• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Higgers playing for wests and the reds players back for easts could be a good game

Butler is the only Reds player at Easts and he was already back last week. I don't think Aidan will be back and Quirk definitely won't be. I would be surprised that Deans doesn't keep wallabies starters rested if they have played a full Super Rugby season AKA Higgers & Genia

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So Uni could have Hanson, Harris and Morahan (played last week) while Sunnybank could field Anae, PAE, Wallace-Harrison, Simmons, Gill, Shatz, Tapui, Ioane and Kingi. Would be an impressive day of club rugby.

I expect a few of these guys wont be playing though.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
So Uni could have Hanson, Harris and Morahan (played last week) while Sunnybank could field Anae, PAE, Wallace-Harrison, Simmons, Gill, Shatz, Tapui, Ioane and Kingi. Would be an impressive day of club rugby.

I expect a few of these guys wont be playing though.

It really pisses me off that Timani and Douglas get picked over Wallace-Harrison. Who I believe is our greatest threat at lineouts, something we haven't had for a long time.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
Didn't Brandon do a sint over in Japan? Surely he has the goods to be given a crack as s15.
Brando has had plenty of chances in a proffesional environment, unfortunatley his defence is not up to stratch at that level. he is a fantastic footballer when allowed to play in his dinner suit, he has the ball on a string and dictates terms to the opposition, but if you upset him and run good ball carriers at him and he loses his edge, He's had stints with the Reds and Force and i think they both found that out. Great club footy player though.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Murphy had a bad game against the force this year…but do we remember Quade Coopers first few games? Now that wasn’t a pretty sight. Both Murph and Brandon are quality players.
I admire Sunnybank immensely for having about 7 reds players, which are all Sunnybank juniors except Wallace-Harrison. However, I feel sorry for the teams like Brothers, Easts and Red Heavies whose Grand-final prospects have somewhat decreased as Sunnybank have found their mojo, after let’s admit an ordinary first half to the season. I would like to see Filth, Tigs or Heavies win as I think they deserve it. Does anyone else agree?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Agree with all of that FilthRugby....maybe Tigers over all the rest though :p

Tempted to go down to Souths just to watch Quade play on Saturday.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Murphy had a bad game against the force this year…but do we remember Quade Coopers first few games? Now that wasn’t a pretty sight. Both Murph and Brandon are quality players.

Disagree with this, for a start Quade was about 17 or 18 when he had his first games for the Reds & whilst some of them certainly were shocking, you could see there was something special there. I didn't get that feeling at all with Murphy in red, just a feeling of dread.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Disagree with this, for a start Quade was about 17 or 18 when he had his first games for the Reds & whilst some of them certainly were shocking, you could see there was something special there. I didn't get that feeling at all with Murphy in red, just a feeling of dread.

You're opinion must have been pretty off-par with the norm. I remember the lion's share of people telling me that Quade wouldn't amount to much.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Hi guys. We have one game covered this weekend and I will probably get to the Souths v Breakers game. If you're going to one of the other matches and can help us out with a short match round up we'd love you input. Even jotting down the number of the scorers and kickers will help.
Thanks Sully.
Norths v Sunshine Coast Rugby Union Norths / Hugh Courtney Oval 1515
Souths v Rugby Gold Coast Souths / Chipsy Wood Oval 1500
Sunnybank v University of Queensland Sunnybank / Old Mac Oval 1500
Wests v Easts Wests / Sedgman Oval 1 1500

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I admire Sunnybank immensely for having about 7 reds players, which are all Sunnybank juniors except Wallace-Harrison. However, I feel sorry for the teams like Brothers, Easts and Red Heavies whose Grand-final prospects have somewhat decreased as Sunnybank have found their mojo, after let’s admit an ordinary first half to the season. I would like to see Filth, Tigs or Heavies win as I think they deserve it. Does anyone else agree?
I think the team that makes it to the Grand Final and wins it deserves it. Sunnybank have hit some semblance of form over that last few weeks but it's not like they have been rubbish all year. They have beaten Easts twice and were the first team to beat Brothers this year. The difference is that they may be becoming more consistent in their form (I can only hope). As for the rep players coming back to them, not many have yet. And the likely hood of some of them returning is very slim, Ioane and Simmons for example.
So to answer you question no I don't feel sorry for the Filth, Easts and Uni.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Hi guys. We have one game covered this weekend and I will probably get to the Souths v Breakers game. If you're going to one of the other matches and can help us out with a short match round up we'd love you input. Even jotting down the number of the scorers and kickers will help.
Thanks Sully.
Norths v Sunshine Coast Rugby Union Norths / Hugh Courtney Oval 1515
Souths v Rugby Gold Coast Souths / Chipsy Wood Oval 1500
Sunnybank v University of Queensland Sunnybank / Old Mac Oval 1500
Wests v Easts Wests / Sedgman Oval 1 1500

I'll give you my two cents worth on the Easts v Wests game.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I think the team that makes it to the Grand Final and wins it deserves it. Sunnybank have hit some semblance of form over that last few weeks but it's not like they have been rubbish all year. They have beaten Easts twice and were the first team to beat Brothers this year. The difference is that they may be becoming more consistent in their form (I can only hope). As for the rep players coming back to them, not many have yet. And the likely hood of some of them returning is very slim, Ioane and Simmons for example.
So to answer you question no I don't feel sorry for the Filth, Easts and Uni.

But your a Sunnybank man......It is pretty annoying that a team with brothers have no rep players dropping back and lets not act like sunnybank are missing out just cause Ioane and simmons aren't available because they gain alo-emile, richard, kingi, wallace-harrison and Holmes. Most clubs would count it a blessing to get one of these lads let alone the five of them. Trust me I hate the filth but I have to feel sorry for them and to some degree. They have played good football all year only to be out done by teams like sunnybank who rely on their check book.
P.S @filthrugby a lot more than AWH played for different juniors

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
But your a Sunnybank man..It is pretty annoying that a team with brothers have no rep players dropping back and lets not act like sunnybank are missing out just cause Ioane and simmons aren't available because they gain alo-emile, richard, kingi, wallace-harrison and Holmes. Most clubs would count it a blessing to get one of these lads let alone the five of them. Trust me I hate the filth but I have to feel sorry for them and to some degree. They have played good football all year only to be out done by teams like sunnybank who rely on their check book.
P.S @filthrugby a lot more than AWH played for different juniors

I think it's good for prem rugby having more professionals come back. Sure it would be nice if the talent was spread evenly right through the competition. But Communism just doesn't work.

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thierry, If Sunnybank rely on their cheque book, why do all the import players from other states play for other clubs - Faainga x 2, Mike Harris, Radike Samo, Beau Robinson, McDuling not mention players such as Andrew Walker, Adam Byrne, Laurie Weeks etc from the past.
Its amazing how people judge others based on their our moral compass of what they would do in that situation.
Maybe the government should look to increase teh tax base from all the rich Samoans living in Sunnybank/Logan area!!

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Thierry, If Sunnybank rely on their cheque book, why do all the import players from other states play for other clubs - Faainga x 2, Mike Harris, Radike Samo, Beau Robinson, McDuling not mention players such as Andrew Walker, Adam Byrne, Laurie Weeks etc from the past.
Its amazing how people judge others based on their our moral compass of what they would do in that situation.
Maybe the government should look to increase teh tax base from all the rich Samoans living in Sunnybank/Logan area!!

I'm not too familiar with the way the system works in Qld/NSW but I do know some of those can be explained away by the Syd Uni/UQ link.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Yup enforcer - UQ and Sydney Uni share a major sponsor, one of our commitee members (a former Colt of UQ club) has the distinction of playing in a Sydney Uni GF win in every grade from 1st grade down to 4th (as he got older and slower he moved down) in addition to being their former GM (or whatever they call it). A former Uni Colts coach is now one of the first grade coaches at Sydney Uni as well.

When players are coming up from Sydney Uni - McDuling & Weeks come to mind - they already have an established point of contact at a club. It's not a guarantee that they'll go to Uni, but it's a point of contact. Then because they are there, any of their other "import" teammates who haven't picked a club will often go where they know someone else.

Harris (although he hasn't played for Uni yet) played alongside Chibba Hanson during Chibba's season playing in the ITM Cup and they became good mates then.

It's easy to say that chequebooks come into play, but in my experience this the case less than others may expect

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'm not too familiar with the way the system works in Qld/NSW but I do know some of those can be explained away by the Syd Uni/UQ link.

What link is their between the two Universities? Have Sydney Uni also been caught misusing government grants?

I have never heard of any relationship between these unis before?

Status
Not open for further replies.