uni because his cousins go to BBC and there's a bit of a relationship there. Good kid, talent +++ but eager to learn from every game. Hell of a work ethic, and I'm not used to seeing players who can attack like that who are also able to defend.

Playing Premier grade doesn't affect your eligibility for Premier Colts; the Premier comp is its own comp & players can go up & down at will. I believe there are restrictions in the Brisbane comp, but that's another story.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Sorry TD- just re-read your question re grades & I answered the wrong bit

It comes down to number of games started (as opposed to off the bench). I think you can't have started more than half the games in a higher grade, and you have to have started the most games in the grade you want to qualify in. You can play up, but not down. That's the gist of the rules as I understand them.

Off the top of my head I can only think of one player who has started a first grade (reserve grade) game, but that happened only once or twice (?). He has come off the bench consistently though, as have many many other Colts boys.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
A touch precious I think. Bottom line is you want to go into the final round on the back of wins not losses. Based on club results in all grades in the last 2 rounds depth may well be a problem tigerland. I actually hope you win by 8 in a low try scoring game and help the bankers to 2nd spot. Good luck help us out hey. haha.

Depth is definitely a problem this year. It has more to do with the coaching structures in place in the middle grades. In the past we have relied on player numbers (player talent as a result) to be consistent over a number of grades. But the lack of proper coaching has meant a player drain over the last couple of years. And then this year alot of players haven't been seen in a while. The coaches try their best but we need new ideas and new voices.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I only mentioned as I thought I saw Ethan brown and Kieran fitzgibbon both play reserve grade.....I only mentioned as I thought colts could only play 3 games in grades before in eligible for colts

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)

He is out for 6 weeks. Shame as his work rate has been good.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
A bit nervous ECA? Wests beat GPS 27 - 20 in round 1. After their win over Souths on the weekend I think they will be pretty fired up to finish their season on a winning note. Plus they would end up winning more games than they lost.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Also, time to formulate our own Team of the Season seeing it is the last round?

Few names I'd be putting forward, JP Smith, Kite, Ngaumo, Stollberg, Enever, Buttler, Browning, O'Hare, Freney, Taumata, Brandon, Gillespie, Winkley, Lespiere, Taikato-Simpson, Damon Murphy.

Obviously I can't judge on every team, haven't seen too much of all the teams.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
It will be a different team to the one that versed gps last time but I think it is just as strong if they put out the same team as last week. This game will be won up front in the forwards. I imagine that the wests tight five has the gps one's number. BUt we will have to wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.